Why so toxic over pvp?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
11/12/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Melaned
there is reports

Too late. :)
11/12/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Natiari
11/12/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Zlo
imagine being miserable because you got killed in a video game. PvE'ers are pathetic.

And this guy continues to prove that warrior PvE player right.

I mean, come on... Is it any more obvious?

Maybe if you had a logical thought process you wouldnt see it as you do now. Maybe its because you already made up your mind that PvP players are evil people.
11/12/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Zlo
Maybe its because you already made up your mind that PvP players are evil people.

Nah. I like to give people a chance. There are some people in here that are quite polite and easy to communicate with.

Then there are other people that call PvE players pathetic, or carebears, etc... They simply prove Azer's point.
11/12/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Natiari
Maybe its because you already made up your mind that PvP players are evil people.

Nah. I like to give people a chance. There are some people in here that are quite polite and easy to communicate with.

Then there are other people that call PvE players pathetic, or carebears, etc... They simply prove Azer's point.

Think logically for one minute. If you are miserable, crying at your desk, because your character got killed by another character in a mmorpg, you dont lose gear, you dont lose xp, there is zero reason you should be upset. To be upset or 'miserable', is pathetic. Its a video game. If you cant handle world PvP encounters, roll on a PvE realm. Dont expect people to hold your hand in a hostile world.
11/12/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Azerothinian
11/12/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Melaned
there is reports

Too late. :)

How long is your GY res timer Fallanaa?

No don't answer I am just making a point. Not like I am dumb enough to actually ask you that seriously.
11/12/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Zlo
roll on a PvE realm.

I do. I don't have the chops for, nor do I enjoy PvP.

I prefer to cooperate, not compete. That's my M.O. in MMORPGs, MOBAs, etc. I play with friends against the AI.

I am also way too competitive and turn into a real a$$ whenever I do anything remotely competitive. I don't like that part of me, so I don't do competitive things.

However, that doesn't mean I agree with your attitude either. PvE players are not pathetic simply because they are PvE players. That would be equated to saying all PvP players were psychopaths. It simply isn't true.

You may have a disdain for PvE players, just as many of them have a disdain for PvP players, but if you don't want to prove people like that correct... Don't act the way they are describing you.
11/12/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Natiari
roll on a PvE realm.

I do. I don't have the chops for, nor do I enjoy PvP.

I prefer to cooperate, not compete. That's my M.O. in MMORPGs, MOBAs, etc. I play with friends against the AI.

I am also way too competitive and turn into a real a$$ whenever I do anything remotely competitive. I don't like that part of me, so I don't do competitive things.

However, that doesn't mean I agree with your attitude either. PvE players are not pathetic simply because they are PvE players. That would be equated to saying all PvP players were psychopaths. It simply isn't true.

You may have a disdain for PvE players, just as many of them have a disdain for PvP players, but if you don't want to prove people like that correct... Don't act the way they are describing you.

"PvE players are not pathetic simply because they are PvE players."

Players that are miserable because they got killed in a MMORPG are pathetic. A PvEer said PvP players make PvEers miserable by killing them.

"if you don't want to prove people like that correct... Don't act the way they are describing you."

I have been giving opinions in a non hostile way. I think your disdain for PvPers is making you read everything I say in a hostile manner.
11/12/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Ziryus
11/12/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Clioneds

And out of curiosity, what would you define as "real" pvp?

Well in general games that are balanced around skill first instead of class > gear > skill like WoW. For example I was playing a game like that that also was set in Azeroth when WoW came out, it was called WC3.

Warcraft 3 a game in which I was ranked top 200 at one point in 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, and 2v2 AT. I was a PvPer in WoW and enjoyed it a great deal. WC3 had 4 races and the balance initially was downright terrible it took years (and an expac) before WC3 could be considered balanced in any way.

Real PvP haha. Even in FPS games there are imbalances such as people camping spawn points, armor, abusing certain weapons you name it. Though I will admit WoW's PvP was indeed determined largely by level, gear, and rock/paper/scissors class matchups there was plenty of skill and strategy involved too.

While we are on the topic it always annoyed me how inferior my Starcraft 1 and 2 skills were compared to other RTS games I've played. My ladder rankings in SC1 were garbage and my SC2 record I maxed out in Diamond League never even hit Master. I was awesome at Warcraft 2 and pretty solid at C&C Red Alert along with Age of Empires 1 and 2. It takes another level of skill to be a master at Starcraft that's all I know.
11/12/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Natiari

You and azer prove us right lol. It is pve players who are vindictive bad people.
Let's face it. Salty players make PVP more fun. No complaints.

Think logically for one minute. If you are miserable, crying at your desk, because your character got killed by another character in a mmorpg, you dont lose gear, you dont lose xp, there is zero reason you should be upset. To be upset or 'miserable', is pathetic. Its a video game. If you cant handle world PvP encounters, roll on a PvE realm. Dont expect people to hold your hand in a hostile world.

I don't get it. Shouldn't you all be happy that the game is forcing PvPers to play with other PvPers? It's about "skill" and "danger", right?

But wait, it never was. You're mad that all the folks you enjoyed ganking can simply avoid your asses now, and that you can't troll them by crapping all over their quest hubs. DIAF.
PVP is great until a certain threshold is crossed and it becomes a vehicle for annoyance instead of competition.
I want gearing for pvp to be done from pvp, gearing for raids comes from raids. not a mixed progression path.
11/11/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Azerothinian
11/11/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Clioneds
because you won't last on a pvp server

Why would I want to when it's filled with horrible people that think they're gods because they can mash buttons?

You left out also having the ability to 2 shot us forever squishy healers and then do some sort of chest beating and nether region fondling ritual at the same time, then lifting their chins to show off their neck fat and wanna be beard to the reflection in their monitor.
11/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Azerothinian
PvP players tend to be overly competitive, and very hostile toward everyone. They don't have many good qualities beyond twitchy reflexes.

Many of them have bad attitudes and tend to verbally attack players that don't like PvP. (Carebear, etc.)

Part of why one of the very few good things about BfA was completely segregating PvP on all servers.

Sounds like someone was told they were a bad player!

And instead of looking in the mirror and trying to improve they took their ball and went home.