Why can't Lightforged by Shaman?

General Discussion
I'm genuinely a little confused. I am very disappointed by how limited the light forged are when it comes to classes and appearances.
The customization I completely understand, it's new race and even naming a character can be hard for me. I can see why they couldn't be warlocks (You Know) or Rogues (Clip Clop) or Death Knights (Explode when they die) or Demon hunters (Demon Blood, Even though a Lightforged demon hunter would be very cool and fun to me), I'm very shocked at the other restrictions.

Shaman and Monk are both usable by the Draenei, and you'd think the Lightforged would be able to use those powers as well since they are Draenei with the power and blessing of the light. Why would these restrictions be in place? If anything, shouldn't they end up with more options?

Personally, I would have LOVED to play a Shaman Lightforged!
Yeah, it makes no sense. Normal Draenei are becoming lightforged, so they should be Monks and shaman.

The funny thing is, there's a Lightforged Monk boss the next raid, but no LFD are not allowed to roll one.

10/11/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Bellandracy
or Rogues (Clip Clop)

That's a pretty dumb excuse actually. Specially since one of their quests involves a hunter using camouflage to sneak into demons territory...
Or why cant Draenei be Druids
Because they’re fighters for the Light. The LIGHT. They have zero ties to nature at that point.
10/11/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Nagasis
Because they’re fighters for the Light. The LIGHT. They have zero ties to nature at that point.

Doesn't stop them from being hunters or mages.
I think because Lightforged turn their belief to only the Light. Whereas normal Draenei, believe in the Light, but maybe also are able to tune into the elementals.

So since the Lightforged have turned up their light worship, there is no room left for the elements.

This of course is based 100% on my speculation and limited Draenei lore (I've done their starting zone when BC came out, so I clearly know everything).
I suppose I can understand why shaman can't be lightforged, I mean from what I can tell aren't Draenei Shaman supposed to be outcasts or something?

the monk however I just don't know, I was thinking they weren't added just because of balance issues
The Lightforged Draenei are made up of surviving Draenei that remained on Argus to fight the Legion when Velen and the rest of the Draenei fled to Draenor. Draenei Shaman's didn't come about until they met the Orcs on Draenor. As a result, there are no Lightforged Draenei Shamans.
Monk doesn't make sense on a lot of races, so excluding them from it seems odd since they were ok with giving it to everyone else.

As for shamans, I guess the light hurts the elements' eyes or something, who knows.
10/11/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Averyx
10/11/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Nagasis

Doesn't stop them from being hunters or mages.

Mages and Hunters don't have a specific subset of beliefs.

Shamans literally worship the elementals.

10/11/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Haunker
Monk doesn't make sense on a lot of races, so excluding them from it seems odd since they were ok with giving it to everyone else.

Monk is essentially a belief as well, a more modest belief but still one that can't be had side by side with the light.

I mean, Lightforged are basically Zealots, by their nature they're not going accept other beliefs even slightly.

I mean I may be wrong, but they even brought this point home in the Mag'har storyline showing where the Lightforged will likely eventually end up.
10/11/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Nutts
The Lightforged Draenei are made up of surviving Draenei that remained on Argus to fight the Legion when Velen and the rest of the Draenei fled to Draenor. Draenei Shaman's didn't come about until they met the Orcs on Draenor. As a result, there are no Lightforged Draenei Shamans.

Nope, during their recruitment quests we see normal draenei are becoming Lightforged, these aren't Argus residents.

Mages and Hunters don't have a specific subset of beliefs.

Shamans literally worship the elementals.

No they don't. Draenei shaman respect elementals but their beliefs are still based on the light, including broken, even the Argus broken.

The religious Shaman like orcs or tauren, don't worship the elements either, they worship their ancestors.

10/11/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Alisiaa
Monk is essentially a belief as well, a more modest belief but still one that can't be had side by side with the light.

I mean, Lightforged are basically Zealots, by their nature they're not going accept other beliefs even slightly.

Not at all. Monks are fighters, the religious side of Pandarens are represented by their priests. Monks were a last resort once the Mogu banned all weapons. They respect the August Celestials, but they don't worship them. It's like Night Elves with the Wild Gods.

