Baine Bloodhoof is giving parts of his body to Anduin.

General Discussion
it is a little weird

but not as weird as the assumption

that characters in a story cannot be friends

without also being romantically involved
10/30/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Farora
10/30/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Felsavior
Wait so it's not normal to send the person you have a crush on your fingernails and toe nails? How the heck do you flirt than?!?

I think you send them your ear? That's what Van Gogh did, although I don't think it worked out for him very well, maybe elf ears would be more effective since they're bigger?

Well according to every woman I've talked to an inch or two makes a huge difference. Might be worth trying.
Man, I wish Horde leaders wouldn't be so friendly with the Alliance.
Don't kinkshame baine
WTF is wrong with the Horde...

Menard, send me one of your ears.
Why read into it as perverse?

Its a memento of friendship. Baine was straight up threatened by sylvie point blank. The factions are in open war. Baine still considers anduin a friend and hopes for peace.

They are both young leaders who lost parents they can empathise. The book says exactly what it is.

Its perfectly normal for two heterosexual males to have close male friends that are just friends.

Stop trying to tokinize characters to push an agenda. Anduin has in the lore been pretty clearly straight.

Plus this is a medieval fantasy society. For the sake of his kingdoms survival he must marry and have snu snu a human noble women and have hiers.

He addresses this himself with gen.

If we want good characters that happen to be something out of the norm make new characters first.
10/30/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Averyx
WTF is wrong with the Horde...

A lot.
10/30/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Kakurine

Because it’s fun.
10/30/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Kakurine

Its a memento of friendship. Baine was straight up threatened by sylvie point blank. The factions are in open war. Baine still considers anduin and hopes for peace.

They are both young leaders who lost parents they can empathise. The book says exactly what it is.

Its perfectly normal for two heterosexual males to have close male friends that are just friends.

Stop trying to tokinize characters to push an agenda. Anduin has in the lore been pretty clearly straight.

Plus this is a medieval fantasy society. For the sake of his kingdoms survival he must marry and snu snu a human noble women and have hiers.

He addresses this himself with gen.

If we want good characters that happen to be something out of the norm make new characters first.

I wasn’t trying to be like that. I originally thought of the artist who sent his ear. But then I wasn’t sure if it was normal for Tauren to give parts of their horns or not.
Look, I make my living planning for and participating in war. So anything that helps nudge the Humans and Tauren towards the negotiating table is fine with me.

As an aside, I seem to remember locks of hair (from either gender) used as "forget me nots" and tokens of endearment in literature.

Read 'Gift of the Magi' by O. Henry
We dont get a giant text of all the species cultures in the game. All the good and bad its just not talked about.

We can infer some things here and there. But jumping to conclusions is a bit hasty.

What we do know is that interspecies relations and half breed children are generally taboo in the wow universe.

But as with any universe fictional or real there is a unspoken and unseen dark/griddy side.

The game wont go out of its way to put character romances at center stage. Its not the stories main focus.
10/30/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Shado
Well my mind just went to deliciously terrible places.

I'm sure he gave Anduin the tip. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The forums just got needlessly steamier
It's good that someone on the Alliance likes Baine because nobody on the Horde does. Also mailing body parts is illegal and gross.
As a HM Tauren, I want to say its a token of trust. Allowing an enemy to hold a piece of you open you up to all kinds of evil magic.

It was a lovely gesture of peace.

I'd follow Baine over Sylvanas or Lothremar any day
Doesn't it like literally say in the next paragraph or next part with Anduin that its a supposed to be symbolic of their friendship?
Their friendship? This could possibly be Blizzard's way of introducing a major homosexual storyline in to the game. Baine and Anduin as a couple.
10/30/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Lunafreÿa
BainexAnduin... first LGBT
Such a gross pairing, lol.
10/30/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Bourdeau
Doesn't it like literally say in the next paragraph or next part with Anduin that its a supposed to be symbolic of their friendship?

Yeah but do you give parts of you to your friends?

It's weird.
10/30/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Menard
Yeah but do you give parts of you to your friends?

It's weird.

It's evidently what the Horde does. Now you must abide by their rules.
12 year old mentality.
We don't know their ''imaginary'' customs... either we expect a horde to be threatening or something along those lines or to be all edgy.

But there is respect and honor between some of the horde and Anduin.

What OP and from some replies were things said that I'd expect from teenagers to be honest.

Unfortunately everyone is calling Baine now a wuss after recent events and I just think he is more true to the Horde then Sylvanas is. People just like to live out that ''f' em, alliance die'' attitude. It's why the ''honor'' word is pushed and the idea of honor amongst the horde because it's the core belief to those who are true to the horde to draw the line.
I give alliance pieces of my body all the time.