Mounts ruin the game.

General Discussion
Often times as I am questing, I realize I am moving too fast to properly enjoy the scenery that the devs put so much time and effort into.

I can even outrun enemies and avoid combat which is counter to the design philosophy of this game.

I believe that similar to flight being removed but still being able to ride the flying mounts, the increased movement speed of mounts should be removed.

The running pace of the characters might need to be throttle a little bit as well.

We need to really experience this game not only on the ground like the devs intended, but move at a slow enough pace to appreciate the visual designs and mob placement.
0/10
Myopic / 10
Classic WoW is the game for you.
I solved that problem by walking everywhere.
10/08/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Levíathan
I solved that problem by walking everywhere.

RP walking is unintentionally hilarious now.
Lulz
well world of warcraft has been pretty much collect a mount game for some time now. which is something I hate on a lot of levels.

but other people love it. so, good luck convincing other people of that.
As much as this post is a troll, it wouldn't actually be such an issue if the game were designed around it, which it's not.

The lowest level zones in the game are designed for people to not have mounts, and there's no particular reason the rest of the game couldn't also be. Also if we had Argus style waypoints instead of flight paths it'd be fine.

Now given the way the zones and flight paths are arranged in BFA, i'm going to say actually ground mounts are a little too slow. You're very reliant on ground mounts to progress from one point of interest to another in a reasonable amount of time.
The OP has a point.

Mounts, hearthstones, portals, bats (or whatever your faction uses)...they all make the world much smaller than it is, and Azeroth is in fact a pretty big game world.

I remember how much time it took up to level 20 to get from one quest to another. Sometimes I had to fight a critter that came along my way which added some uncertainty in my journey. The moment I got my mount, I was happy to get from one area to another faster and with less interruptions, I became a commuter. I miss the on-foot days in a way.

Sometimes I don't use my mount just to get back in touch with the journeying.
10/08/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Gassavia
The OP has a point.

Mounts, hearthstones, portals, bats (or whatever your faction uses)...they all make the world much smaller than it is, and Azeroth is in fact a pretty big game world.

I remember how much time it took up to level 20 to get from one quest to another. Sometimes I had to fight a critter that came along my way which added some uncertainty in my journey. The moment I got my mount, I was happy to get from one area to another faster and with less interruptions, I became a commuter. I miss the on-foot days in a way.

check this post out:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769646945#1
-----------\|||/
-----------(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| ---Troll Judge---|
| --------------------|
| -------1/10-------|
'--------------Ooo---'
----------|__|__|
-------------|| ||
---------ooO Ooo
10/08/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Nayrock
The OP has a point.

check this post out:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769646945#1

I had no idea this was happening. I'll keep an eye on this.
Crawling -40% movement speed levels 1-10
Toddle -20% movement speed levels 11-20. occasionally you fall down for a 3sec stun
Toddle part II -10% movement speed levels 21-25
Walking normal movement speed 26-35
Markety walking +10% movement speed 36-45
Sprinting +20% movement speed for 20 seconds 3m Cooldown levels 46-60
Mount I +40% movement speed 60-100
Mount II +60% movement speed 101-120

Flight training I and II requires epic quest chain as well as the creation of FT1 and FT2 saddle/bags, bit/briddle, stirrups, etc. the chain wil require the deepest dedication as you delv into each dungeon in the game to aquire the pieces you need to build your flying materials BoP. each profession will be utilized.
Flight training I 80% movement speed - 120
Flight Training II 100% movement 120 (will be moved to level cap each expansion)

ok, was going to delete all of this but since i spent the time to write it up i thought i would just post anyway. not like this is a serious thread.
The OP has a point.

I dont... alot of people dont classics waiting for you all and you're welcome to it.
Walking is too fast too. Way too fast. It needs a nerf of about 70%. You know what, just gate it behind the pathfinder achievement. One of the requirements would be to crawl in all possible zones and dungeons. And then grind reputation with the alien race that sells licenses that allows people to walk.
You have the choice/option to walk.

I want flying without having to do the long pathfinder achievement. I enjoy seeing the world from up above.
10/08/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Uncledaddy
You have the choice/option to walk.

I want flying without having to do the long pathfinder achievement. I enjoy seeing the world from up above.

I want a full set of mythic gear when I hit 120.

If you don't, you have the choice to equip your quest greens.
10/08/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Viridina
The OP has a point.

I dont... alot of people dont classics waiting for you all and you're welcome to it.

Classic is something I will definitely sign up on....

...though no Blood Elves to play :(.....oh well: I am Forsaken!