Alliance nowhere to be found in War Mode...

General Discussion
10/07/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Konstrukt
Weird considering PvP is the only thing alliance are good at sometimes.

we got AV for That lol win or Lost its still Fun.
10/07/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Kalakbar
I mean, lots of folks have given good feedback on how to fix this issue, but Blizzard doesn't seem to want to change anything. Feels Bad Man

This statement assumes that an issue exists. The needed piece of information is the Horde/Alliance ratio since WM's launch. If there was a huge imbalance from the jump, say 100 to 10, that means there was never much interest in wPvP on the Alliance side to begin with. That would also mean the number of Alliance players that did participate in WM at first, but have since turned it off is irrelevant. Like subtracting 1 from 1000.

Besides, there is an in game fix: faction transfer. Probably why Blizzard hasn't said anything. They stand to make money from the wPvP community fixing their own problem.
And everywhere, all across the game, there was a collective Alliance sigh as players realized why world PVP went away in the first place.

Seriously, there's nothing fun or engaging about 10v1. It didn't take long for people to say "Yeah, that's enough, I'm turning it off."
10/07/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Sylverpaw
And everywhere, all across the game, there was a collective Alliance sigh as players realized why world PVP went away in the first place.

Seriously, there's nothing fun or engaging about 10v1. It didn't take long for people to say "Yeah, that's enough, I'm turning it off."

it’s 10v1 in the first place because alliance didn’t turn it on in the very beginning. The horde doesn’t have 10x the amount of alliance players.
call me Crazy if you must but what if all the Alliance Turn's off war mode then what will you do in your spear time i know you will still have the 10% Bonus loot/xp.
So Horde get BONUS for doing PvE in War Mode?
10/07/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Tyierin
10/07/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Sylverpaw

it’s 10v1 in the first place because alliance didn’t turn it on in the very beginning. The horde doesn’t have 10x the amount of alliance players.

No, they don't, but, once again, we're talking about interest in a play style within a population. The horde doesn't need to have 10X the alliance population to outnumber them in wPvP if more of them want to do it.

Why on earth are horde players in denial about this? I wonder if they feel admitting this would be a "win" for the PvE population.
I turned Warmode off because Alliance raids camp popular flight masters and chase you around map.
We are in war mode you just have to find us you silly hordies. OWO
Because Blizzard made it so one sided with all the Horde favoritism and nobody wants to be outnumbered by Horde and that just made the problem even worse.
I have warmode on on all my characters over level 19, alliance or horde.

of course, they say I have schizophrenia, so maybe not the best shining example of how to be.
On the other side, as someone who was kind of hoping to see some PvP, the lack of Alliance interest is disappointing. I'm tempted to start up my Alliance alts again just for this purpose.
If I wasn’t on an RP shard, I would probably just organize a group of Alliance to fight for world quest locations and smash down the Horde. Nothing more satisfying that beating down a side that is accustomed to facerolling.

If you’re lazy and don’t want to organize, that’s your issue. I think it would be a great opportunity for a lot of WPvP with target rich environments if you REALLY wanted to engage as opposed to just doing your daily WoW chores.
10/07/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Whinah

But, since BFA I've started to actually enjoy battlegrounds again.

Me too. The removal of templates has really revived my enjoyment of pvp. Bgs are fun again.
10/07/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Niteborn
Sorry but someone had to say it.

Im always in War Mode.
So I decided to get on my alt here, and can confirm a lot more opportunities for PvP than on my Horde main.
They should just scale players like they do for mobs. 6v1, +(x)% to the one. This would be all sorts of f@#ked with blizzards tuning. But would be funny to see.
On a positive note for the Alliance players who were originally on PVP realms, you can turn WPVP off!!! I finally decided to start leveling from 110 to 120. As soon as I hit 111, I was getting ganked left and right by 120 horde players, then it occurred to me, I don't have to put up with that any more, I can turn WPVP off!!! :)

Even before this latest expansion players already knew the Alliance were outnumbered by the Horde based on wait times for Battlegrounds. Blizzard chose not to fix the population problem and now players on both sides are becoming bored and tuning into other games.

I've said it time and time again, that to remedy this problem Blizzard has to introduce a buff to which ever side is currently outnumbered. Give that 1 Alliance player a buff that will allow them to at least knock off 5 of those 10 Horde players while being ganked. Give power to those who are outnumbered so that the fun isn't one-sided. This will also force players to switch between factions or play alts, which will result in balance.

People don't want to leave because they have time invested into their characters and this game, but the longer and longer they leave, they eventually learn to cut their losses and find something else to do with their time.
Idk what the hell server ya'll are on. Anytime I see alliance in the open world I almost always end up getting out numbered. I feel like the forums I'm reading are form a parallel universe cause I am certainly getting annoyed with it. Bout to just join my fellow horde in giant raid groups.
This is a PvE game, I'd venture to guess that most Alliance players understand that.

It isn't our faction starting pointless conflict and unnecessary wars at every turn.