The BFA Reddit

General Discussion
Did anyone else notice the lack of critical posts about bfa in the wow reddit for the past week?

I know they said they would start silencing hate posts but most of the critical posts that made it to the front as far of the wow reddit as I have seen have been very tame, and constructive. posting what they see as a problem and a proposed solution rather than the "BFA Bad" stuff you see here in general, and some of these posts are usually well recieved, even if I don't agree with some of them.

Front page used to be filled with these, and as of now there is only one post at the front about Allied races, it could be my tinfoil hat but did people just stop?

Most of the posts I see now are just jokes, cosplay, and art. Rather than discussing Gameplay changes.
10/29/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Marsol
it could be my tinfoil hat but did people just stop?

Nah, just have patience ppl go to sleep you know :)
Maybe they stopped because it was clear those posts weren't accomplishing anything? I mean, I have to assume at this point pretty much everything people want to say about BfA has been said. So maybe the people posting them (or, this being Reddit, the people upvoting them) got bored with making/seeing the same posts all the time to no effect.

Or they were all rooting for the Dodgers this past week, they seem like that kind of people.
What's needed to be said has been said for the most part. At this point, it's another wait and see for both BlizzCon and 8.1.
Did anyone else notice the lack of critical posts about bfa in the wow reddit for the past week?

If enough people create post of their artwork or drawings the game will just magically get better
Its quite here to, relative to what it was like when the xpac launched. People have said all they want to say.

Most of the complaints that pop up these days I dont even bother clicking on, they are just spam on whats already been raised previously. Some of them are also years old, Hi LFR must die folks.
10/29/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Symbioserous
Its quite here to, relative to what it was like when the xpac launched. People have said all they want to say.

That and many people have probably already left the game plus the damage control from Blizzard.
The WoW Reddit is now so heavily censored that it's back to the insipid parade of wow themed wedding accessories and pointless memes.

It was a nice few weeks where actual talk about the game occurred, but the mods have shut that down now.

I know they said they would start silencing hate posts but most of the critical posts that made it to the front as far of the wow reddit as I have seen have been very tame, and constructive. posting what they see as a problem and a proposed solution rather than the "BFA Bad" stuff you see here in general, and some of these posts are usually well recieved, even if I don't agree with some of them.

Front page used to be filled with these, and as of now there is only one post at the front about Allied races, it could be my tinfoil hat but did people just stop?

Most of the posts I see now are just jokes, cosplay, and art. Rather than discussing Gameplay changes.

They have a bot now that deletes any post without flair within 5 minutes, which if you look at the bot they're using to do it it's deleting a LOT of posts; and yes basically ANY topic that has been brought up before will get deleted as it is 'reposting'. They only seem to enforce this on negative posts however.

They do not like the negativity and have said so themselves, and they will ban you for 3 days+ for calling someone an idjit on first offense. Their mods have said far worse to people but of course they don't action themselves, they're above the rules. They even admitted to perm banning people for being 'negative' in their ban appeals, so there you go.
I miss the non-stop !@#$%^-*!@ of vitriol and hatred. Can we start a thread about how Azerite has ruined our lives and why Pathfinder is causing a rise in homelessness? These are important subjects that literally nobody is talking about.
They are not forever salty and overactive like GD.
The number two minus three tenths is also a flag for deletion
People still use Reddit?
10/29/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Crowlay
I miss the non-stop !@#$%^-*!@ of vitriol and hatred. Can we start a thread about how Azerite has ruined our lives and why Pathfinder is causing a rise in homelessness? These are important subjects that literally nobody is talking about.

A lot of people put their money where their complaints were and actually left. Unsurprisingly people actually quit a game that tens of millions of players have quit over the years. The difference between other post-expansion slumps is how much bad will was generated before the cyst popped. That's definitely going to impact people's willingness to return.
What you're seeing is people controlling the narrative. It's just really obvious on reddit because the people who do it generally don't have two brain cells to rub together, which is why they team up with others so they can all rub their brain cell as a group.
10/29/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Symbioserous

Most of the complaints that pop up these days I dont even bother clicking on, they are just spam on whats already been raised previously. Some of them are also years old, Hi LFR must die folks.

Most of the people who bother saying why they dislike BfA have quit. Even me.
I knew the second I read their post about deleting posts they thought were over the top that what they really meant was they were not going to allow anymore posts that complained to any degree about BfA.

So pretty much, unless you want to praise BfA, WoW and Ion as the brightest shiny starts in the sky, don't bother posting in there.
10/29/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Moirena
10/29/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Crowlay

A lot of people put their money where their complaints were and actually left. Unsurprisingly people actually quit a game that tens of millions of players have quit over the years. The difference between other post-expansion slumps is how much bad will was generated before the cyst popped. That's definitely going to impact people's willingness to return.
Hopefully we can keep the 'BfA sucks' meme going long enough to actually kill off the game. Then no one will be forced to play this dumpster fire or the coming dumpster fires. We need to keep the hatefest going if we're going to teach the devs a lesson by ruining the community with toxicity.
If only these forums would start deleting the whiny BfA sux threads.
10/29/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Dormie
If only these forums would start deleting the whiny BfA sux threads.

I'd prefer they delete the posts like this that whine about people discussing the game. At least discussing the game and why x and y are bad game-concepts have a use, complaining that too many people are complaining about the game literally serves zero purpose.