Would You Accept Artifacts Back

General Discussion
Hell, I would love to have them back, even if the only thing they did was marginally increase their stats as you leveled.

They made a terrible mistake sh*tcanning them with Battle’s launch.

Then again that is the problem I have always had with end game gear.

We scramble to get all kinds of things only to cast them aside as soon as we jump on a boat or through a portal to a new zone.
No. I play this game for the weapons - i like seeing different ones, i like using different weapons. I don't want to be stuck with a specific weapon for the rest of my life.
11/14/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Kazecap
No. I play this game for the weapons - i like seeing different ones, i like using different weapons. I don't want to be stuck with a specific weapon for the rest of my life.
You could always transmog over it.
11/14/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Stompypotato

Yeah at 500 gold per weapon (well 250 per because void elf). And i wasn't talking about transmog - its also the excitement of seeing a weapon drop. And they had a serious lack of new weapon skins in legion *a few off a boss here and there, but no where near has it was before.

Further more all skins for the Artifacts were datamined before release. They never made new ones after that, they got lazy with making new weapon designs because of artifacts.
To throw more reasons why i don't want them back - half of them had bad lore / made up new lore just for the weapons. Ashbringer was cool because it was a huge lore weapon however the fury and prot warriors weapon's were just kinda.. whatever in terms of lore.

Arms was alright but they should of honestly gone with Axe of Cenarius.
No I don't want the artifact weapon back. I like having a staff or polearm and the regular cat form.
No, why would I want to add another grinding mechanic back in the game, never be excited about a weapon drop, have just as much luck with getting "relics" as I do weapons anyway, and then have to worry that my relic has both the correct primary traits while also having the best crucible traits as well.

If you want to take weapons out of the game you might as well take all armour as well and instead of getting items from doing content we only get artifact power that we can use on our gear to improve it. Occasionally a boss will drop a 1-3% chance item that provides us with a new transmog skin that has no other function.
11/14/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Piselie
Oh hell yes I loved those artifacts and wish they continued being awesome all the way to 120 and beyond. The azerite neck thing is so boring simplified and unimpressive. I especially like how they would make comments to you !

I think the HoA and Azerite Armor would feel much different with the active/passive abilities from the Artifact Weapon still being in place
11/14/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Brrtiful
No I don't want the artifact weapon back. I like having a staff or polearm and the regular cat form.
This is why I said the artifacts should unlike skins for different weapon types.
Bump, make artifacts relevant again .
11/14/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Orctang
We should have never lost them.
Exactly. Going from wielding weapons like Ashbringer, and Doomhammer to random weapon of the boar slayer, or whatever was the ultimate buzzkill imo lol. Once the titan power was removed, could of used a relic slot to upgrade them from here on out. Just adding some mog weapon skins once in awhile to the game to change the looks occasionally would of been much better than just have them sitting in the bank.
If it was just a weapon that grew powerful as you leveled, yes.

With the old talent trees? No.
We will need them again someday. Because with this games storytelling, I'm pretty sure Sargeras will break out of jail, and pull a Cool Hand Luke(what we have here is a failure to communicate meme), and invade Azeroth again haha.
I would gladly dump the existing Azerite system in exchange for using our AP to repower our Artifacts.

They are such iconic weapons, it was dumb to simply throw them in the bank. I'd also love to see the Order Halls make a comeback.
Hell, no. Even though I miss Aluneth's snark (and yes, I know I could get that back by tmogging my staff to Aluneth, but I am committed to my beloved Upside-Down Squid on a Stick).
No I'd get rid of them once and for all I quitted legion because of artifacts and PvP being at an all time AWFUL. I don't enjoy the endless grind that artifacts bring to the table, I have to deal with the horrible RNG loot system they have and that's enought of a grind for me. I don't want to have to deal with that stuff all over again.
I like the artifact system better than the azerite system, honestly.
Only if it was a talent tree of CHOICES.
So we have finite points to build artifact gear and don't forever chase the carrot.
I would rather the artifact system be tied to a cosmetic. Neither weapon or armor, but you know how they were talking about hunter quivers and such. Tie it to that for each class and now you're cooking.
11/14/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Stompypotato

Only like for like. If I don't like a staff on my caster, too bad. That's what I must have.