BFA is a good expansion

General Discussion
BFA is a good expansion, the Dev's even said so. Some things were handled poorly, which was admitted, but that doesn't mean its still not a big success overall.
That's the point Asmongold raised. The devs are saying the expansion is perfect and "the best so far, by far" but the player base overwhelmingly is saying it is worse than WoD and are unsubbing. It's hard to say who is right but the devs have a conflict of interest here, they are getting paid to make the game. So I tend to err on the side of the player base who says the game is not at all worth playing because they are the ones paying to play the game vs being paid to design the game.

Unbiased Conclusion: The devs only want a paycheck and don't care about the game anymore. The passion has been replaced with dollar signs.
Please tell me how BFA is a good expansion. Of course the Devs are going to say that bfa is good, but the playerbase doesn't feel the same way
Classic was pretty jumbly and lacked good features, but we loved it to death because there were always things to to develop our character and storyline. Hours spent in game were hours invested, not wasted.
10/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Portishead
the player base overwhelmingly is saying it is worse than WoD and are unsubbing.

GD doesn't represent the playerbase.
10/14/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Hellasha
the player base overwhelmingly is saying it is worse than WoD and are unsubbing.

I never said anything about GD?
There are a few people who might disagree
That's the point Asmongold raised. The devs are saying the expansion is perfect and "the best so far, by far" but the player base overwhelmingly is saying it is worse than WoD and are unsubbing. It's hard to say who is right but the devs have a conflict of interest here, they are getting paid to make the game. So I tend to err on the side of the player base who says the game is not at all worth playing because they are the ones paying to play the game vs being paid to design the game.

Unbiased Conclusion: The devs only want a paycheck and don't care about the game anymore. The passion has been replaced with dollar signs.

GD and some onlne forums say so. far from any majority. also the devs never said perfect. infact they have said otherwise
10/14/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Muiria

GD and some onlne forums say so. far from any majority. also the devs never said perfect. infact they have said otherwise

Confirmed false.
I've enjoyed BfA more than a lot of expansions and I've played since Classic.

I wouldn't take GD, Reddit, or most any other online communities as indicative of the overall player-base's opinion.

There is a large population of the game that doesn't visit said sites.

In game I see more players. Not just players due to CRZ but I see more players from my realm which has arguably been dead for a while. This is a good sign.
That's the point Asmongold raised. The devs are saying the expansion is perfect and "the best so far, by far" but the player base overwhelmingly is saying it is worse than WoD and are unsubbing.

This may be true - I have no idea about the hard numbers. However, what do I know is the people I personally know who play the game, and those who are in my guilds, seem to like the new expansion a lot.
10/14/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Tomthehunter
BFA is a good expansion, the Dev's even said so. Some things were handled poorly, which was admitted, but that doesn't mean its still not a big success overall.
According to blizzard "I don't know why people keep parroting that subs are "hemorrhaging" despite having 0 data to back it up. On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening." These are the facts nothing else matters but the facts here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766860?page=18#349.
While I don't hate the expansion, I do really dislike not being able to do anything in the game without it revolving around azerite. It would be different if the stuff was even slightly rare. But no, it is everywhere.

Mr. Quest Giver, how about some gear for saving your people? Nope, all we got is azerite.

Despite that the stuff just came into the game, it has become more common place than anything else.

I couldn't even tell you what level that stupid necklace is on any of my toons because all it does is unlock worthless traits on the few pieces of gear that I have collected.

Having said that, it is not a terrible expansion and certainly not the worst. Nothing will ever be as bad as Cata.
BFA is a good expansion, .

Depends on your class. I've you're a shaman main you probably don't think so.

Also depends on your gaming experience. If you've been playing other top quality AAA titles this gen, you probably wouldn't think so. Even Legion was better and introduced M+. What did BFA introduce? Islands, Warmode, and Warfronts are all flops so far.
1.5/10 on the troll post.
the story and questing carried this expansion hard and had everyone in this great honeymoon stage with the game

then the reality of the game after that started settling in and we're seeing this marriage for what it really is and really is going to be for the future
10/14/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Hellasha
sure but if i ask people in game many of them say the same things, all my friends are quitting and the xpac is still pretty new

Thanks for the update Blizzard employee #107
10/14/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Merephus

I wouldn't take GD, Reddit, or most any other online communities as indicative of the overall player-base's opinion.

[/quote]

That's a large group of people/players among so many different social outlets to completely dismiss lol. I agree that you shouldn't take a few opinionated posts in one community to heart, but what you're talking about is dismissing nearly every social outlet for the game. If multiple communities are saying the same thing across multiple posts then it probably has some basis to it.

/checks calendar

Don't stand in the bad you fools! It's a trap... a bloody trap!