Those cant be the only changes

Warlock
woah that CANNOT BE what you came up with for locks. spriests literally just got 300 amazing talents and defensive adjustments when they are CURRENTLY NOT UNPLAYABLE and we got?

- where is the baseline port
- where is the reduction vs magic damage? enhances and DH are gonna stomp us still
- two HP talents? locks are not dying in bursts they are dying to sustained pressure

what am i missing? our pets have 60k hp and destro bolts hit like !@#$ without the 3m cd
spriests literally just got 300 amazing talents and defensive adjustments

What are those literal 300 new things?

If I said someone literally died in my arms, it means they really did die in my arms.
At least from the standpoint of pvp (which I assume is what this thread is about since the opposite is true for the state of spriest and warlock in raiding), it's actually hilarious how warlock is somehow continuing to be ignored so far for 8.1.

Every single other SPEC (not class, spec) that is currently struggling has gotten MAJOR changes in 8.1. DKs and Windwalkers have gotten what basically amounts to a total revamp in pvp. Marks hunters got huge changes directed at their problem areas. Spriests are debatably overpowered on live today but are just kind of badly designed, and they've also now gotten massive changes on the PTR to address that. And yet somehow Warlocks, who are in such an unbelievably bad state not just design wise but balance wise as well that they got a whole response devoted to them in the last Q&A (which was on point too, at least for aff - higher survivability, higher rot/cleave damage, lower single target) have gotten practically nothing at all?

I don't even care how these changes are all going to shake out. Maybe some of the bad classes will still be too weak, maybe some get overbuffed, no one knows. What I do know is that simply the disparity in attention being paid to warlocks as compared to other specs speaks absolute volumes as to what we can expect in the future.
Okay guys, well we have survivability talents and some passives coming. Whether we believe they read our feedback or not, we can see they have finally gotten around to listening to some of it. The question is, whether they will continue to fix the class or call it finished now?

I sincerely hope they adjust UA stacking on Affliction to instead be a shard dump (up to 5 shards in one cast), give Demo felpuppies instant cast baseline so they can grab an extra defensive PvP talent (and improve their PvE feel), and give Destro a spammable low damage instant cast for movement times (or windowed times for casting incinerate while moving). Only other thing we need is Mortal Coil baseline, so we can have Circle from talents, and in PvE Coil is not going to break the game (where Circle sometimes does allow for more than it’s share of boss ability ignoring power).
The developers seem to rarely do what the players ask. I've seen this happen over and over with many different aspects of the game.

So while they can see warlocks are struggling, they won't give them a baseline port because that's what a lot of players have suggested. So they are giving them bonus armor and health instead, because few suggested this.

I don't know if this is stubbornness ("no way am I taking the advice of mere players, we'll create our own unique fix"), fear ("if players are doing a better job at redesigning/fixing classes am I really necessary?"), or what.
We still have yet to see anything for demonology, oh god I have i'm trying to have faith in bliz, ion said they have the same sims, so they should be aware that every single demo azerite trait is bad, and should be ignored for a generic trait.
What I still don't understand is how on earth they decided to launch BfA with warlocks being PvP handicapped. Especially with warmode, this x-pack is the first with so much world PvP action. And you have a big playerbase that only does PvP. What kind of colossal screw up is this?

I wonder if anyone is taking responsibility for those things or they just watch their subscriptions drop and go "oh well...".
I wonder if we'll get that 10% stamina buff along with the 15% stamina and 125% armor spell.
10/24/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Midnighter

I wonder if anyone is taking responsibility for those things or they just watch their subscriptions drop and go "oh well...".

If that's how it goes, it wouldn't be the first time. There have been entire expansions written off as "oh well" while they move on to the next one instead of fixing the current one. And far more often than that, individual classes get the "oh well" treatment for an entire expansion. Honestly, the Azerite system ALONE (with their unbelievable stubbornness when it comes to changing it) is such an unmitigated disaster that it's hard to imagine this expansion being salvageable at all.

This could VERY well be a "better luck next expansion" situation for warlocks, especially in pvp. If these are somehow the only changes and 8.1 drops with warlocks in this state and no mention of it, then after that point it's no one's fault but your own. The ONLY viable option at that point is to unsubscribe and wait for either the final patch of BFA, or the next expansion. Period.
10/24/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Ripflow

If that's how it goes, it wouldn't be the first time.

You 're right. It is the first time though (correct me if I'm wrong) that the playerbase have come up with nicknames for the whole expansion. Beta for azeroth and Blizzard failed again. I don't know but I wouldn't feel too proud if I was working for the company.
I am curious to what their current thought process is on the class. Like are they sitting at their desks thinking:

“yeah dude locks are fine just get good”

or is it

“locks are not fine and we need to do something about it.. we just don’t know what to do” (even though there’s a whole lock forum with REALLY good suggestions that would put the class back to a competitive level)

Because from what I’ve heard none of the devs pvp as locks so they have no idea.. or do they :)))))

I mean, these are just the only reasons I can think of as to why were in this situation. They either are truly blind and can’t see it or they just don’t know what to do.

Because I’m looking at the rate that other classes are receiving changes in the PTR and comparing it to the rate that locks are getting changes and the only thought that comes to mind is “are you even trying?”
10/24/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Midnighter
Especially with warmode

Warlocks are really good at 1v1
10/23/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Strauss
spriests literally just got 300 amazing talents and defensive adjustments

If I said someone literally died in my arms, it means they really did die in my arms. If I said I literally just caught 100 bullets in my mouth, it means I just really caught all those bullets in my mouth.

Why are the most anal people always uncultured swines jfc.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/literally/

Charles Dickens commonly employed the figurative use of the word 'literally'. It's been part of English literature for a long time. Read a !@#$in' book instead of trying to belittle people on the internet over trivial things.
10/23/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Strauss

If I said someone literally died in my arms, it means they really did die in my arms. If I said I literally just caught 100 bullets in my mouth, it means I just really caught all those bullets in my mouth.

Why are the most anal people always uncultured swines jfc.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/literally/

Charles Dickens commonly employed the figurative use of the word 'literally'. It's been part of English literature for a long time. Read a !@#$in' book instead of trying to belittle people on the internet over trivial things.

Nope. I read this before and it's not what language is now.
I miss them old spells.
10/23/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Lumianes
ion said

ion said we dont want you playing demonology. So as long as he's in control demonology will never be viable for anything
What do u expect? The retards who run the lock discord have been saying that locks are in a great spot. If you want changes or buffs just reroll and play something better
The problem as I see it:

1) BFA revamped a lot … people aren't happy with how a lot of specs play. Go to the various forums and everyone is irritated about something.
2) Blizzard came out and said "F you guys." Your going to have to wait for 8.1 for things to get fixed across the board.
3) Since pre-patch a lot of specs have gotten nerfs … no one likes going backwards and given the 120 squish you hit "end game" and feel weaker than you did at 110.

This has all led to a lot of disappointment now the game has been live for a few months and 8.1 is on the horizon. I play a warrior, and if you do any prot you know what it feels like to be broken and forgotten. I bring that at up not as a comparison of pain, but to highlight its not just locks. Outside this class I am personally frustrated that every class I play has either gotten gutted (UH DK) or multiple rounds of the bat (sub rogue). The reason for most of these nerfs seems to be because of pvp, which is non-intuitive since they don't balance for pvp (1v1). The end state is disc priest is okay … and all three lock specs are where they are.