Why can't Lightforged by Shaman?

General Discussion
Those pompous zealots can’t hear the call of the elements with their empty brain filled with brainwashing Light.
10/11/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Alisiaa

Monk is essentially a belief as well, a more modest belief but still one that can't be had side by side with the light.

I mean, Lightforged are basically Zealots, by their nature they're not going accept other beliefs even slightly.

Scarlet crusade has monks

https://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Monk

From what I can tell these monks are fighting priests rather than casters
10/11/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Nutts
The Lightforged Draenei are made up of surviving Draenei that remained on Argus to fight the Legion when Velen and the rest of the Draenei fled to Draenor. Draenei Shaman's didn't come about until they met the Orcs on Draenor. As a result, there are no Lightforged Draenei Shamans.
No they weren't. They left with Velen, and later split off to form the army of the light.
The answer is simple: that would have meant they had to make custom totems for them! And we all know how they can't be bothered fixing the first wave Allied Races!
10/11/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Bellandracy
I'm genuinely a little confused. I am very disappointed by how limited the light forged are when it comes to classes and appearances.
The customization I completely understand, it's new race and even naming a character can be hard for me. I can see why they couldn't be warlocks (You Know) or Rogues (Clip Clop) or Death Knights (Explode when they die) or Demon hunters (Demon Blood, Even though a Lightforged demon hunter would be very cool and fun to me), I'm very shocked at the other restrictions.

Shaman and Monk are both usable by the Draenei, and you'd think the Lightforged would be able to use those powers as well since they are Draenei with the power and blessing of the light. Why would these restrictions be in place? If anything, shouldn't they end up with more<em/> options?

Personally, I would have LOVED to play a Shaman Lightforged!

the funny thing is, the one Draenei T'paartos, you go through the intro quest stuff to unlock is clearly a monk. the class choices were definitely not made because "lore reasons", they just wanted to limit class choice.
10/11/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Gulrum
The answer is simple: that would have meant they had to make custom totems for them! And we all know how they can't be bothered fixing the first wave Allied Races!

Too true, "Blizz" said on an allied race Q and A that they would start fixing these "old" allied races too, giving them new customization options etc. once bfa releases but I suppose they forgot.
10/11/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Nutts
The Lightforged Draenei are made up of surviving Draenei that remained on Argus to fight the Legion when Velen and the rest of the Draenei fled to Draenor. Draenei Shaman's didn't come about until they met the Orcs on Draenor. As a result, there are no Lightforged Draenei Shamans.

Yeah, but the entire recruitment quest is helping a normie draenei become Lightforged. Once they established that process, there's no reason to exclude monks and shaman from the list.
As zealous as they are and given their cloak and dagger strategy for fighting the Legion I feel like rogues would be appropriate for them.
I pretty much always thought it was a reflection of the classes we saw them take on during Argus. That's it; no bull!@#$ thing about the Light cutting them off from other powers or anything like that.

A less meta explanation might be just a case of missed opportunity, though it's all perhaps highly arguable. Every class Lightforged can be are classes we saw of AoL units and npcs, assuming the ones create are among those numbers it would make perfect sense. Assuming we're suppose to be new ones then I suppose it would make less sense.
Draenei didn't become Shaman's until very recently in lore. Some actually adopted it because they lost complete access to the light, like Nobundo, who use to be a paladin until he become Broken and heard the call of the elements on Draenor.

Its not entirely clear whether or not the Draenei who become Lightforged are Xenedar residents only or if they began accepting recruits from the Azeroth Draenei, but it definitely seems like Shaman's would not be accepted due to a weak relationship with the light.
Regular Draenei are more in connection with their past and their ancestry.

Lightforged are more a specifically devoted group of Draenei who have dedicated themselves to singular purpose, the "Light", they don't do the power of the Elements. You can think of them almost as a dedicated religious group within the Draenei and their religion is "The Light", thus they wouldn't even consider the power of the Elements.
The whispers of the Light drown out any chance at listening to the elements. I think a certain naaru showed just how zealous the Light can be. Not to mention there's nothing left in the way of elements to commune with on Argus.
10/11/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Alisiaa

Think of it this way

A Christian believes in Christ, but is fine with other religions existing.

A Fire and Brimstone Christian believes in Christ, and thinks the Buddhists and Native Americans are going to hell.

Lightforged are the latter, not the former.

I feel awkward having to use a comparison like that, but here we are.

My problem with this is that Being in tune with the elements and nature hasn't been an issue with Hunters or Mages, they seem to be able to focus their attention on the elements without any interference.

Lorewise it's confusing to me because of this.

Furthermore, I can't seem to figure out why most of the AR can't be DKs either. Lightforged and Velfs I understand, because Lightforged explode (As stated above) and Velfs only began to exist at the beginning of BFA.
That being said, I see no reason as to why the new Deathlord wouldn't raise fallen void elves if need be, so all but the Lightforged should be able to be DKs lorewise, right?

Maybe I'm overthinking it
not too many elemental spirits to commune with in space and on dead planets.
They should have monk at least. The Draenei had their own versions of unarmed combatants back on Argus well before they met any Pandarens. There were those world quests where you took control of a Jed,in(don't exactly remember the name) fighter to spar with another. I don't think it would be that odd to have LF Draenei being monks for that reason.
10/11/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Alisiaa
And yes, there was a HUGE theme of religion in MoP how did you not notice that?

I'm more wondering how you managed to extract that.
10/11/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Alisiaa

Think of it this way

A Christian believes in Christ, but is fine with other religions existing.

A Fire and Brimstone Christian believes in Christ, and thinks the Buddhists and Native Americans are going to hell.

Lightforged are the latter, not the former.

I feel awkward having to use a comparison like that, but here we are.

My problem with this is that Being in tune with the elements and nature hasn't been an issue with Hunters or Mages, they seem to be able to focus their attention on the elements without any interference.

Lorewise it's confusing to me because of this.

Furthermore, I can't seem to figure out why most of the AR can't be DKs either. Lightforged and Velfs I understand, because Lightforged explode (As stated above) and Velfs only began to exist at the beginning of BFA.
That being said, I see no reason as to why the new Deathlord wouldn't raise fallen void elves if need be, so all but the Lightforged should be able to be DKs lorewise, right?

Maybe I'm overthinking it

To answer the bold part, mages don't use the elements they use the arcane and the simpler (beginner) way to use arcane is to make fire and ice in warcraft lore. Hunters also are using training, tricks, and gadgets not magic /the light /elemental /fel.