Reason for posting on an alt

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Cause my horns are sexy
Because I like salt, I just don't want too much salt on it.
It's easy to oversalt your meats.
I post on my main 99% of the time but if I need help with a certain class i'll hop on one of my many classes and ask on them
People have a right to post on whatever toon they wish, but it's always funny to see a shadow alt insulting someone's ilvl or raid progression/raiderio.
This is my main. When I post on an alt, it's usually because the race or class is more appropriate for the thread. For example, I use an alt to post in the thread about guild permissions: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765907165?page=1 because that alt is a Guild Leader.

Oh...dang. This is NOT my main, this is the alt. Lol.
10/08/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Fumel
This is my main. When I post on an alt, it's usually because the race or class is more appropriate for the thread. For example, I use an alt to post in the thread about guild permissions: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765907165?page=1 because that alt is a Guild Leader.

Oh...dang. This is NOT my main, this is the alt. Lol.

<===THIS is my main.
Is there such a thing as a main anymore? It at least doesn’t mean the same as it used to.
I just post on who ever I’m currently playing. I don’t really care much what folks think about my characters. I play for enjoyment!
Well, the reason is...
I post on my main for two reasons.
1. Any time I try to post as one of my alts the website acts up so I couldn't if I wanted to.
2. People who try to denigrate me based on my main more often than not make complete asses of themselves so the benefits greatly outweigh the risks.
I started using an alt the day I got my first PM in-game back in wotlk.

I still post on my main on the warlock forums, but I don't like getting random pms from angry folks in general discussion.

I honestly don't like getting random PMs in-game from anyone at all. But forum users are the bottom of the barrel, so I avoid them at all costs.
I swap is i want to look at a particular character in the profile.

Sometimes I forget to swap back or it bugs and won't let me switch.
To show off cool names, obviously.

I don't need to hide, I've always been a goof and a bit of a jerk on my main anyway.
ALT posting is for pussies.
I like posting on my main for credibility reasons. If I am posting on a topic that I have some experience with, I like for people to able to check and see if I have even experienced that content or similar content. If I see someone posting about issues something in game, and I see that they have zero experience with that content, then they lose credibility in my mind and their thoughts on the topic are much less valid.
I'm pretty sure the reason people post on their alts more than their mains is because they would rather not be armory attacked and left alone in game. Cause once people know other people's main's, they stalk them in game and harass them.
Rather than post on 50 different characters, I choose this character for easy tracking of posts and replies.
Usually I try and switch to the character i'm currently playing.
Sometimes I forget to change character.
Just because the forum needs more Velfs