You played the Arthas card too soon...

General Discussion
Just saying....
Umm... Wrath came out 4 years after the game launched. I'd hardly call that "too soon".

Considering that the Lich King was probably one of the most popular lore villains in WC3, I'm surprised they showed enough restraint NOT to use him until the second expansion.
Not really. It was perfect timing actually. The mmo life cycle isn't that long.
What did you say about my dad?
10/06/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Echõ
Not really. It was perfect timing actually. The mmo life cycle isn't that long.
Wth?
Actually, I think they played the Deathwing card too soon. I think they should’ve gone back to the faction war for at least an expansion before introducing him again. I feel like it was just random and perfect timing that as soon as we defeat Arthas, Deathwing pops out of the ground

I really liked Cataclysm, I feel like it was a really unique expansion, but it could have been one of the best expansions if more care and thought was given to it’s creation
10/06/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Pottaz
Actually, I think they played the Deathwing card too soon. I think they should’ve gone back to the faction war for at least an expansion before introducing him again. I feel like it was just random and perfect timing that as soon as we defeat Arthas, Deathwing pops out of the ground

I really liked Cataclysm, I feel like it was a really unique expansion, but it could have been one of the best expansions if more care and thought was given to it’s creation

Deathwing was just wasted potential. All that flying around all over the world, never stopping in one place for too long, to me it felt like there should have been a reason for that, like he was running from something, something along those lines anyway. Like, he summons Ragnaros to burn Hyjal, a task he could have easily done himself if he spent more than 1 minute there.

But no, turns out he was just loco and all he really needed to do was take a swim in the maelstrom and cast Cataclysm again to win (even though it wasn't actually a spell the first time)