My dark iron warlock is now 85...

General Discussion
...and I've yet to get a dungeon or battleground group that contained a male dark iron that didn't have at least one of said male dark iron with "beard" in their name.

Considering I dungeoned from 20-47, quested from 47-59, and then dungeoned/bged from 59-85, that's a LOT of random groups, and I get a male dark iron in less than every group, more than every other group. So like, every 1.5 groups?

Are people really THAT unoriginal with their names? My warlock's name is Mystina, a throwback to one of my favorite playstation characters from the game Valkyrie Profile.

Anyone else notice this quirk in male dark iron toon naming? Have you noticed any others? I've noticed in bgs, a lot of male mag'har warriors have "Gey" or "Gay" in front of their name, then some pun on Garrosh, but I'm not sure if that's meant as a gay joke, or just a pun on Garrosh, so I tend to just leave them be.
Skunkbeard the pirate
Dgafbeard
10/22/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Maizou
...and I've yet to get a dungeon or battleground group that contained a male dark iron that didn't have at least one of said male dark iron with "beard" in their name.

Considering I dungeoned from 20-47, quested from 47-59, and then dungeoned/bged from 59-85, that's a LOT of random groups, and I get a male dark iron in less than every group, more than every other group. So like, every 1.5 groups?

Are people really THAT unoriginal with their names? My warlock's name is Mystina, a throwback to one of my favorite playstation characters from the game Valkyrie Profile.

Anyone else notice this quirk in male dark iron toon naming? Have you noticed any others? I've noticed in bgs, a lot of male mag'har warriors have "Gey" or "Gay" in front of their name, then some pun on Garrosh, but I'm not sure if that's meant as a gay joke, or just a pun on Garrosh, so I tend to just leave them be.

Babe that hat looks good on you
10/22/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Deloot

Babe that hat looks good on you

<3 Noot Noot.
My Darkiron's name is caveman. That's Captain Caveman to you.

Shame its a level locked title and he isn't high enough to use it yet. level wise not height wise that is :P

edit: almost went with firebeard, maybe I should have to keep the trend going.
It's what happens when dealing with a race in which the males consider most paramount in their lives, the grandness of their face fur. Next most important is their blacksmithing skills...so expect to see the words `anvil', `hammer', `forge', and other such in their names as well. Just be glad we aren't seeing players using a hundred different spellings of Thorin or Gimli...
Sorry, hide his face in shame. But I was under a lot of pressure from other gnomes.

Say my name! You're god d*** right!
You should have seen the mmochampion graph comparing names that were created with "zappy" in their name, after the Zappy Boi hooplah.

But yes. Gamers are typically (over all) horrible with original names.
I'm so sorry you did all those dungeons. That sounds horrible.
Thank God I'm origional!
Most of my toon names are my fetishes.
10/22/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Bloodplay
Most of my toon names are my fetishes.

^He's right!
My DI Dwarf is female, If I did make a male DI it would probably be named Connery, Tennant or Rowling.
Greetings from a male DI that doesn't have beard in his name at all /wave
I'm 50/50 on my names. Like this names from a band mythos. But my druids name I think is pretty original
I'll be honest, i'm surprised this name wasn't taken.
It still beats being a void elf with a typical edgy shadow, death, despair or tentacle-esque name. How about another blood elf named after an anime character?

Hell, why not throw in a Tauren with a cow pun or an Orc with a blood and honor skullcrushing Garrosh Hellscream inspired name?

Similar Dwarven names are fairly common in the lore and are still better than the above, but lets be honest all of these are better than names like “Skillbro” and “Leetmachine”.

Urist Cinderbeard, at your service.