PVP Vendors? Should Blizz bring them back?

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 11 Next
PVP Vendors

Okay so this may seem like an insignificant issue to some, however I am curious if it is just me or would others like to see the return of pvp vendors? Now by the return of them I mean full on grind honor buy gear return. Don't hate on me just yet for creating this thread, here is just some of the reasons why I feel it would be beneficial. First, plain and simple is choice...the ability to pick a piece of gear that you have worked for be it bracers, shoulders or whatever I think there is some benefit to being able to make that choice, versus having to grind for a predetermined piece of gear. Second, it creates the desire at least in my opinion to set goals and a feeling of accomplishment when that goal is reached. Now I know there are all sorts of other areas where we can set goals and meet them... I'm not debating that at all I am simply curious if anyone else would like to see the return of the pvp vendors? Please let me know what you think, I am curious if there will be any kind of support for this train of thought or if it really is the mindless ramblings of an insane person.
10/26/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Tyranith
would others like to see the return of pvp vendors?

b]Yes.[/b]
Rng gear is crazy ATM, it feels like super low drop chance and low chance to even get the right slot.

Even if you get the right slot the stats are going to be off.

Once you get the right slot and stats you can hope for an RNGforge for gem/titan/war or bonus stats.

You never feel you are completing your character because you can always get a better piece of gear and possibly never get an upgrade for a slot you
Need.
Yeah some sort of pvp vendor should be there especially after the fact that blizz is bringing an azerite armour vendor. I beliwve Lore has stated they are looking at it.
Absolutely not, not if it changes the current system where you get the PVP gear in order. Giving people a choice of which piece to get first only helps supplement the PVE folks' gear; it doesn't help PVP folks, who are nearing completion of a full set thanks to the nonrandom nature of the Conquest's Reward quest.

If you want a particular piece, grind through the same amount of Conquest that us PVP people have ground through - say, 3500 to get the helmet, or probably 4000 to get the bracers.

If Blizz is going to change the PVP gear system, they should change it to ensure that all four secondary stats appear on the gear choices you already get when you turn in the Conquest's Reward quest.
10/26/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Yarrow
Absolutely not, not if it changes the current system where you get the PVP gear in order. Giving people a choice of which piece to get first only helps supplement the PVE folks' gear; it doesn't help PVP folks, who are nearing completion of a full set thanks to the nonrandom nature of the Conquest's Reward quest.

If you want a particular piece, grind through the same amount of Conquest that us PVP people have ground through - say, 3500 to get the helmet, or probably 4000 to get the bracers.

If Blizz is going to change the PVP gear system, they should change it to ensure that all four secondary stats appear on the gear choices you already get when you turn in the Conquest's Reward quest.

I can see where you would think it would supplement a pve player I just believe that if I am able to choose what piece I want to go after that the benefit of choice far out weighs the cost of being forced to grind for a piece that I may not need. If I just received a 340 that upgrades to a 350 or 355 via daily quest and that is also the next slot that I am being forced to grind for in pvp I feel that is where my largest issue with current system is. I just think that having more choice instead of being force fed something would not be a bad thing.
Yes they should come back, and they would most likely be at start of season, so everyone would be sitting at level playing field. Vendors should exist for every gearing aspect of the game, minus perhaps end boss raiding gear or any new legendaries. RNG Is pure cancer.
In previous expansions, I was happy to get ilevel upgrades.

BFA somehow made ilevel upgrades turn into downgrades.
  • Poor secondaries? Downgrade.
  • Wrong Azerite traits? Downgrade.
  • Didn't randomly titanforge with a gem slot? Downgrade.

Feels bad man.
10/26/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Forums
In previous expansions, I was happy to get ilevel upgrades.

BFA somehow made ilevel upgrades turn into downgrades.
  • Poor secondaries? Downgrade.
  • Wrong Azerite traits? Downgrade.
  • Didn't randomly titanforge with a gem slot? Downgrade.

Feels bad man.

That + low haste + global cd change makes combat slow.

Then you jump on something like DH and it's still gogogogo gas peddle to the floor.
10/26/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Llamabacon
Yes they should come back, and they would most likely be at start of season, so everyone would be sitting at level playing field. Vendors should exist for every gearing aspect of the game, minus perhaps end boss raiding gear or any new legendaries. RNG Is pure cancer.

I agree that there is level of disappointment that comes along with RNG and not being able to work toward a specific goal with some form of trackable progression, i think that overall just allowing the player base more choice would dramatically improve the experience.

Yea I don’t mind this way. It’s not bad if you just do randoms.
10/26/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Tyranith

I can see where you would think it would supplement a pve player I just believe that if I am able to choose what piece I want to go after that the benefit of choice far out weighs the cost of being forced to grind for a piece that I may not need. If I just received a 340 that upgrades to a 350 or 355 via daily quest and that is also the next slot that I am being forced to grind for in pvp I feel that is where my largest issue with current system is. I just think that having more choice instead of being force fed something would not be a bad thing.

All of the Conquest gear except the chest would be upgrades for you. Just focus on getting your 500 points per week, and ignore the random battleground drops, which are good mostly for expulsom and little else.

if i am a pve lord, i will go straight to regular mythics (and low m+) and then to normal uldir

just sayin

there's nothing wrong with pvp vendors
Yes they should, It felt good feeling accomplished and having full conquest gear and even honor gear, thn i would push rating or just have have fun learning/gearing alts the same way

I know it's similar at the moment with getting the reward weekly but just doesn't feel the same
10/26/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Yarrow
<span class="truncated">...</span>

All of the Conquest gear except the chest would be upgrades for you. Just focus on getting your 500 points per week, and ignore the random battleground drops, which are good mostly for expulsom and little else.

Oh you inspected this toon and are under the impression that I was referring to him... that's not at all what I was doing. I am just speaking in general I think that having choice is important, not only to me but a wide range of the players.

The current system for gearing is absolutely terrible. I don't like the idea of, "getting PvP gear in order." because Blizzard acts as if players can't make their own choices or decisions.

Not to mention, the gear that you get from the conquest cap have some of the worst stats on them. There's no customization factor to it where secondary stats matter the most this expansion. We had a perfect system with PvP Vendors. This is what the current system gets you:

https://i.imgur.com/i7Edd7Y.png

I like to use this picture whenever anyone tries to defend this system, (courtesy of Fox, who allowed me to use it) because in just one image you can clearly see the terrible flaws in this design.

If your only complaint is about, "only helps supplement PvE folks gear" the simple solution would be to give PvP Vendors and PvE Vendors. They're doing something similar with Azerite Gear vendor in 8.1, but as far as I'm aware the Azerite Pieces on the vendor are PvE only.
This isn’t a bad system if you just do Bgs.
10/26/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Jugajr

I for one am not debating that the current system is'nt bad, i just whole heartedly believe that it could be so much better. I feel like we went backwards when pvp vendors were removed. By removing them Blizzard i think unintentionally removed more choice from players. Now maybe i'm way out in left field here but i think that a game like wow should be all about choice and customization not being forced to take a specific path to the final destination. But simply being told heres your choice's now have at it.
10/26/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Jugajr

and hope for the best that the loot next week is an upgrade

otherwise tough luck amirite