Anyone else still having a lot of fun?

General Discussion
11/11/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Michroyal

The WQ's, no reason to do them.

Agree. They need to seriously up the rewards from WQs.

I think they overcorrected from Legion. Mission table too - sure, the Legion mission table allowed you to basically print cash, but the new ones are useless once you have one toon at exalted in the factions that matter. I completely ignore it on alts.
Um... sure?
My iLvl has plateaued on this character because I'm not one for raids and mythic. Kinda not sure what all to do on it besides WPvP.

Started two monks, one ironman, one normal. Having fun again. Why have I never tried monks before?
I enjoyed leveling in BFA. But I don't like having E-Sport/E-Sport type activities being my primary game play at max level. I would like my MMO to be more MMO like then not.
I am still having a blast playing my BM hunter here the world quests though little stale now I got most the reps done are to me worth it because of the little gold and gear I can sell for more gold even the ones on troll island are worth it.

Being able in 8.1 to tame my own Spud will be a challenge due to finding the tome of dark whispers thing that so far even the secret discord is having trouble with.

BFA is far from perfect no expansion was even the overrated Wrath had its flaws but in my opinion it still is way better than WOD.
Oh I retired the Raid gloves ages ago. Nowadays if I play I just like to quest a bit then take a break.

Only reason I'd be in a raid would be LFR to do a quest or I'm going on a Mog run. And I'm okay with that. Although I admit I kinda miss raiding but my last real "current raid" was Dragon Soul. You can imagine how one would want to just stop seriously raiding after that.

Ugh....or all the times we did Firelands and we could never beat Normal Ragnaros. I dread the color orange now.
I'll be having more fun after 8.1 when leveling is less of a nightmare.
No, I'm not.

I ate a token to come on here and try to fight the wave of white-knightism that blew up post Blizzcon but those people are so insufferable I think I'm going to tag out.

There's really nothing positive going for this game or it's developers and if you think there is you're a fool.
I log in 2-3 hours a week now just to get my +10 finished.

I don't even do my Emissaries.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is legit fun.
I'm still getting good value for my $15/month although part of that is I still have a lot of old content left to mop up which is what I've been doing lately.

That doesn't stop me from being sad about how much more I was enjoying the game just a few months ago with 7.3.5 before Blizzard put on the crazy hat.
I wish, I love the game but... BFA just isn't cutting out to me, I am going back to my lonely singleplayer RPG roots and finally begin playing Witcher 3, since I finally recovered my Witcher 1 saves and just finished Witcher 2 about an hour ago.

If you are enjoying it, more power to you, I hope I get to enjoy it in the future as many of you guys are.
Not really but I’m trying to. I agree that the art and quests are fantastic - no complaints. But I’m having trouble enjoying it because of the class design.

I’ve always loved making alts but I always had one to two mains. Nothing crazy, mythic +s mainly with some normal raiding. But still - one character I could turn to.

I just can’t find that character now. I can’t tell you all how many times I’ve thought about what class to pick. I’ve gone through all of them in my head at one point and leveling some of them just feels so empty, slow, and boring. I love the old content! Truly. But the class dynamics are just terrible.

It’s sad.
11/11/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Kuranna
No, I'm not.

I ate a token to come on here and try to fight the wave of white-knightism that blew up post Blizzcon but those people are so insufferable I think I'm going to tag out.

There's really nothing positive going for this game or it's developers and if you think there is you're a fool.

What does it say that you read the forum of a game you don't enjoy and are willing to pay those developers to re-sub just to come on the forum and remind everyone how much you don't like the game?
11/11/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Khethiwe
11/11/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Kuranna
No, I'm not.

What does it say that you read the forum of a game you don't enjoy and are willing to pay those developers to re-sub just to come on the forum and remind everyone how much you don't like the game?

It says I hope for change.

Something something Obama.
11/11/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Talvish
Let's get one thing out of the way. I am not Blizzard apologist. I have been very vocal about issues over the years, even getting a vacation from posting at least once that I can remember, if you know what I mean. There are issues that I am fiercely passionate about, like flying and recent leveling exp nerfs. I have played since vanilla with the only significantly long break during WoD.

That said, what is the problem? I've seen a lot of videos from folks like Azmongold, Heelvsbabyface, Preach etc. Complaining about azerite and the outside world.

I think one of the keys to me enjoying the game so much right now is, #1. I don't care about Azerite. I don't farm it or grind it. It comes when it comes. I get a notification that a piece of gear has a new trait I can pick, its a complete surprise that I don't care about. I actually think this one is key. Just stop worrying about azerite and you will enjoy the game a lot more.

As far as the outside world content complaints, I don't get it. The art and music department hit a home run with it. You have world quests, which we have had for a while now. It doesn't take long to get pathfinder, even though I wish we could just buy flying. War mode is great (if you are Horde).

There are plenty of dungeons with the ability to fine tune the difficulty to you with m+. People like Preach say the new raid is actually really good. We got some new arenas this time around and a new battleground.

Professions, while not terribly useful this time around, I like how they are divided among the expansions now.

I actually like what I have seen of the story so far.

You can always still go farm old gear and transmog.

Mission table is a lot less involved than the previous two expansions, which I like.

I love allied races, though I disagree with them being locked behind anything other than the purchase price of the expansion.

Is it because I am a mostly solo player that I am still having fun? Is the game designed for me now? But I even had fun in in the early days when it was definitely not designed for solo players.

Tell me what I am missing. What is so bad about BFA? All I hear is "subs at an all time low" and "Activision losing billions in stock" and "Can't wait for Classic." I dun get it.
Its the class designs, they're garbage.

Like you I have held my tongue back and defended the game but lets be real. Content is great but the class designs are not fun in my opinion.

Edit: It is hard to play a game when the class design of a lot of specs have dramatically changed.
Kinda. I did my first warfronts this week end. Even though I know it's a joke and you can't lose even if you try, I kinda enjoyed doing them and getting my alliance set.

But now that I have a full epic set, I'll have no reason to do my WQ outside of AP and rep in the next 2 weeks... so... yeah... Since I don't do M+, PvP or raids it might have killed my reasons to login daily.
Im having fun. But, then again I was on a 5-6 year wow hiatus. So, it's nice to get back into the swing of things
11/11/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Notsodead
I'm having a blast, but I have friends that are playing so that's probably why. I could see how playing alone could get boring.

Thats all playstyle though more than the game. Some (like myself) enjoy a mostly solo experience..some simply don't. Thats just what it is whether you are talking wrath or bfa.
11/11/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Ltque
I’m having more fun than I’ve had in years. I’m not playing WoW anymore though, so that’s probably why.

You drew me in then... bam! Sucker punched me!