Would You Accept Artifacts Back

General Discussion
If you could customize it? Not just the color scheme, but change how a blade or hilt looks. It can also change from a sword to mace.
Bump
I'd accept Artifacts back if they were exactly like the Legion artifacts. No need to mess with that formula.
Yea I would. It was a cool idea and gave classes more of an identity.
We should have never lost them.
If I can use a knife and an offhand? Maybe. I hate that I was locked into a staff for two years. Knives and offhands are my favorites.
Oh hell yes I loved those artifacts and wish they continued being awesome all the way to 120 and beyond. The azerite neck thing is so boring simplified and unimpressive. I especially like how they would make comments to you !
I mean I'll accept any new appearances if that's what you are asking...

I mean we can already use Legion artifact appearances so I'm a bit confused.
11/14/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Shadøw
If you could customize it?
I had half my artifacts transmogged to something else anyway.
I would so I could get some baseline spells back.
Yep. It was nice not to have to deal with (nonexistent) weapon drops for an expansion.

I liked them.
Look is less important to me than function. I really liked playing a fire mage with the way the artifact gave you some nice burst damage. I enjoyed leveling it up and seeing new powers open up and feeling more powerful.

As a non-raider, it gave me a sense of progress.

Azerite armor just doesn't fit that bill currently.
No, Im glad they are gone. Not as bad as the azerite armor. However, I’d rather have neither. Both are bad systems with their own problems. I realize blizzard thought simply putting tier set bonuses on neck was a cool idea, instead of just making tier set bonuses work and more interesting.

The transmorgs were/are awesome but that’s esthetics not function.
11/14/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Actasanc
I mean I'll accept any new appearances if that's what you are asking...

I mean we can already use Legion artifact appearances so I'm a bit confused.
Let's say if you had the vanilla Ashbringer, but all you just wanted to change the blade on it and leave everything else the same.

Legion's system had appearances(Not enough imo.) and color options, what I'm suggesting is to have a more in-depth customization. Think Fallout 4 for example if you ever played it. But if that type of customization is impossible then I'll take appearances. Azerite is artifacts .5, spec swapping was difficult with them during Legion but spec quality was improved.
All artifacts needed were

1) more skins
2) have artifact power tied to the character like how Azerite is, and not the weapon.
11/14/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Sorelai
I'd accept Artifacts back if they were exactly like the Legion artifacts. No need to mess with that formula.

Yep. I still use my artifact appearances anyway, might as well give me the traits too.
I would gladly dump Azerite like the rotten mess it is, but I'd rather it go back to how it was before they decided to reinvent the wheel.
11/14/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Orctang
We should have never lost them.

We should have also been able to upgrade our Legendaries to ilvl 120. They're "legendary" after all.
Artifacts were cool but it always felt like I was borrowing someone else's weapon.
Yes I would then throw the piece of worthless boring piece of crap so called normal weapon in the trash where it belongs.