BlizzCon 2018 Q&A Submission Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 41 42 43 68 Next
10/26/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Ythisens
On Saturday, November 3 from 3:30 p.m. PDT to 4:30 p.m. PDT on the Main Hall (D) stage at BlizzCon 2018, Lead World of Warcraft developers will answer questions from both attendees and those who submit questions online.
If you have a question you'd like answered at the Q&A, submit it as a reply to this thread.

This thread will close to new submissions at 6:00 p.m. PDT on November 2.

Here are some things to remember when submitting a question:

• It's important to keep your question brief and to the point so that we can get to as many as we can.
  • If you see a question in this thread you would like an answer to, please feel free to "Like" or upvote it.
  • We anticipate there will be a lot of questions. With so many, we won't be able to ask them all, but we'll do the best we can.
  • Please make sure you're asking a question versus making a statement.
  • Thank you!

Not really a question but an observation - if you are picking questions based on number of likes then people might as well not even waste their time once the thread hits page 3 or so because most people aren't going to go through 40 pages to upvote good questions.

The questions with most upvotes almost always end up on page one and they aren't necessarily the question most people are wanting an answer to.
    On my Demonology Warlock, I was really upset when Legion removed almost all of my green fire affected spells, leaving only the wild imp fireballs (which, during Legion were hardly visible anyway because the imps spawned right on top of the target). Can we please get something to show off? Make Demonbolt green or something? The Black Harvest title is great but not exactly visible.
    Are there any plans to make characters more customizable? It seems that the longer the game goes on, players are not able to make characters in their own image, but rather how Blizzard thinks we "should" play our characters. (e.g. talent points, glyphs, reforging, etc.)
    As this game's life cycle goes on, the team seems removing RPG elements and choices in favour of "quality of life" improvements from the game such as being able to be 2H Enhance or 1H dueling fury warrior. Other examples include the old glyph system, the fact that you don't have to learn any riding skill to get a mount, class trainers being useless, old talent system being removed etc. I and many others believe that being bottlenecked into a certain playstyle in what is supposed to be an MMORPG is immersion breaking.

What are the team's views when it comes to what some would call "dumbing down the game"?
    Why is the team so reluctant to reintroduce badge currencies into the game? They served as motivation to do daily dungeons to either work toward valour gear or justice gear for transmog, or convert them into honour / conquest badges to make it easier to get into pvp. RNG makes gearing up mind-numbingly boring and as such should only be limited to raid/dungeon drops, not the ENTIRE gearing process.
    How do y'all feel about the class design feedback for BfA? With all the effort put in to strip down classes and playstyles is this your stance going forward? Why is design so bad now vs when y'all had 12 million subs? Business 101.

8+ years and for the first time at the start of an xpac I just want nothing to do with the game anymore. All I hope is you take BfA feedback and apply it for once and not give us another expansion that feels like a beta test on live.
    Silver covenant is unacceptable for high elves...but making up some small group of void elves out of then air justifies a new race?
    Do you have any plans on fixing Ret Paladins? We currently have no cleave, our builders are weak, and our rotation is slow.
    What happened to Artifact appearances being account-wide?
    Will you be adding an Expulsom, Sanguicell and/or Hydrocore trade vendor similar to the Blood of Sargeras trader in Legion? Certain Professions are not benefiting at all from these materials.
    Will we see Gilnean heritage armour before we see an updated Worgen model?
    Is WoW Classic going to have a separate subscription fee, or is it included in the main game?
    10/30/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Dopogram
    What happened to Artifact appearances being account-wide?

What happened to not asking questions that have already been answered?
    Regarding weapon transmogs, are there plans to have paired Artifact appearances (main hand + off hand) seperable for more flexibility? (E.g, a prot warrior only using the appearance of scale of the earth warder shield paired with a DIFFERENT non - artifact weapon)?
    Ogres playable when? its about time already no April's fool joke this time
    Why weren't the playerbase’s collective opinions on the GCD changes valued more than they were? You recognized it wasn’t going to be liked before you did it and true enough it wasn’t well received. Most would argue that that is a bad change.
    Any plans to counter the current faction imbalance ? Free transfers, incentives ?
    How likely are your communication techniques with players to be revised and improved in the future? With the negative feedback on this expansion a lot have questioned the development team’s capability to understand player perspectives. What is being done to improve this?
    Now that Microsoft has enabled keyboard and mouse support for the Xbox One would you consider porting WoW to the Xbox? To further the question it would be nice to see all Blizzard games make that jump, there are days I really want to play but would rather be on the couch.
    Regarding transmog:
    1. I'm sick of capes. Can you include a backpack - like the parachute bag in Warfront - as a back transmog? That bag looks awesome!
    2. Why does the sickle in WoD garrison is a mace category transmog? Isn't it used for CUTTING? Not smashing.