Two Unavailable Race Class Combos That Make Me Say, "Really?"

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
First one - Orc Priest. I get that the Orcs are "Shamanistic", but given that Tauren, Trolls AND Goblins can all be Priests (as well as Druids for the first two), it just strikes me as odd that Orcs can't.

Second one - Dwarf Druids. I understand Blizzard doesn't want to allow this as it would mean Dwarves could be any class except DH. (Not that any self-respecting Dwarf would want to associate with Elves and Illidan anyway) However, since Dwarves are one of the more underplayed races, and given that the "lore" is more tangled than I-5 (Los Angeles), I'm not sure we'd suddenly see Ironforge overrun with race transfers.

Thoughts?
if I'm not mistaken all dwarves were originally iron dwarves who were put under the effects of the curse of flesh. Their origins wouldn't really support being deeply connected to druidic aspects of nature.
10/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Pharsalus
First one - Orc Priest. I get that the Orcs are "Shamanistic", but given that Tauren, Trolls AND Goblins can all be Priests (as well as Druids for the first two), it just strikes me as odd that Orcs can't.

Second one - Dwarf Druids. I understand Blizzard doesn't want to allow this as it would mean Dwarves could be any class except DH. (Not that any self-respecting Dwarf would want to associate with Elves and Illidan anyway) However, since Dwarves are one of the more underplayed races, and given that the "lore" is more tangled than I-5 (Los Angeles), I'm not sure we'd suddenly see Ironforge overrun with race transfers.

Thoughts?

Green orcs are too stupid to find the Light. They still think a full moon is their backsides.

I sometimes cannot believe I am related to these things.
I don't see either of those. Shamanism IS Orc religion. Dwarves live in big stone and iron bunkers and don't really relate to nature beyond digging ore out of the ground, or training bears to hunt. Not a druidy race.
Their justifications for race/class exclusivity have always been weak and arbitrary.

Just like their transmog guidelines are weak and arbitrary.

It's easy to fix, meaningless to the end result of the game, doesn't change game balance, and fun. So there's no chance it'll happen.
10/18/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Haunker
if I'm not mistaken all dwarves were originally iron dwarves who were put under the effects of the curse of flesh.
Yep. Dwarves, Humans, and Gnomes are all cursed Titan creations.
10/18/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Karat
10/18/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Haunker
if I'm not mistaken all dwarves were originally iron dwarves who were put under the effects of the curse of flesh.
Yep. Dwarves, Humans, and Gnomes are all cursed Titan creations.

But humans can be druids, so that is another lore hole.
10/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Pharsalus
Thoughts?

Goblin Monks.

Have the martial skill to be Warriors, the magical skill to be priests, shaman, mages, or warlocks. Enough nature skill to be hunters. But not bare knuckle fighters?

Despite traveling the entire planet buying and selling stuff. Despite being based off of an island thus meaning they would likely have had contact at least with the turtle island pandaren at some point in their history. Despite ~12 years since the Burning Crusade and pandaren monks appearing in Blood Elf and Draenei starter zones being enough time for those guys to learn monkery.

10/18/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Tymberlea
Dwarves live in big stone and iron bunkers and don't really relate to nature beyond digging ore out of the ground,

Dwarfs were originally Earthern. Titan creations literally made of earth and metal. Old God corruption devolved them into beings of flesh with some becoming Troggs instead.

Given that Gnomes, Mogu, and Vyrkul all can and have been cleansed of the Curse of the Flesh in game you could totally do an Earthen themed Dwarf Druid equivalent. Just don't rely on animal forms.

Caster DPS = Flesh Dwarf
Healer DPS = shiny metal dwarf
Feral = Trogg
Guardian = Earthen stone dwarf or Gemstone dwarf
Travel = burrowing through earth like all the worm creatures
Forsaken Pallies
Night Elf Pallies
Both of those don't make much sense, OP.
We have Mag'har Priests anyhow.

Anyway...

Lightforged Monks.
Disregard the "needs to be taught by Pandaren" thing. Look at Mac'Aree!

Draenei Rogues.
Again, they can be more than sinister assassins. Look at Mishka and the Rangari.

Night Elf Paladins
These are already in the game! I thought they would be added already, especially with 8.1's content.
10/18/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Kaizoku
10/18/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Karat
...Yep. Dwarves, Humans, and Gnomes are all cursed Titan creations.

But humans can be druids, so that is another lore hole.

Maybe the Kul'tirans have spent a lot of time getting in touch with nature. It certainly looks that way from drustvar and stormsong valley. Regular humans haven't quite done that though, being more caught up with war than anything else. I'm sure they and dwarves could end up more in touch with nature but as it is now they aren't. So, origins probably only play a small part and what they choose to do after the curse of flesh plays more into it. Either way, it's a lore hole until a storywriter fixes it lol
Just make a Mag'har..
Both of those don't make much sense.

This. If you need a race/class combination that does not exist that is easily justifiable within the confines of their lore, look no further than the Pandaren Warlock.

10/18/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Melithiria
Draenei Rogues.
Again, they can be more than sinister assassins. Look at Mishka and the Rangari.

I'm fairly certain Mishka wasn't a rogue or even rogue-like and the Rangari are basically just hunters.
night elf mohawk

and panda druids
10/18/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Haunker
Maybe the Kul'tirans have spent a lot of time getting in touch with nature. It certainly looks that way from drustvar and stormsong valley. Regular humans haven't quite done that though, being more caught up with war than anything else. I'm sure they and dwarves could end up more in touch with nature but as it is now they aren't. So, origins probably only play a small part and what they choose to do after the curse of flesh plays more into it. Either way, it's a lore hole until a storywriter fixes it lol

Kul'tirans and Worgen (infected humans) can be druids. So it's clearly not impossible for titanspawn to do it.
DH Void elf <3 The edge is real xD

Make it happen blizz, pretty please :D
zandalari dks
panda dks
highmountain paladins
void elfs and paladin

YET they can be HOLY PRIESTS.

another joke from the team..
Race class combos should be way more restrictive than they currently are. Not less. Looking at you, Cataclysm race/class combos. They're basically all dumb and contrary to previously established lore.
Any class that allows Priest and Warrior, but doesn't allow Paladin.

I see how Undead is really just about Shadow Spec, so I can see when it's that reason though.