New incentive to populate other major cities?

General Discussion
Did somebody say burn down stormwind?

I really do miss ironforge being the hot spot. Dueling outside the bank from behind the pillar, or at the front gates. Good times.
10/16/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Vãrick

I really do miss ironforge being the hot spot. Dueling outside the bank from behind the pillar, or at the front gates. Good times.

I'd love it if SW got leveled.
10/16/2018 01:53 AMPosted by Virus
10/16/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Vãrick

I'd love it if SW got leveled.

If SW got leveled there actually would be people straight out quitting the game. There is a reason people head to SW and Org and trying to force them to go to the other cities, especially, in this manner wouldn't end well for anyone.
You have to create a unique city system that attracts players back to these old city's.

Add world boss attacks on old city's and small invasions that trigger randomly around city's have them themed for a specific expansion, like kultiran attacks on horde capitals or troll attacks on alliance capitols.

Allow city's to be guild controlled for a few days that provide some war mode PVP fun for guilds at war with each other.

Have more achievements tied to all of the major city's that give some type of rewards if completed or buffs

Old city's are a bit drab and low poly beef them up a bit also!
I hope they NEVER level Stormwind. If they do the city gets redone. This way they can sit in their very dated low Rez city, and never get it a real update.
10/15/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Mimicmi
I for one would love to see other major cities be populated more regularly than just Stormwind or Orgrimmar being the main ones. It'd be nice to see a populated Ironforge or even Silvermoon for that matter.

Maybe blizzard could implement something so people can visit it more often?

What do you guys think.

Simple update Silvermoon to current content and add more portals to everywhere and Ill make it my home without a doubt.
Portals & amenities in all the major cities. Then folks can hang out wherever they like best without the addition of more quests.

I used to do all my banking & AH'ing in Darnassus even though it was inconvenient due to liking the quiet ambience. Essentially people could set a hearthstone without penalty wherever & still easily access all major hubs/facilities.
Yeah would be nice to see more people in the abandoned ghost cities. I go to cities when I'm bored waiting on ques sometimes and I can't even remember the last time I saw anything except low level Draenei and blood elves in exodar and silver moon. Thunder bluff and Ironforge I see max lvls sometimes and -before they were destroyed- I rarely saw anyone but again low lvls in Undercity and Darransus. I always loved the capital cities but they don't get much love.
10/16/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Shawkanawe
Portals & amenities in all the major cities. Then folks can hang out wherever they like best without the addition of more quests.

I used to do all my banking & AH'ing in Darnassus even though it was inconvenient due to liking the quiet ambience. Essentially people could set a hearthstone without penalty wherever & still easily access all major hubs/facilities.

My hearth was set to Darnassus too.
:(
Stormwind was a ghost town before it had an auction house now it's the center of everything Alliance.

Multiple auction houses have killed WoW. :p
I for one would love to see other major cities be populated more regularly than just Stormwind or Orgrimmar being the main ones. It'd be nice to see a populated Ironforge or even Silvermoon for that matter.

Maybe blizzard could implement something so people can visit it more often?

What do you guys think.

What would you have Blizzard do .... maybe RNG your hearthstone so you randomly get sent to one of those cities instead of the location you set it for? City population is the result of players choosing where they want to go, what they want to do and where they want to do it. Blizzard can't fix that without taking away your ability to choose. The only thing they could do without affecting player choice would be to put more NPCs in those cities; and that would do what? More interaction that doesn't happen because players don't choose to go to those cities?
1. Flying (in BC cities)

2. Less focus of Expansion requirements in Stormwind and Orgrimmar only.

3. The useful shops and tools in the other cities.

Ta-dah.

Honestly if Silvermoon had flying, I dont have a doubt in my mind that it would be crowded, specifically by Bloodelf players.
How about Auction House specific locations?

Example - One week, Ironforge, Thunderbluff
Second week, Darnashes, Silvermoon

And just goes on a weekly rotation. Would have to add a portal room of some sort too though.

Just an idea.
10/15/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Anzemir
I just wish they'll stop creating new zones so the current ones don't become ghost towns. Why not make expansions in those old zones?

This 100%. I like new zones, but the old ones are... well, old. I feel the quests need to be updated so it doesn't feel weird as a Nightborne or HM tauren serving Garrosh. I'd love to see Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms get a graphical upgrade anyway.
Remove the portals and spread the boat/zep paths out so proximity matters again.

Perhaps add and subtract auction house tax based on current cities population.
It'd be nice to see a populated Ironforge

On my server, Ironforge usually has 30+ players in its auction house and nearest mailbox area, every time I visit.

I log in there (on my crafter Tchalla) about 2 times a day.

So it's a little less populated than 6 years ago, but not too much.
While I wouldnt mind..

I am pretty sure they have specifically stated they want the population to be in either "New Expansion Hub City" or "Faction Capital City" for the most part.

This makes the game feel more "alive". You see one very crowded city, rather than the populations dispersed among all cities.
10/16/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Kirela
10/16/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Shawkanawe

My hearth was set to Darnassus too.
:(

iirc, you actually still can do that if you use the Bronze Dragonflight NPC or whatever it is that gets you access to pre-BfA Darnassus. I still go there sometimes, for the same reasons you mentioned.

But yeah, it's not the same. You know nothing there is ever going to get updated or changed now (not that it would have anyway, since it's not Stormwind), and lorewise, it's basically forgotten.
Would be nice to see the other cities more populated. I'd offer more but besides some personal cynicism anything else I had to say has already been said.