just queued like a 1000 games

Arenas
edit: accidental double post.
10/19/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Hpaldestrox
and make spriests not basically immortal please

sure, buff shadow form damage reduction, allow shadow form damage reduction to persist through void form, increase damage of void erruption, void bolt, bring back dispersion healing or make dispersion 95% pvp talent baseline. fix the spec overall and then you can nerf edge.

spriest are tanky because of edge of insanity. without it, spriest will flop over and die faster than a affliction lock. have you ever hit an spriest without edge and spriest in void form? the immediate pressure is so fast and deadly that you could force dispersion and other cooldowns from healers within a 5 second window.

the damage done by most of the classes that you see represented on the current ladder is incredibly high. their sustain is great and their burst is even scarier. removing edge or nerfing it will absolutely crush all viability of spriest to ever climb this season.

spriest don't do any significant damage to even be considered a threat. it's their great utility that makes them strong on top of edge, to create winnable conditions for their overpowered/overtuned dps teammate.
10/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Narvik
10/19/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Hpaldestrox
and make spriests not basically immortal please

sure, buff shadow form damage reduction, allow shadow form damage reduction to persist through void form, increase damage of void erruption, void bolt, bring back dispersion healing or make dispersion 95% pvp talent baseline. fix the spec overall and then you can nerf edge.

spriest are tanky because of edge of insanity. without it, spriest will flop over and die faster than a affliction lock. have you ever hit an spriest without edge and spriest in void form? the immediate pressure is so fast and deadly that you could force dispersion and other cooldowns from healers within a 5 second window.

the damage done by most of the classes that you see represented on the current ladder is incredibly high. their sustain is great and their burst is even scarier. removing edge or nerfing it will absolutely crush all viability of spriest to ever climb this season.

spriest don't do any significant damage to even be considered a threat. it's their great utility that makes them strong on top of edge, to create winnable conditions for their overpowered/overtuned dps teammate.

I second this, not only is our damage not on par and burst literally non-existent, it's not really significant/meaningful damage. We're forced to play 3-4 comps that rely on other dps doing the damage while we spam mind control. I personally enjoy the current playstyle of shadow, in fact I love not being trained for the first time in the 8 years I've played the spec, but a complete overhaul would be needed. They started nerfing our survivability mid mop and now we're here.
10/19/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Fadingtwo
10/19/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Amoring
I'm not a great player but honestly boomy lock x or boomy spriest x are both annoying af to deal with as rmx because you can't hard cc boomy outside of blind and boomy's can make your healer eat so much !@#$ in cc alone while spriest / boomy's are both very tanky. probably the hardest comps we lose to outside of just turbo getting off a good burst.

Go the spriest 100% of the time. He'll do no damage at all. I play Owlplay around 2300 mmr and every time they go me I just walk around trying not to die. The big issue for you is being unable to cc the boomie though. Any kind of cleave will win 100% if they hit spriest. Most of our loses are to KFC and Turbo when they decide to go me. I off heal 10x better than my boomie does, so I can just heal him on top of his tankiness.

This is the closest any RMX has come to killing my boomie.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324687193
I feel like I would die a lot easier.

thanks for the tip i'll try focusing spriest next time.
10/19/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Fadingtwo

I second this, not only is our damage not on par and burst literally non-existent, it's not really significant/meaningful damage. We're forced to play 3-4 comps that rely on other dps doing the damage while we spam mind control. I personally enjoy the current playstyle of shadow, in fact I love not being trained for the first time in the 8 years I've played the spec, but a complete overhaul would be needed. They started nerfing our survivability mid mop and now we're here.

i can't watch your video cause it's subscriber only btw
10/19/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Amoring
<span class="truncated">...</span>

i can't watch your video cause it's subscriber only btw

My bad, I'll change that! Sorry!

edit: fixed
I personally enjoy the current playstyle of shadow, in fact I love not being trained for the first time in the 8 years I've played the spec

not being trained is nice but the play style is absolutely terrible. i don't see what's engaging about mind blast when it procs, making sure swp is on target, and mindflay spamming until you need to redot.
spriest don't do any significant damage to even be considered a threat.

If anyone needs a better idea of spriest dmg right now: the Forsaken passive that makes you do dmg often outdpses shadowy apparitions.

Top to bottom, the spec's design is an absolute joke right now.
The issue is that MM Hunters are extinct at the moment. We have nobody that can banish these mages back to the Shadow Realm.
10/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Narvik
I personally enjoy the current playstyle of shadow, in fact I love not being trained for the first time in the 8 years I've played the spec

not being trained is nice but the play style is absolutely terrible. i don't see what's engaging about mind blast when it procs, making sure swp is on target, and mindflay spamming until you need to redot.

I agree it's unengaging. In fact it's horrendously boring. Our APM is 10x higher than most other classes do to redotting imo. It's very high effort, low reward just to do mediocre damage.
My issue is the amount of instant non dr cc they bring. Combine that with something like a panda racial and all of a sudden you go 7-0 XD

I agree with buffing passive tankiness and damage. Would love a nerf to their instant CC's, put at least one more of them on the same talent line. Their utility is also solid but we need more utility classes.
10/19/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Nawat
My issue is the amount of instant non dr cc they bring. Combine that with something like a panda racial and all of a sudden you go 7-0 XD

I agree with buffing passive tankiness and damage. Would love a nerf to their instant CC's, put at least one more of them on the same talent line. Their utility is also solid but we need more utility classes.

Eh, Fear DRs with MC. We don't even take horror in RPS. My entire kit DRs with a boomkins, and I primarily play owlplay. I rather trade my instant cc for a spammable cc tbh.
10/19/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Nawat

The instant cc+panda racial isnt a problem. Panda racial is only good in RPS. Panda will be trash once rogues get more nerfs, IF they do. The issue with RPS is kidney shot every 20 seconds. Both the stun & silence are 45 second cooldowns and the fear is 1 minute. Last Word goes so well with Kidney that you can set up pressure kills every 30 seconds.
10/19/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Narvik
The issue with RPS is kidney shot every 20 seconds. Both the stun & silence are 45 second cooldowns and the fear is 1 minute. Last Word goes so well with Kidney that you can set up pressure kills every 30 seconds.

Let's not forget the combat dropping glitches (not talking about the well-known Soothing Mist combat drop) and getting sapped off a blind that you instantly trinketed :)