When Will Blizzard Start Selling Gear?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Blizz seems to be so thirsty for money (Dreadwake Mount, Blizzcon Prices) I'm guessing it won't be too long before they start selling armor and weapons. Purchasing Elite Armor and Weapons for your class thru the shop.

Do you think that is a good idea or a bad one?
A horrible idea, I'll permanently unsub the first time that happens.
I'll bite.

Blizzcon prices have been the same for ages as far as I know. Mounts have been in the cash shop for some years, too. Same with pets. I think the last time Blizz sold 'gear' is was the tmog helms. Selling /actual/ gear is such a bad idea as it'd make WoW p2w.

Anyhow, the slippery slope fallacy is strong with this thread.
How much did you pay for bfa? How much did you pay for BC? O and uhh, what sub price have you been paying for 13 years?
I don’t think it will happen. They could already be loading the shop with most the cosmetics in the game. Lots of games already do. But they aren’t. So I don’t see them going full Chucklehead on selling EQ.
Already kind of indirectly exists with buying tokens for gold to buy carries.
10/09/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Gurgleloth

That's what everyone said when Blizzard:

• Started selling faction transfers.
  • Started selling mounts in the shop.
  • Started selling mogs in the store.
  • Started selling gold.
  • Started selling character boosts.
  • ...and here we are.
    It won't happen.

Nothing has indicated they are even on that path.

This is just fearmongering.
    Iam surprised they haven’t sold full mog sets on the bnet store..... idk how good or bad that would be. Provided it was bnet exclusive, and not something that you Farm raids for.
    10/09/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Smadinkle

• Started selling gold.
  • ...and here we are.

No they didn't.
    10/09/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Smadinkle

• Started selling gold.
  • ...and here we are.

Actually, I never said any of those. I was fine with each of them including selling tokens since it decreases gold sellers.
    10/09/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Buzzsaww
    Blizz seems to be so thirsty for money (Dreadwake Mount, Blizzcon Prices) I'm guessing it won't be too long before they start selling armor and weapons. Purchasing Elite Armor and Weapons for your class thru the shop.

Thirsty for money by promoting people to save money? 6 months is cheaper than paying 6 individual months. Plenty of people still enjoy the game and plan on playing for more than 6 months. I have had yet to take a break (not even during Cata) and I have been here since the first week of launch. So, not only do you save money, but you get a free mount which if they put it in their store would probably be around $15-$20. You are reaching way too hard here.

Blizzcon prices? You do realize that they are doing a lot more for the home viewer now and want them more engaged and that technology they are doing isn't cheap. Hence why prices rise. Also, you seem to think it is called WoWcon. It is actually Blizzcon because, believe it or not, they have other games too which do quite well so it is about ALL of their games. Not just WoW.

You seem to forget the monthly fee overall is still $15 a month. Has never gone up (unless you are in another country due to laws and country tax).

People really try wayyyy to hard in bashing Blizzard.
    #FakeNews
    10/09/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Buzzsaww

It's already here it's called warfronts enjoy!

• Started selling gold.
  • ...and here we are.

lol, except... no, they didn't. Nice try though
    The moment WoW goes pay to win (which is what you are describing) while still charging a monthly subscription is the moment they will experience intense backlash.

Games that do, at best, get a lot of negative press and at worst...well look at EA...
    I don't think they will sell gear to better a character.
    However, i do think they will go down the rabbit whole of selling transmog sets.
    10/09/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Ashfeld
    Already kind of indirectly exists with buying tokens for gold to buy carries.

But with this you still have to actually play the game to get the gear.
    And there is no guarantee of a good gear drop even if you were carried.

Everything in their shop is cosmetic and does not grant any gameplay advantage to any player.

If they ever have an actual "pay cash for gear" in their shop, that will be the day this game crashes and everyone quits.
    10/09/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Derka
    #FakeNews
    The OP never said it was news, just the OP asking for people's opinions on the subject..