Surviving in 2's as heals

Arenas
So I'm sure the floodgates are open since my rating is trash but oh well. Does anyone have any tips on some of these double dps duos? even if I wall prior to the 30 second CC chain that follows, I drop like a sack of potatoes. And then if I pop everything and pop trink, then I just get kidney'd or beamed or sheeped. Just feel like I don't have enough things to answer all the CC that can be thrown in succession at me. Or is there a better class built to withstand this? I have all healing classes at max level besides priest. Other classes just don't have much for gear.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
What dps do you run with?

Keep in mind it's also your dps' job to peel for you and to bring them down. Against most double dps comps, the damage you guys do will be lasting far more lasting than what they deal to you. So most double dps comps go all in from the start. Important thing, at least with monk, is getting your hots rolling before openers on you so that you don't have to waste globals to apply them, making sure you are properly walling, and utilizing your teleport wisely. with chi torpedo you can often times dash from one pillar to another, heal up and port back, depending on how hard they chased. Utilizing way of the crane too, at a minimum to break the immobiles on you can be used properly. In general, don't be afraid to pop your kick immunity first to top yourself if you want to save the trinket for the 2nd go at you.
I play with a variety, wars (fury) and DH seem to go smoothest. But I feel like that's abusing broken comps. But I guess I shouldn't feel bad cuz that's all I lose to. Idk. I get my hots on myself, but so much damage comes in that I cant even make it to get to my bubble after I'm finally not locked out of it anymore. Just frustrating
Most MV I see stand in Africa while doing massive healing output. The only time they go in is when they do their "go". So just barrel roll in and incap/leg sweep the healer or dps (whoever you're planning to cc) and pop way of the crane on your kill target.

After WOTC, just stand max range and heal.
Your initial post is confusing. Are you dying or your DPS? At your rating, if your DPS is dying in the opener, your DPS needs to use their trinket / pop defensives. If you are dying in the opener, as a monk you need to use your escapes - are all your escapes on CD when you die?
If your dying in 2s against double dps, try running Way of the Crane to help end the match quicker and give you really good healing output. WOTC acts as a defensive and offensive to a certain degree. Also try running Dampen Harm as well as normal wall, and put your port in a good spot that will allow you to get 3-5 seconds of solid healing on yourself.

Make sure your moving away from your port until your at max range to get as much space between you and your enemies when you use it, preferably in a spot that will leave you LoS of the enemy. And always take Ring of Peace against any double dps comps that have 1 melee.
This post pertains to the double stealth dps comps. Rogue Mage mostly. Even if I roll then the mage will shimmer and still poly.

I always am the target, not the dps on my team, which is fine. I just feel like I legit don't have enough to counter a double dps with CC like the comp I mentioned. idk healing feelsbadman lmao
You need to abuse port and ROP more.

For example. on ruins you can place your port in spawn and then go out the max distance from port before they open on you. From there you can port + ROP the entrance to keep most classes from getting to you for a solid 6+ seconds and buy enough time to top yourself. From there it should be easy to prewall with EM up and survive anything else.

Other stuff you can and should do are things like use spinning crane kick + a chi torpedo to cover max aoe distance, and ensure your partner is in a solid place to peel for you.

If you're playing with a DH they can drop a big darkness on you in the opener and thats a solid 8 seconds of "lul cant die" as well.
Im not exactly very good, but across all the healers i play. My survivability really depends on wether my DPS plays like he's just a DPS or if they play to keep me alive at the opener. Its still a huge challenge but its the difference between living and having 3-4 seconds to bring me from 20% back to above 50% or dying.
you should be able to avoid a majority of the cc

like poly for example, you shouldnt get pollied unless you were stunned prior
if hes in your head with shimmer and happens to get it, it only means your dps is going to get a good amount of uptime because the mage wasted a blink charge
11/14/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Murffee
Even if I roll then the mage will shimmer and still poly.

Removing Shimmer will make PvP so much better. Make mages take skill again.
This post pertains to the double stealth dps comps. Rogue Mage mostly.
If it helps, I still get trashed by rogue/mage openers from time to time. Here's what I've learned so far:

• If the mage comes out of stealth casting Greater Pyro, your partner needs to use their trinket to stop it.
  • You cannot trinket combustion. Your trinket = vendetta, unless the rogue doesn't have trinket in which case your DPS should be able to peel the rogue's entire go. Do not trinket Blind until they use vendetta either, and make sure your partner stuns rogue on the last second of blind so he can't vanish/sap you off.
  • Try to triple-stack azerite fortification traits, followed by overflowing mist traits. Pre-enveloping mist yourself when you suspect the swap. Their goes on you will often be on the CD of shadowstep/kidney.
  • Stack versatility.
  • Only use WotC when kidney is on CD and your partner hasn't been juked by the mage yet.
  • Only use your mobility to delay the time between their next go and when your next defensive CD is up. In otherwords: facetank rogue damage while lining mage until kidney is off CD, then start rolling/porting/RoPing out.
  • Only use Paralysis if you get kicked.
  • 11/14/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Abombanation
    Even if I roll then the mage will shimmer and still poly.

Removing Shimmer will make PvP so much better. Make mages take skill again.

PREACH
    11/14/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Jao
    This post pertains to the double stealth dps comps. Rogue Mage mostly.
    If it helps, I still get trashed by rogue/mage openers from time to time. Here's what I've learned so far:

• If the mage comes out of stealth casting Greater Pyro, your partner needs to use their trinket to stop it.
  • You cannot trinket combustion. Your trinket = vendetta, unless the rogue doesn't have trinket in which case your DPS should be able to peel the rogue's entire go. Do not trinket Blind until they use vendetta either, and make sure your partner stuns rogue on the last second of blind so he can't vanish/sap you off.
  • Try to triple-stack azerite fortification traits, followed by overflowing mist traits. Pre-enveloping mist yourself when you suspect the swap. Their goes on you will often be on the CD of shadowstep/kidney.
  • Stack versatility.
  • Only use WotC when kidney is on CD and your partner hasn't been juked by the mage yet.
  • Only use your mobility to delay the time between their next go and when your next defensive CD is up. In otherwords: facetank rogue damage while lining mage until kidney is off CD, then start rolling/porting/RoPing out.
  • Only use Paralysis if you get kicked.

• Very good points, just ridiculous it takes all that strategizing when all that needs fixed is shimmer needs to go bye bye
    11/14/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Murffee
    Very good points, just ridiculous it takes all that strategizing when all that needs fixed is shimmer needs to go bye bye
    I actually think shimmer is pretty cool. I think it's really more a problem of how well the kits of fire/assass compliment each other, and how vulnerable MWs are to those kits.

For example, if you played an Rsham, the only strat you need is to sit in ghost wolf for the opener with spirit of the pack traits, the % dmg reduc talent, and spectral recovery. If they commit vendetta or combust, just drop earthen wall and riptide x2.