Why the demand for ghost iron bars

Professions
One thing I will never understand is the MOP transmog market. I have heard that some crafted MOP armor actually sells well, but I have no idea which ones, and even then they may take awhile to sell and I am generally not that patient.

Before you say "check the prices to see how they sell" I am also aware that things are often put up for sale for high prices, but people rarely buy them. In the real world high priced items that don't sell get brought down in price because they take up space. But in a game, some people are willing to just list at a ridiculously high price week after week, so the "current market price" is not very helpful if you actually want to sell the damn thing.
11/11/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Zharanya
One thing I will never understand is the MOP transmog market. I have heard that some crafted MOP armor actually sells well, but I have no idea which ones, and even then they may take awhile to sell and I am generally not that patient.

Before you say "check the prices to see how they sell" I am also aware that things are often put up for sale for high prices, but people rarely buy them. In the real world high priced items that don't sell get brought down in price because they take up space. But in a game, some people are willing to just list at a ridiculously high price week after week, so the "current market price" is not very helpful if you actually want to sell the damn thing.

Transmog market is not for everyone, it is a slow market with high margins.
11/11/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Zharanya
Watch the price of Sky Golems though. The price of them (and ghost iron bars) has been falling on my server. Another thing to watch is the price of Spirits of Harmony/Motes of Harmony. A SOH can buy a stack of 20 ghost iron ore, so if the price is low enough relative to ghost iron bars, you can buy SOH, make ghost iron bars and sell for a nice profit. This used to be a good play on my server but not as good any more.

There was recently a massive influx of SOH on many servers due to bots running rampant on the Isle of Thunder farming them. Total supply across the US market doubled within a week or so, and they were getting dumped tens of thousands at a time. Obviously some people stocked up on these while they were cheap, so we will see the market subdued until the influx has been worked through. Blizzard seems to have banned most of the bots so far, but not before they (conservative estimate) farmed enough SOH to the tune of 50m+ gold.