shaman is really good in vanilla

Shaman
not sure if the frankenstein that is coming out next year will be true to this but all 3 specs rocked back in the day.
That’s some epic lvl rose coloured classes you have on there buddy. Neither of the dps specs were viable in PvE content, short of being the Nightfall-!@#$%^ as Enhancement. Even the Resto shaman was....okay, at best. Chain heal was amazing and all, but compared to pally usefulness? Not even close.
Raids will always want a few shamans. Windfury totem, cleansing totem, mana spring totem!

In terms of dps, middle of the pack. In terms of healing, middle of the pack with emphasise on AOE where they excelled.

AND people please remember SHAMANS are horde only and PALADINS are alliance only. This didnt not change until TBC! So in terms of comparing the two is a null and void as you cant have them together.
Patch 1.12 is post patch 1.4 for Windfury not proccing off itself.
Then the final nail in the coffin was the 1.11 patch that reduced the Bonus Attack Power of Windfury in HALF.
If this really is 1.12 in terms of balance Enhance will be bad.
Elemental will shine however every 2 minutes if you’re geared enough for some burst damage but won’t be wanted in PVE.
ooc rezzing was awesome.
11/12/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Sousukei
Raids will always want a few shamans. Windfury totem, cleansing totem, mana spring totem!

In terms of dps, middle of the pack. In terms of healing, middle of the pack with emphasise on AOE where they excelled.

AND people please remember SHAMANS are horde only and PALADINS are alliance only. This didnt not change until TBC! So in terms of comparing the two is a null and void as you cant have them together.

I was well aware of the paladin being alliance only. Very important to compare the two, however, as either one is a big determining factor for faction choices
Shaman buffs were required for raids in MC and AQ. Onyxia was easier for alliance due to bubbles preventing the whelping one shot. Though like all things, we were useful, just not for what everyone likes to think we were. Shaman in the day were moving buff counters. Also, Bloodlust was insane.
11/12/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
Patch 1.12 is post patch 1.4 for Windfury not proccing off itself.
Then the final nail in the coffin was the 1.11 patch that reduced the Bonus Attack Power of Windfury in HALF.
If this really is 1.12 in terms of balance Enhance will be bad.
Elemental will shine however every 2 minutes if you’re geared enough for some burst damage but won’t be wanted in PVE.

I still melted face in PvP at the end of vanilla. The proccing was extremely OP, but not having it didn't cripple us.
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Vigr
Shaman buffs were required for raids in MC and AQ. Onyxia was easier for alliance due to bubbles preventing the whelping one shot. Though like all things, we were useful, just not for what everyone likes to think we were. Shaman in the day were moving buff counters. Also, Bloodlust was insane.

Bloodlust didn't exist then. It was added in TBC https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust
If you want to play Enhance(Which Im sure many will, because everyone wants to be the next Unbreakable), then I'd highly advise keeping some gold around for re-speccing.

Cause you will be playing Resto in raids, Mana-Tide is extremely important

Shamans will insane for PvP though, both Ele & Enhance have some of the best burst in the game. Insane anti-caster utility as well with Grounding, rank1 Earthshock & Purge
i cant wait for 2hd enhancement in classic even with a blue weapon back in the day you could one shot lower health targets.

it was so much fun i mite not come back to modern.
And then you realize its vanilla and it's bad anyway.
11/13/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Twisp
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Vigr

Bloodlust didn't exist then. It was added in TBC https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

Ah yes, been a while since then. Good call.
I made the same mistake once, and was corrected, which is why its stuck :P.

As I don't play on private servers, it hadn't been terribly relevant knowledge to retain.