Warriors: Do You Miss Stance Dancing?

General Discussion
Do ya?
They probably miss how OP it was. Especially with the macros for it. DKs got a similar nerf because people felt having the skill to swap to blood presence when being focused and back to unholy presence when not was unfair. Lolol.
Having to do it to generate any actual AOE threat was super dumb.
Bring back stances, presences, auras. Totems.
Yes
I miss all the things that made specs more complicated and immersive.
11/12/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Noctyth
I miss all the things that made specs more complicated and immersive.
I do on mine, it was fun switching stances to use different abilities. It made me feel like a weapon master, at least in pvp. Combined that with macros and a spec like tbc arms that should have been rather dull was actually a lot of fun, and you could pull off some amazing things by switching in and out of stances.
Having to macro something to make it useful is a design flaw. it just shows how wasteful the decision making process is to do something.

Once set up and in to your rotation, this kind of thing was basically mechanical rather than a "meaningful choice".

Blizzard wants our choices to have consequences, stance dancing didn't really offer this.
The only dance I DON'T miss is going from Charge to Intercept by switching from Battle stance to Berserker stance. The Double Time talent is so much easier.
No, having 400 abilities on multiple tabs were no way efficient.

They should maybe bring back stances as in one for defense and one for offense. But not in its original format.
It was basically macroed ,so no
I think there is a happy medium somewhere between the bloated Fisher-Price Ability Piano we had back in the old days and the 3-6 button rotations we have now. Also, as a monk, I miss stances too.
I LOVED watching good warriors duel that would throw down banners and intervene towards them as a makeshift Charge. AFAIK this cant be done anymore...haven’t played warrior in awhile
11/12/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Piddy
Having to macro something to make it useful is a design flaw. it just shows how wasteful the decision making process is to do something.

Once set up and in to your rotation, this kind of thing was basically mechanical rather than a "meaningful choice".

Blizzard wants our choices to have consequences, stance dancing didn't really offer this.

You didn't have to macro the stance. You just had to click it. Lol Stance dancing had consequence. You lost your rage from your current stance passed like 15 or 30, something like that. So if you had like 60 rage, and stance switched you lost 30-45 rage. Whatever number it was, I don't remember
Not really.
I missed being able to swap presences on a DK for moving faster or staying alive better etc.

Warrior stance dancing and gladiator stance , etc let me play a sort of sword and board dps that I found rpg wise comforting.

I actually liked having a lot of niche abilities and options, up to the point where I had to open my spell book to use some once in a while.

Some did some don't, All I can offer is what pleased me and made the game more fun for me.
There was a host of problems with stance dancing. Ability management basically forced warriors to have to be active in 2 specs. This was in vanilla mind you, If you raided, you generally weren't taken seriously unless you were Prot spec, I never PVPed so I knew very little about arms, but the raids were so large that we'd undoubtedly have someone either picking up adds and tanking them, and then having them switch to DPS bosses. Having to bounce back and forth, losing rage, managing aggro when you had to manage aggro, it was a tough spot to be in if you weren't a primary tank that didn't have to worry about switching back and forth. Things became a little more reasonable at the beginning of the AQ patch release, some abilities got re-tuned and some specific gear was more easily obtained that made fury a much more viable option. Basically the less you had to stance dance, the more you were able to shine as a character, tanks could simply worry about being tanks and fury could simply stick to fury. Stance dancing nonstop either made you a poor dps-er , or made your life hell as a tank (this being due to the fear break management in berseker stance that was often used, which meant there were spurts of heavy damage inflicted to the tank, and less aggro gain for the tank)
Cata Fury Warrior was pretty much the best playstyle.
11/12/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Fayenara
(this being due to the fear break management in berseker stance that was often used, which meant there were spurts of heavy damage inflicted to the tank, and less aggro gain for the tank)

I don't remember berserker stance breaking fear, unless you're talking about berserker rage. If you were feared in defensive stance, I don't remember if you could change stances during the fear.