The alliance must be more understanding "Teldrassil" if they want to continue

General Discussion
I know most of you, the uninformed majority, think the burning of Teldrassil was wrong or a bad idea, but i'm gonna drop some lore on you right now that might just open your eyes to the truth and set you free.

You see, World Trees are easily corrupted, and when i say easily, i mean that they always are unless they are blessed by the Dragon Aspects at its birth, which Teldrassil was not. It wasnt until a long long long time later, during Cataclysmic, that it was blessed, but at that stage the Emerald Nightmare corruption was settled deep within it's roots and unable to be purged fully.

ONE person saw this. ONE person foresaw the likely devastation that would occur if nothing was done to prevent it. ONE person acted quickly and though killing thousands of lives, likely saved billions. And as a consultation, those who died were raised to live again.

Now that you've been woken and understand that it had to be done, maybe we can move on and celebrate for the greater good. Dark Lady watch over you.
Oh please, she didnt do it because it was corrupted. She fried those people to send a message, that she is going to kill them all and has no remorse about it.
finally. someone else that’s enlightened. sylvanas saw the old god curroption from the VERY beginning, she saved millions—no... trillions of lives by burning down the tree, and when at the end of BfA she says “Azeroth is free”, make sure to come back and thank bravado and me.
well ur dark lady could have told the alliance leader to evacuate the citizens before burning down the tree so either ur dark lady is stupid or just a person who committed a genocide
Sequel to "Garrosh did nothing wrong" now in stores.
Ya... No.

By the by. Teldrassil may not have been the most healthy of the World Trees, but it was actively being protected by the Night Elves, keeping that corruption away.

I mean... Play a Night Elf and learn this stuff yourself. (That said is has been a year for me, but I'm certain that is what was happening there.) Geez. Stop trying to make Sylvy some saint or something. Because she isn't. Not in any form or fashion.
Obvious troll is obvious.
10/13/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Solistrae
Ya... No.

By the by. Teldrassil may not have been the most healthy of the World Trees, but it was actively being protected by the Night Elves, keeping that corruption away.

I mean... Play a Night Elf and learn this stuff yourself. (That said is has been a year for me, but I'm certain that is what was happening there.) Geez. Stop trying to make Sylvy some saint or something. Because she isn't. Not in any form or fashion.

wow as a night elf myself i forgotten wat the storyline was back when i was levelling to 20 good call
I'm giving you a like because this is one well crafted piece of propaganda and its going to get a lot of bites.
lol this guy won't quit
Malfurion, upon returning to Darnassus, discovered that a remnant of a great evil he had sealed away had attached itself to Teldrassil. This corrupted the tree and drove it mad, spreading its evil to everything around it. The archdruid managed to remove this parasite, and eventually restored the tree to what it once was. Alexstrasza, impressed that the tree could prosper alone without her influence or her kin's, blessed it belatedly. The tree flourishes even more under the gift from the Life-Binder, even if still being unable to return the night elves' immortality.

Can you at least make an attempt at trolling that isn't thwarted within 5 seconds of googling?
10/13/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Margarita
well ur dark lady could have told the alliance leader to evacuate the citizens before burning down the tree so either ur dark lady is stupid or just a person who committed a genocide

the boy king would be all like "no, i can save it" and the run off on his own into enemy territory, and all your launch quests would be about finding him and saving his week butt.

2 raids later the old gods would use the tree to try to destroy azeroth, and we would end up burning it anyway at the cost of more lives.
Then why'd she destroy HER city? To cover up a fart?
10/13/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Margarita

They were likely corrupted as well.
10/13/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Wyspers
lol this guy won't quit

It's getting pretty tiresome at this point.

OP you are late to the party, this was all discussed months ago.
10/13/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Stnicholas
Obvious troll is obvious.

Yeah, Bravado is a troll. Check out his other posts.
Or you can just note that the Burning of Teldrassil secured Horde's sovereignty over the continent of Kalimdor and having an enemy civilization directly north of your borders with very convenient port access to funnel supplies anywhere else around the continent isn't an ideal situation to ensure your factions longevity.

But entertaining lies are more convenient for the narrative, so the forums will continue to run with it.

Sylvanas is totally worse than Hitler and a mustache twirling villain, the internet says so!
Finally someone who has the wisdom to see the Dark Lady's vision!

The Burning of Teldrassil was actually an act of mercy to the world of Azeroth.
10/13/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Isthiak
Finally someone who has the wisdom to see the Dark Lady's vision!

The Burning of Teldrassil was actually an act of mercy to the world of Azeroth.

Dark lady watch over us.
We understand that. We on the Alliance knew she was going to raise more people. We also knew Undercity was going to be too small to hold all the people she was going to raise so we destroyed a lot of Forsaken to make room for the new ones.

But Sylvanas had to blow it up.