Worst Films You Saw?

Movies, TV and Entertainment
1 2 3 7 Next
What are the worst films you've ever saw? Films so bad they should be purged by fire.

For me:

Gone Girl (longest boring film ever, enjoyed Affleck more as bat man.. sad)
The Surface (Sean Astin on a boat for 2 hours)
AVP Requiem(so terrible)
THE. LAST. JEDI.
being john malkovich
10/28/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Enchi
THE. LAST. JEDI.

Seconded
Sssssss. Terrible movie.
I don't watch a lot of movies anymore, but a friend took me and my husband to see Baby Driver.

Hated it.
10/28/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Autai
I don't watch a lot of movies anymore, but a friend took me and my husband to see Baby Driver.

Hated it.

What a shame! I liked Baby Driver. A couple of the actors were kinda blah (looking at you, Jamie Foxx), but I thought the execution was great.

I'm gonna nominate M. Night Shyamalan's Avatar: The Last Airbender. Absolutely nothing redeeming about the film, especially if you've watched the cartoon.
The Warcraft movie
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. That was the last time I ever went to a movie theater.
This is very much a "your mileage may vary" sort of topic, but ... Gravity.

One of the unfortunate side-effects of an aerospace engineering education is that you'll be in an otherwise skillfully and beautifully made movie with your head in your hands, muttering, "That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works..."
10/28/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Ataxerxes
This is very much a "your mileage may vary" sort of topic, but ... Gravity.

One of the unfortunate side-effects of an aerospace engineering education is that you'll be in an otherwise skillfully and beautifully made movie with your head in your hands, muttering, "That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works..."

Seconded, I'm not an ME but I do work in aerospace and I remember sitting there like ".....no."
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I've seen bad movies, but never have I seen a movie so bad that I felt insulted that it was written. This movie was so dumb, so contrived, and so riddled with plot holes that it felt like a genuine insult to the intelligence of the human race that it was even approved for distribution.

It's the only movie I've ever been so disgusted by that I actually went and demanded my money back, then wrote a letter to the studio just to express how bad the film was, while including my ticket stub and proof of my refunded cash for the ticket.
If we're talking the worst I ever actually sat through in a theater setting...then hands down, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

P.S. I have been a Star Wars fan since July 1977, and I liked The Last Jedi.
Pacific Rim.
Blair Witch was gawd awful
The Annihilators (1985). A group of Vietnam vets get together to clean up the gangs of Atlanta (all white gangs). They refer to themselves as the "best of the best of the best" and the first shot of Atlanta it says PRESENT DAY.

Classic
The Ghostbusters remake was bleh
10/28/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Crookedmán
What are the worst films you've ever saw? Films so bad they should be purged by fire.

For me:

Gone Girl (longest boring film ever, enjoyed Affleck more as bat man.. sad)
The Surface (Sean Astin on a boat for 2 hours)
AVP Requiem(so terrible)

Every movie Affleck has ever been in would be the start of my "worst of the worst" list.
Worst actor on this planet only possibly equaled by Natalie Portman who destroyed Star Wars I-III all by herself, along with Thor, which I can barely stomach to watch because of her pitiful, labored attempt at 'acting'.

Movies themselves dont generally get a bad rating from me. Its the actors, editors and directors who hack and slash it together that do.

There is a movie my wife watches from time to time that is about the settlers and native americans that is good as far as movie value. But the editors seriously must have been smoking crack when they hot glued it all together.
It has some seriously good acting and the director did a great job capturing each scene, but you can barely keep up with the story because its like someone tossed all the scenes into a bucket and pulled them out randomly and put them together with Elmers glue stik.
Battlefield Earth, probably Plan 9 from Outer Space.
10/28/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Enchi
THE. LAST. JEDI.

Yeah, that was horrible.

Also, BVS was bad too. And the follow-up.

I'm sure there are others I've seen that are terrible, but those come to mind because I've seen them more recently.