Hunter Traps...

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/14/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Gavinnpz
all these hunters defending trap like they don't know we have a slim to no chance to actually death a trap if the hunter is any good at all. The bad hunters that harpoon -> insta trap, yea no problem we can death that. The hunters that dance around on top of you for 10 seconds, next to impossible to death those.

So you're saying good hunters shouldn't ever be able to trap you? Gotcha
10/14/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Ggthx
10/14/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Gavinnpz
all these hunters defending trap like they don't know we have a slim to no chance to actually death a trap if the hunter is any good at all. The bad hunters that harpoon -> insta trap, yea no problem we can death that. The hunters that dance around on top of you for 10 seconds, next to impossible to death those.

So you're saying good hunters shouldn't ever be able to trap you? Gotcha

Nah definitely not, especially because my favorite comp is jungle. but it would be cool if deathing a trap was skill based instead of a complete coin flip if I click it at the right time
Maybe so, but also you have to remember if a hunter is dancing on top of you for 10 seconds trying to bait death, he isn't really doing good damage to the kill target unless he has eagle which only lasts for a short while.
10/14/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Janilithe
No other CC has the disadvantage of being dodgeable without pillars.

Shadowfury.

Survival is also one of the last surviving specs where misplaying your damage priority during burst will absolutely neuter your kill attempt. They're one of the more complex classes in the game, certainly not "braindead."

[/quote]

But when you get it right, more damage than all the classes in wow put together is experienced.

Survival and DH are the two remaining classes that need some nerfs, since Asssasin and frost mage got tickled, these 2 classes are the last remaining ones. Oh them and fury warriors.
10/14/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Epicflawxd
10/14/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Janilithe

That's why enhance got trucked last hotfixed right?

Get outta here lmfaooooo I'm dying

and Rets still 1 shot
Surv hunters destroy
Feral still bites for 60k
DH kills you in 2 globals
Arms/Fury kills you before you can blink
Assas is still insane
Fire mage is 1shotting
Disc Damage is !@#$ing crazy
I can keep going

and shadow priests are still doing shadow priest things. I have nothing to contribute to this thread, I just wanted to be included.
10/14/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Diago
imagine being a multi glad getting outplayed by simple ice trap you can prem and calling it a bug

hello my old friend, I didn't know you frequented these forums.
how can you complain about hunters when dhs and boomies exist
10/14/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Epicflawxd
I don't know when hunter traps changed or why they changed but, they need to be fixed. and random 1300 hunter can throw a ice trap down and it comes at you like a 90mph fastball and it hits you INSTANTLY. It used to have a delay, so hunters had to scatter and THEN trap or off of a stun. Now hunters can throw the trap while im on my mount running in zigzags and it hits you INSTANLY. There is zero outplay to these traps. Any hunter with at least 4 brain cells will land a trap on the best healers in the game no matter what. I can use premonition to get out of traps, BUUUUUUT guess whats on a GCD. Please fix hunter traps before i lose my mind.

PS: Fix Disc priest Mana, !@#$s trash. and i should not be able to kill healers or anyone in arenas, as a Disc priest. Games trash fix this %^-*.

If you're being out played by a 1300 hunter to the point it brought you to the forums I'm gonna go ahead and say you're bad at this game lmfao.
10/14/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Epicflawxd
im a 3xR1 Disc 4x Glad.

2200 highest. achieved in what looks like was prepatch. Also never seen a "3xR1" cry so much about Hunter Traps.
10/14/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Epicflawxd
all im saying is the animation is way to slow

10/14/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Epicflawxd
and random 1300 hunter can throw a ice trap down and it comes at you like a 90mph fastball and it hits you INSTANTLY.

trap procs waaaaay to fast up close.

Just edit yourself or something. I get what you're trying to say but the contradictions are just funny.

there is no counter play to a hunter sprinting on top of you running in circles not even ccing you and just throws a trap directly at your head on GCD and boom insta trap

There is counterplay, you mentioned it in your OP. Premonition. That's why it's a mind game. There's still a travel time and a visual queue, which is more than you get with Blind, or Old Scatter, Warrior Fear, Para, or Old no-launch trap.

You getting faked out of your premonition doesn't mean hunter trap is broken. It means you need to clench your butt cheeks and try harder.
10/14/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Sky
10/14/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Janilithe
It really is a non issue.

