Terror of Darkshore; Night Elves UNITE!

General Discussion
Who else saw this cinematic and and felt proud to be a night elf?

I am so excited Blizzard is finally giving our race back their spines and that Tyrande and Malfurian are active as they should and put Anduin back in his place to protect their territory! They are also using the forests guerrilla style like the times of old; I always found it strange how they lost in their own forest when they are the master of it!

I'M JUST SOO EXCITED TO SEE THIS!!!! WHO ELSE IS????
Hate to break it to you. But the cinematic just leads to Nathanos soling both Tyrande and Malfurion with the aide of a Valkyr. Then taking two Alliance heroes to join the horde side and go kill their former people.

But hey....Have fun. Just don't turn on Warmode cause you'll be dead in two seconds.
Hell yeah, man. It's exactly the kind of thing I've wanted to see from the night elves for years. Hell I distinctly remember making a forum post a few years back called Night Elves Aren't Cool Anymore, or something like that. They were by far my favourite race in WC3 when they were portrayed as being big and savage. I want that to come across in WoW. I'm just crossing my fingers that they maybe give us some new customisation options to look a bit more badass.
I felt like we were shown to be badass once again. Also, those new black eyes, man those look cool.
11/03/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Matildâ
Hate to break it to you. But the cinematic just leads to Nathanos soling both Tyrande and Malfurion with the aide of a Valkyr. Then taking two Alliance heroes to join the horde side and go kill their former people.

But hey....Have fun. Just don't turn on Warmode cause you'll be dead in two seconds.

This takes place after that.
I've been playing since 2011 and have not seen the NE's in battle so this is fun for me.
Something I've wanted to see for a long time. Also if there's options to dim their headlamp eyes, I might race change one of my alli toons back.

Hey why don't you go make an allied race DK ....oh wait ...nvm
11/03/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Mergo

This takes place after that.

Want to bet on that?
I posted this in the first thread, I'll repost it here;

I'm a Night Elf.

I want something to fire me up. To really get me into the story ( as !@#$ty as it is ). Something to cheer.

Annnndddd….

I'm getting a cinematic where the most powerful mortal druid in the world kills 4 trash mobs.

And his wife who's become the Avatar of a GODDESS looks towards the dead guy with a bow who's going to beat both of them before desecrating the corpses of their dead.

Sad thing is, most of the Alliance posting in this thread are so used to Blizz taking a dump on us, they actually think it's awesome.
I'm sorry OP, I'm glad you're hyped for this, but it seems the downer squad that shares faction with you had to show up stop you on your tracks.

People will rather overlook the fact that Nathanos will barely make it out alive while losing an important tool for the Forsaken after a cinematic that makes Malfurion like a total BA in oder to be miserable.

I truly hope you don't let these people get to you and maintain your enthusiasm, OP.
I was honestly expecting Tyrande and Malfurion to be fridged in the Stormwind war room all of BFA, so I'm pleasantly surprised too. I was so annoyed after the prepatch events to see them chilling there on my Alliance characters.
11/03/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Shaelandrys
I posted this in the first thread, I'll repost it here;

I'm a Night Elf.

I want something to fire me up. To really get me into the story ( as !@#$ty as it is ). Something to cheer.

Annnndddd….

I'm getting a cinematic where the most powerful mortal druid in the world kills 4 trash mobs.

And his wife who's become the Avatar of a GODDESS looks towards the dead guy with a bow who's going to beat both of them before desecrating the corpses of their dead.

Sad thing is, most of the Alliance posting in this thread are so used to Blizz taking a dump on us, they actually think it's awesome.

Well, they let it happen to Cordana so to me it looks like they're just reusing the same old trick and upping it by 1 to give the roadkill queen and the horde access to night elves which is actually scary depending on how far they decide to go with it... someone mentioned a rumor about them resurrecting many night elves as zombies.

I'm torn. It's the first time in a long time we have seen ANYTHING from these two to even suggest they can do... well... anything. It was cool in a way (yes the common soldiers kind of took the shine off of it), but in the end it's all moot considering the other events we have heard about with bow boy and the night elves turned into zombies.

It's just nice to see malfurion and Tyrande actually fighting for once and not getting walked all over or playing hide and seek or just running around even if it's just for a few minutes. Too bad it couldn't have been like the Lost Honor video with the detailed graphics.
For those who think that Tyrande and Malf are weak or will be ineffective due to bad writing because Tyrande killed a Valkyr instead of Nathanos, what makes you think she wasn't aiming for that Valkyr?

Sylv only has so many, after all. Once she loses them all, she'll die and stay dead. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this and won't think it's stupid unless and until I see that it's stupid.

Have a g'night.
11/03/2018 03:19 AMPosted by Midare

People will rather overlook the fact that Nathanos will barely make it out alive while losing an important tool for the Forsaken

Yeah again, an Avatar and the most powerful mortal druid in existence...and a Fing hunter survives. And the night elves who die, get raised and are his BFFs.

One Val'kyr…..apparently = to thousands of night elves ( women and children included ) being burned alive, the loss of our homeland, and our dead being desecrated as a cherry on top.

after a cinematic that makes Malfurion like a total BA in oder to be miserable.

Because he killed four no name trash mobs guarding a food cart?

I bet you're fun at parties.

Lol hate to break it to you, but according to the data mining, Tyrande solos Nathanos as the Night Warrior and forces him to sacrifice a valk.

11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Dertbag

Que the "Along comes Debbie Downer" song from SNL
...Should've torched the entire forest.
11/03/2018 03:34 AMPosted by Shaelandrys

after a cinematic that makes Malfurion like a total BA in oder to be miserable.

If you read Good War novellas, its how he fight, he avoid fighting the strong people like Sylvanas and Nathanos and went to kill the soldier instead.

I think its smart, you dont pick a fight with someone you know you cant win, take out their troops and let your troops overwhelm the generals.
Yeah again, an Avatar and the most powerful mortal druid in existence...and a Fing hunter survives. And the night elves who die, get raised and are his BFFs.
I get it, you guys are not used to seeing your heroes offed and when it does happen (once) they go out in a bombastic blaze of glory. But you see, Horde really doesn't have that many important names unlike you guys, so yes, the fact that Nathanos barely makes it (Assuming he makes it because apparently he will end up mortally wounded), it's a bone they're tossing to us.

So, sorry we manage to get some scraps?

One Val'kyr…..apparently = to thousands of night elves ( women and children included ) being burned alive, the loss of our homeland, and our dead being desecrated as a cherry on top.
Ah yeah, only the one thing keeping Forsaken from going extinct. Losing a Val'kyr is no biggie...

11/03/2018 03:34 AMPosted by Shaelandrys
Again, I get it that you are not used to it, but we really have not that many heros left. And the point came across quite well regardless, he had mercy on a troll that is now so terrified he's literally praying for Bwomsandi not to take him

But... never good enough.

Lol hate to break it to you, but according to the data mining, Tyrande solos Nathanos as the Night Warrior and forces him to sacrifice a valk.
I'm so cheering for you OP. Truly, don't let these people get to you. Embrace that hype, wrap it in a blanket and hold it tightly, because these people will do anything to rip it to shreds.
11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Dertbag

So says Dertbag. LOL!