The trial of Sylvanas Windrunner.

General Discussion
11/12/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Snikrot
No, she'll get the Illidan treatment where she's been a misunderstood hero all along. Except we'll actually like her because she's not an insufferable pretentious douche.

What, I actually like Illidan. i dont think i could ever say that for slyvy.
I want go maddness like Dangan Ronpa like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avr-Iu5vWsM
11/12/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Blasco
What if she simply escapes? She's more than capable of flying away from a lost battle.

I see this happening, another Lich King and undead expansion incoming, hype is real.
You can't judge her, she is the judge.
I am betting it will turn out that she was under the sway of someone. An old god or a Sargarus stooge.

Everyone will forgive and forget except the Worgen and ride to her rescue.

The Worgen will vow revenge or some such nonsense and run to the hills. This thread of the story will be completely forgotten like so many others.

The next expansion will be Sylvannas’ Tea Party and we will struggle to find the ingredients for the perfect dainty dessert to bring.

Only acceptable ingredients will drop from two mobs on opposite ends of the planet on a random respawn timer of about 780 days.

Meanwhile the Orcs will bring some heavy German chocolate cake that doesn’t pair well with the tea, offend the Night elves’ sensabilities and start the 18th war.

Anduin will whine about peace and throw himself into the Malstorm where he finds Thrall playing jacks by himself.

Together the two of them will play at a feverish pace inspiring Azeroth to realize the pointlessness of this storyline and finally give up and kill herself.
11/12/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Menard
Do you think she'll get the garrosh treatment and get a trial?

She will either get a redemption arc, or she will be a martyr in battle, so you won't get the chance for a trial.
11/12/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Stompypotato

Meanwhile the Orcs will bring some heavy German chocolate cake that doesn’t pair well with the tea, offend the Night elves’ sensabilities and start the 18th war.

Unfortunately this is very possible. We're not the most knowledgeable at fine dining and the Night Elves are hella snobby and easily offended.
She will go on trial, escape , and flee to alternate alternative universe azeroth. She will prevent the high elves from becoming blood elves. She will then start the Banshee Horde.
Seeing how well the last trial turned out I doubt she gets a trial. She becomes illidan 2.0.
11/12/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Snikrot
No, she'll get the Illidan treatment where she's been a misunderstood hero all along. Except we'll actually like her because she's not an insufferable pretentious douche.

The salt will be glorioussssss!
Possibly, though I see Sylvanas being banished as the Jailer of N'zoth for her undead eternity; Nathanos will take over as the Forsaken representative.
Does it matter?
The character has been destroyed for a good portion of the playerbase. No matter how this story ends, a large portion of the playerbase will be unhappy with how it was resolved.
The only way to "FIX" hack writing is a retcon but by the time they get to that point the damage will already be done.
11/12/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
Possibly, though I see Sylvanas being banished as the Jailer of N'zoth for her undead eternity; Nathanos will take over as the Forsaken representative.

I like that. Little throwback to Diablo 2. Unfortunately I can’t remember the Hordorium’s name.
No, she will get a pass because in the end they will pull the 'only evil can defeat evil' trope and she will save us all from Azshara.
11/12/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Gilgalen
No, she will get a pass because in the end they will pull the 'only evil can defeat evil' trope and she will save us all from Azshara.

That would be so lame and corny it'd be funny.

They're so going to do it.
What is she being charged with? Waging war with the enemy.
11/12/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Izhkarl

"Let's completely disregard the fact that she killed thousands of innocent civilians and children by burning a tree devoid of any military"

And before you say "No rules in warcraft universe!!!" There is literally a WoW book called War Crimes entirely about Garrosh and his trial. So no.
A Trial for destroying Alliance? I don't think so
11/12/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Ayaani
11/12/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Izhkarl

"Let's completely disregard the fact that she killed thousands of innocent civilians and children by burning a tree devoid of any military"

And before you say "No rules in warcraft universe!!!" There is literally a WoW book called War Crimes entirely about Garrosh and his trial. So no.

Devoid of any military? So what are the Sentinel Forces stationed there supposed to be then lol.