I want to tank so badly BUT

General Discussion
I've already leveled a Brew/Warrior/DH/DK to 120 because I get more value out of the game by feeling helpful to other people and playing a tank

All specs other than blood DK and venge DH just play like !@#, and I don't really enjoy the edgy class fantasy of DK or DH so can you please WoW dev's stop redesigning DPS specs and look at tanks.... It cannot be overstated how poor they *feel* after the GCD increase... I won't even rant about how inferior all the specs are to BDK

DO SOMETHING PLEASEEEEE
I sure stopped wanting to tank.
Well, BDK is getting nerfed next patch so we are all equally crappy
11/11/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Vormav
Well, BDK is getting nerfed next patch so we are all equally crappy

No pushing content for anyone! Down with progression! Nerf all tanks!

#nobuffsjustnerfs
I like Vengeance DH tanking. Not sure what you mean by edgy class fantasy. If you're metagaming to the extent of wanting to tank exclusively, then I feel like the only things that should concern you are damage mitigation and threat maintenance.

I do feel like Vengeance has some rather annoying damage output issues, but not so severe that any tuning is needed.
11/11/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Shamoke
so can you please WoW dev's stop redesigning DPS specs and look at tanks....
Negative to that one buddy. Most if not all dps specs need redesigns still. Not saying tanks don't. If the devs would stop wasting more and more time on Azerite. We'd have some fun playable specs by now. Too much time is being wasted on a gimmick system that will be dropped next xpac.
If time was spent on the classes themselves. Instead of artifact weapons, legendaries, and Azerite. Imagine how much better each class/spec could have been. More complete specs instead of limited time gimmicks.
11/11/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Curzè
11/11/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Shamoke
so can you please WoW dev's stop redesigning DPS specs and look at tanks....
Negative to that one buddy. Most if not all dps specs need redesigns still. Not saying tanks don't. If the devs would stop wasting more and more time on Azerite. We'd have some fun playable specs by now. Too much time is being wasted on a gimmick system that will be dropped next xpac.
If time was spent on the classes themselves. Instead of artifact weapons, legendaries, and Azerite. Imagine how much better each class/spec could have been. More complete specs instead of limited time gimmicks.

Extremely well said.
Monks I've grouped with have been fine. Monks seem like they should be the baseline. Warriors have been garbage, complete utter garbage. Paladins are also subpar, DHs a little too much control and mobility, and BDK the kind of broken that should never have happened
11/11/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
I like Vengeance DH tanking. Not sure what you mean by edgy class fantasy. If you're metagaming to the extent of wanting to tank exclusively, then I feel like the only things that should concern you are damage mitigation and threat maintenance.

I do feel like Vengeance has some rather annoying damage output issues, but not so severe that any tuning is needed.

you know exactly what I mean you just don't agree which is fine it's my subjective opinion, and DH *plays* pretty well

my main issue with almost all tank specs isn't that they can't perform to acceptable levels, it's that they feel clunky and unsatisfying to play
Not to be a jerk but

Brewmaster is one of the best raid tanks RN and in M+ does fine

Blizz already said they are taking more abilities off of GCD

It feels a little b etter when you get to around 340-355 it's normal for expacs to have a bumpy transition from hitting max level to actually having your secondary stats kick in

Now i don't disagree that GCD and a lot of classes feel clunky, but brewmaster is hardly unplayable and unless you're a prot warrior your class won't get in the way of progression (and even then i know a warrior who pushes 15+ regularly)
AND

Blizzard has said they are already fixing it so getting mad that's not fixed now is kinda useless
11/11/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Shamoke
you know exactly what I mean you just don't agree

Err.. No, I don't. o.O
i can't hold any AOE threat like AT ALL playing prot.

I specced into blessed hammer. i spam consecrate, shields, and SotR for cone threat. wings sometimes too but that's not always up.

the only thing that pulls threat is tabbing judgement on everything and i hate it.
11/11/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Somaran
Not to be a jerk but

Brewmaster is one of the best raid tanks RN and in M+ does fine

Blizz already said they are taking more abilities off of GCD

It feels a little b etter when you get to around 340-355 it's normal for expacs to have a bumpy transition from hitting max level to actually having your secondary stats kick in

Now i don't disagree that GCD and a lot of classes feel clunky, but brewmaster is hardly unplayable and unless you're a prot warrior your class won't get in the way of progression (and even then i know a warrior who pushes 15+ regularly)
AND

Blizzard has said they are already fixing it so getting mad that's not fixed now is kinda useless

okay so your arguing that brew and other tanks can perform which I never said they couldn't and agreeing that the tanks feel clunky and unsatisfying

thank you for your support
I wouldn't mind trying out tanking if they didn't change how Block worked.
11/11/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
11/11/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Shamoke
you know exactly what I mean you just don't agree

Err.. No, I don't. o.O

DH is a cheesy and cringy class fantasy to me personally
11/11/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Rautha
i can't hold any AOE threat like AT ALL playing prot.

I specced into blessed hammer. i spam consecrate, shields, and SotR for cone threat. wings sometimes too but that's not always up.

the only thing that pulls threat is tabbing judgement on everything and i hate it.

Prot Pal is one of the few tanks I haven't explored much, but yes frustrating and clunky gameplay that technically *functions* but *feels* like !@#$ is par the course for most tanks at the moment
11/11/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
I sure stopped wanting to tank.
you dont like the feeling of gumming your enemies to death? of feeling overly-reliant on your healer? of hitting the same couple buttons over and over? waaaahh???

idk man, i feel ready for a console controller! it'll be fabulous! so... fabulous...

>:[
The lack of GCD is what made this game feel better than those other mmo's and not it feels like garbage. I hate GCD all it does is slow down gameplay...
I love tanking more than DPS, It feels more satisfying to me for some reason?
11/11/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Danju
I love tanking more than DPS, It feels more satisfying to me for some reason?

I find it satisfying because I know I just helped a few people not waste more of their time waiting for a tank