Warriors: Do You Miss Stance Dancing?

General Discussion
11/12/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Slimeseason
I LOVED watching good warriors duel that would throw down banners and intervene towards them as a makeshift Charge. AFAIK this cant be done anymore...haven’t played warrior in awhile

I miss having banners that you could intervene to more than I miss stances.

Other than Gladiator Stance. That was alright.

But the Cata version where you made automatic switching macros so that your moves that you could do in the +5% stance you switched to it, and then macros for the other abilities that you had to be in a different stance for were just annoying.
I like the concept and idea of it. It sounds cool. I never played a warrior deeply enough when it was still a thing.

But being this experienced master of arms, who could switch fighting stances in any given situation sounds amazing.
11/12/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Wreckingbals
11/12/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Fayenara
(this being due to the fear break management in berseker stance that was often used, which meant there were spurts of heavy damage inflicted to the tank, and less aggro gain for the tank)

I don't remember berserker stance breaking fear, unless you're talking about berserker rage. If you were feared in defensive stance, I don't remember if you could change stances during the fear.

If you where tanking the dog in mc you would run in at about a 3 count (one, one thousand, two, one thousand, three one thousand) you would swap and pop berserker rage. After that every time it went off cooldown.

If you where tanking Onyxia or Nefarian or a world dragon with fear, you would watch the ground, the second the ground shook you would swap stances and pop B.R. then immediately swap back to defensive. Alliance didn't have to bother with this, something the Dwarven priests could cast on the tank (stone shield?) maybe.
11/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Zenrock
Alliance didn't have to bother with this, something the Dwarven priests could cast on the tank (stone shield?) maybe.

Fear Ward.

11/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Rivak
But being this experienced master of arms, who could switch fighting stances in any given situation sounds amazing.

It sounds awesome but then it had all these limitations, like you could only do some things in Defensive stance or Berserker Rage could only be Berserker stance and Overpower I think needed Battle Stance (but not Berserker Stance).

WoWpedia explains it best: "Prior to 5.0.4, stances behaved as forms and restricted ability availability."
Blizzard will add them back, but on the GCD.
stances were only good during mop

warriors had dstance AND shield wall AND and die by the sword and fury had ER but it was bad, making us rogues when it came to staying alive

we also got to abuse rage on damage taken from berserker stance and many fights had tons of constant aoe damage. garrosh was a fight we excelled at because of this. all the raid damage could either fuel heroic strikes or we could swap into dstance between his big hits in the other realm to minimize damage

otherwise it was lame. you macrod it and never paid attention to it when we were required to use it for OP and such
I disliked it on my warrior.
11/12/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Bobbydígital
we also got to abuse rage on damage taken from berserker stance and many fights had tons of constant aoe damage. garrosh was a fight we excelled at because of this. all the raid damage could either fuel heroic strikes or we could swap into dstance between his big hits in the other realm to minimize damage

I loved MoP Fury so much for this.

Weaving Heroic Strikes and using Berserker Stance during heavy AoE damage for LIMITLESS RAGE.

I just remembered that the last time or the last few times that we fought normal Thok (current Heroic) we would stay stacked and I have a screenshot from one of our kills where we got 62+ stacks of his yell buff and I was way ahead of everyone else in damage.
11/12/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Bobbydígital
stances were only good during mop

warriors had dstance AND shield wall AND and die by the sword and fury had ER but it was bad, making us rogues when it came to staying alive

otherwise it was lame. you macrod it and never paid attention to it when we were required to use it for OP and such

Unrelated but I love your name. WU TANG!
11/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Zenrock
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I don't remember berserker stance breaking fear, unless you're talking about berserker rage. If you were feared in defensive stance, I don't remember if you could change stances during the fear.

If you where tanking the dog in mc you would run in at about a 3 count (one, one thousand, two, one thousand, three one thousand) you would swap and pop berserker rage. After that every time it went off cooldown.

If you where tanking Onyxia or Nefarian or a world dragon with fear, you would watch the ground, the second the ground shook you would swap stances and pop B.R. then immediately swap back to defensive. Alliance didn't have to bother with this, something the Dwarven priests could cast on the tank (stone shield?) maybe.

They had fear ward. Whoops I didn't read someone else already answered that
Was interesting vs rogues..

Evasion > he battle stances for overpower > gouge and reset because he lost access to berserker rage.

That or he stays and misses a bunch (unless he can get behind).

Lots of rogues didn’t want to use evasion because overpower would wreck you though.
Vanilla pvp was crazy about gouge resets from what I remember though.
I miss the luxury of being able to switch stances on my warrior, not so much being required to do so to do well. Granted, I am a filthy casual.
idk about warriors but i miss my crane stance on this monk, among other things
It was great, back then you could def tell who the good warriors were.
Jumping to Berserker Stance just to use Berserker Rage and put yourself on GCD wasn't good gameplay.