And , again, there's already lightforged monks.

10/11/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Eikes
I suppose I can understand why shaman can't be lightforged, I mean from what I can tell aren't Draenei Shaman supposed to be outcasts or something?

No, they aren't. At first in BC , Draenei didn't light Broken but ultimately accepted them and Draenei shaman learned from them, now they are an integral part of their society.

10/11/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Haunker

Specially since there's now two lightforged monk NPCs.

10/11/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Menard
I think because Lightforged turn their belief to only the Light. Whereas normal Draenei, believe in the Light, but maybe also are able to tune into the elementals.

So since the Lightforged have turned up their light worship, there is no room left for the elements.

This of course is based 100% on my speculation and limited Draenei lore (I've done their starting zone when BC came out, so I clearly know everything).

That should be the reason in theory, but is not like Draenei shaman change religions, they just learn to listen to the elements.

/Box
10/11/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Averyx
That should be the reason in theory, but is not like Draenei shaman change religions, they just learn to listen to the elements.

/Box

Think of it this way

A Christian believes in Christ, but is fine with other religions existing.

A Fire and Brimstone Christian believes in Christ, and thinks the Buddhists and Native Americans are going to hell.

Lightforged are the latter, not the former.

I feel awkward having to use a comparison like that, but here we are.
Draenei can become shamans because they learned it from their broken cousins, who had become disconnected from the light so shamanism was the closest they could get to that kind of connection. It makes no sense that lightforged draenei wouldn't have the same capabilities.
10/11/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Alisiaa
Think of it this way

A Christian believes in Christ, but is fine with other religions existing.

A Fire and Brimstone Christian believes in Christ, and thinks the Buddhists and Native Americans are going to hell.

Lightforged are the latter, not the former.

I feel awkward having to use a comparison like that, but here we are.

Again, no.

Shaman are not a religious group, as even Draenei shaman still follow the light religion. In fact even Nobundo being a Paladin in the AU was able to tune in with the elements.

Same for Monks, they aren't a religion.
10/11/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Averyx
Again, no.

Shaman are not a religious group, as even Draenei shaman still follow the light religion. In fact even Nobundo being a Paladin in the AU was able to tune in with the elements.

Same for Monks, they aren't a religion.

They're not lightforged though, that's the big difference.

I mean their Naaru of choice to follow literally has(had) no issue with trying to force convertees.

And yes, there was a HUGE theme of religion in MoP how did you not notice that?
10/11/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Nutts

Nope, during their recruitment quests we see normal draenei are becoming Lightforged, these aren't Argus residents.

No, we see accolyte's from the Army of the Light who have proven themselves worthy of undergoing the rights to become a Lightforged. These ARE NOT the same Draenei that have been playable. They are surviving Draenei who remained behind on Argus. They were never exposed to Shamanism.
It makes no sense since they're also able to be mages.

All anyone needs to be a Shaman is to enter into a contract with the elements. If Goblins can do it, then so can anyone else.

Monks are just people who manipulate their inner energy, get drunk, and use martial fighting techniques. If the orcs from an alternate timeline can do it, then a 1000+ year-old Lightforged Draenei should be able to do it too.

If anything, it would have been interesting to see lightforged being able to be warlocks. They could justify it by saying that demons are no threat now that Sargeras is gone and that their faith in the light protects them from fel corruption. The lightforged could see their demon minions as potential converts who are serving out their penance as tools for justice.
i sat down for a very long series of very brief talks with my capacitor totem

it seems that fire is jealous of how bright the light is

water doesn't like how the light evaporates it

air doesn't like being invaded by evaporated water

and earth is sad that the light only reaches its surface

they understand and respect my relationship with the light

but with lightforged

it is kind of like showing off your tattoo of your wife's name

to your four girlfriends

all of the time
Same reason ve can't be paladin or any ar can't be dk, it'll "break lore"
I feel like Draenei shamans and monks would be less inclined to go through the Lightforging process. Would he even be able to connect to the elements after going through it? Lore about lightforging is scarce but I can see it being a thing that shamans and monks wouldn't do.