Raider.IO is killing this game

General Discussion
11/13/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Azuremi
Blizzard has a leader board for the mythic plus for the week which raider io website pulls the data from. On high pop servers it gets full quickly and unless you are doing a high run like 12+ usually its not going to show up on there.

11/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Xecks
i think its the top 500 runs. per realm.

Eww, so this character progressing through low keys for gear on the servers I play on (Thrall, Stormrage, Moon Guard) isn't actually going to show a score. That seems a bit messed up.
11/13/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Azuremi
Why don't the people who make raider IO have a stand alone program that can scan your best runs while you have the game open like the live log programs do?

this is an interesting solution... but if they had that then everyone who wanted to be counted would have to essentially run combat logs with a client just as they do for Warcraft Logs

which... maybe wouldn't be such a terrible thing. but a lot of people have no idea how to manage their logs.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/pve/leaderboards

Most servers are not full at the moment
11/13/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Annastasi
which... maybe wouldn't be such a terrible thing. but a lot of people have no idea how to manage their logs.

It would solve the problem of reporting, or the effort required to report, like WCL does.

If a player doesn't care enough to have data on a reliable source, even bad data, are you convinced they care enough to do higher level keys?

When I raided we had logs so we could check ourselves or pug as needed, it was just what you did to advance your character and people shouted about it being wrong or unneeded. Raider io operating in a way that could be self-submitted would solve some problems.

Maybe if it did both? Reporting the 'top' but you could submit your own data so it would record things that werent at the top of a populaed board.
I would agree with you until I started forming my own groups and it's just as toxic to find people who can decently do the most basic of mechanics. Unfortunately the game is so casual at this point that the general player-base has devolved to the point where we need an artificial ranking system to get things done.

I do agree the way raider.io does it's job doesn't really do player skill ranking in a great way but it's more reliable than ilvl so *shrug*. Ideally, I would want blizzard to enact their own PvE ranking system but until then we can't rely on ilvl alone.

The game's base version has become too easy and players can get near mythic ilvl titanforging the simplest of content making them appear much better than they are.
If the api to make raider.io was disabled I really do wonder how the raider.io community would react.
Worgen are killing this game. 
Get rid of them.
They do nothing but add toxicity and elitism in the game.
11/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Calska
Maybe if it did both? Reporting the 'top' but you could submit your own data so it would record things that werent at the top of a populaed board.

allowing people to submit logs of completed dungeons would solve the "my run doesn'ts how up on .io" problem for sure.

I wonder if they ever considered it.
11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by ßabak
Get rid of it.
It does nothing but add toxicity and elitism in the game.

when a dh is complaining about raider.io

that's a git gud thread for ya
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Annastasi
11/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Calska

allowing people to submit logs of completed dungeons would solve the "my run doesn'ts how up on .io" problem for sure.

I wonder if they ever considered it.

Probably have but it puts the responsibility on the player to make their own score.

There may have also been issues with how to collect data and players lying or submitting other data. It may have been more involved or more complicated than the team cared to do.

Best place to ask would be the site itself if there is one, but I'm at work and can't do much more than mess on the forums right now.
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Kalorea
If the api to make raider.io was disabled I really do wonder how the raider.io community would react.

They'd do the exact same thing they did before raider.io was a thing...alt-tab out and manually look up the applicant in the armory.

The end result is the same, it just takes longer.
I never used it.

Then last night I got a 371 ilvl mage in a +8 who struggled to go over 5k dps on any encounter.

Found out that he had below 10 for parses on every single uldir boss completed and one of the lowest IO's ive ever seen.

Now that Ilvl means literally nothing, I started using it and havn't had a bad group since.

Only bad players complain about it.
did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade Of The WindSeeker]???
I can't get into pug groups at +10 or higher despite clearing tons of +15s last xpac and up to +11 this xpac. My ilvl of 382 and mythic raid experience means nothing.

Last expac I could get into mythic+. Now not so much. I don't really enjoy mythic+. I just like running one a week for the weekly chest. This doesn't inflate my score enough to get groups.
its only killing m+ and im ok with that.i say let m+ die sad thing is its only 3 months in...lmao.
i sound like a broken record when i say this but i will again.

make your own groups.

make friends.

join a guild of like minded people.

all very easy things you can do to stop you from having to worry about raider.io .

the info that raider.io pulls from needs to be expanded, not gotten rid of.
11/13/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Bipzi
Gearscore is killing this game.
Get rid of it.

IIRC didn't Blizzard do exactly that in WoTLK? I remember them breaking the addon.

But then they added the ilvl counter later anyway so it was kind of a mute point.
11/13/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Kelgar
its only killing m+ and im ok with that.i say let m+ die sad thing is its only 3 months in...lmao.

Yeah let it die so bad players like you stay out and we can run our high keys without entitled casuals that can't even interrupt a cast or learn boss mechs.

FYI M+ is difficult content and meant to be that, difficult.
11/13/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Ralanthel
IIRC didn't Blizzard do exactly that in WoTLK? I remember them breaking the addon.

yes they broke it by adding ilvl directly to the displayed interface, then going on to basically build the game around it.
11/13/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Wetrobrute
11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by ßabak
Get rid of it.

when a dh is complaining about raider.io

that's a git gud thread for ya
On the upside ... OP has started a forum meme!