30 second instant cast CC isn't a non issue. Really needs to be on at least a 1.5 second cast time. If RMP wasn't insane, the ladder would be flooded with hunters.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? Lmao especially since jungle is good and considered to be a counter to rogue mage comps?..
10/15/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Carthy
im a 3xR1 Disc 4x Glad.

2200 highest. achieved in what looks like was prepatch. Also never seen a "3xR1" cry so much about Hunter Traps.

Pre patch achieves?... yikes... no longer worth my time that already confirms his austism...
Yes! Clench please. It's so worn out by other hunters I can't enjoy unless you clench...
10/15/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Carthy
im a 3xR1 Disc 4x Glad.

Exposed lmao. Inb4 on my alt account lolz. When a “rank 1” cry’s about a 1300 hunter.

Horrible player located, engaged, deleted.

Git Gud kid
Is this guy actually complaining about trap? A non spammable and easily dodged cc?

They may have slightly increased arm time and such but they removed scatter set up soooo....

Anyways back to spammable cc. Nerf cyclone pls
I think most hunters do prefer old arm time traps with scatter as your set up since it felt more rewarding to land and also was more telegraphed to other people to eat - so on both sides it did feel rewarding.

That being said I feel like only for ranged hunter they'd be able to make it work with the arm time stuff and giving scatter back as the set up CC (not bursting though). The reason I say bursting shouldn't be the one that sets the trap up is because it works as a psuedo stun on the target and traps on stunned targets are simply so much more reliable to land. Scatter disorients around a path so if you don't cover properly it's really easy to eat.

Still, SV is the only hunter spec atm kinda designed to work with the instant trapping mechanic. Don't think you could make it work with arm time traps since it's melee and would never really get scatter. Usually yeah it does come down to a mind game and in the trapping one hunter is usually favored over priests due to their low mobility, whereas they aren't favored vs say MW monks but there are still times you can take advantave of it. Usually what I'll see high priests do is just wait for me to harpoon over then prem and if I didn't trap they'll fear me and at this same moment they'll have their team go for a set up now that I'm covered and can't help stop or they'll swap me out. But alone there isn't much you can do outside of prem>fearing as a punish. You have to coordinate with your team more as the priest in those situations.

But simply just kind of a rock paper scissors thing. As I said low mobility makes it more favored towards the hunter in the mind game since he gets more time to bait, but then high mobility classes you usually just have that one moment making the hunter out of favor. Don't really think it's something you'll get much out of changing tbh.
Trap is one of the rare skill based CC's in the game lol. You actually are complaining about it?
-Hunter needs to rely on teammates to set it up.
-If not they have to get close to you therefore signaling they are going for a trap.
-If a hunter gets close to you then you can force him into bad positioning. Your partners can then take advantage of that or prepare for a go.
-Teammates can eat it for you.
-Teammates can get around you preventing the enemy from using any abilities with AoE

And on and on. Is trap perfect right now? No. Could it be implemented better with scatter and increased arming time? Yes. But of all things to complain about in the game right now this should not be one of them.
Wait a minute... People are complaining about trap?!

When things like Blind exist? I'll take an instant, no aiming required CC, over trap any day.

Like Dillon said. Usually, Hunters can land traps off of Harpoon. That said it's SUPER easy to telegraph, and you can find yourself getting feared, stunned, or ultimately CC'd away from your team using your escapes to re-position only to be swapped on.

My biggest advice for you that helped me learn is play the class. By playing it personally you learn the tricks, and the set-ups. You'll be able to telegraph each class and you'll know when they're setting up a kill or CC. Easy example is a resto Druid. Once you hear that bash you should know that they will be following up with a cyclone. Once a Hunter harpoons, stun him. It will take awareness and your healer being vocal but it's easy to counter. Blind on the other hand not so much. Monk sap not so much. Poly morph in a sense is even harder. Mages will juke kicks using main spells only to set up their poly, and when the poly lands their skills are back up to use. It's a L2P thing man but honestly in your defense I think this expac has ALOT of people re learning how to play the game because of the current state it's in.
So I get using Prem to counter surv when they harpoon>trap. But preming a trap launcher... ya right. It’s instant and prem is on gcd. Not calling for a nerf, just sayin.