Terror of Darkshore; Night Elves UNITE!

General Discussion

Lol hate to break it to you, but according to the data mining, Tyrande solos Nathanos as the Night Warrior and forces him to sacrifice a valk.

You do realize that this was a change that was put in after PTR player backlash from him basically beating the !@#$ out of Mal and Tyrande, right???
Let's see how it actually plays out in game. From WoD on, Blizzard has a track record of absolutely stunning cinematics with poor in-game follow through on the hype.
I'm more proud its not about humans for once and Blizzard remembered Alliance have other races.
I think people are confused as to what I am hyped about.

Regardless who wins or loses, I am just happy night elves get to be seen as they should, not just as leaf eating hippies with a leader that walks around in a cocktail dress and cries after her strangely noobish husband due to neglectful writing.

They are savage
They are brutal
They are notoriously elite fighters
They are the terror of the night
They are the warriors of the forest

They are night elves
11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Greenmagexx
11/03/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Matildâ
Hate to break it to you. But the cinematic just leads to Nathanos soling both Tyrande and Malfurion with the aide of a Valkyr. Then taking two Alliance heroes to join the horde side and go kill their former people.

But hey....Have fun. Just don't turn on Warmode cause you'll be dead in two seconds.

Lol hate to break it to you, but according to the data mining, Tyrande solos Nathanos as the Night Warrior and forces him to sacrifice a valk.

11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Dertbag

I bet you're fun at parties.

Que the "Along comes Debbie Downer" song from SNL

“Data mining”.

Try actually playing the PTS. He mind controls her and laughs at her. She has to be rescued by Malfurion, and after Nathanos is done resurrecting our dead, who immediately swear fealty to the lich queen, he literally strolls to a bar and leaves while they look on and do nothing.
11/03/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Matildâ
11/03/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Mergo

This takes place after that.

Want to bet on that?
I will take that bet, because after you finish the quest line a cinematic is suppose to play, but it isn't in yet
Malfurion was truly terrifying in that video. He has like 20 different ways of killing them, even without magic. I'm hoping that, as a Horde player, I truly feel scared to be walking around Night Elf territory. Like finding corpses of people who fell victim to ambushes, with their bodies mangled with claw marks and their throats choked by living roots & thorns.
OP, I'm glad your hyped. I'm hyped too. Seeing Malf and Tyrande together and actually looking like BAMFS is what I live for, tbh. Major step up from what they've been portrayed as previously.

11/03/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Blasco
Malfurion was truly terrifying in that video. He has like 20 different ways of killing them, even without magic. I'm hoping that, as a Horde player, I truly feel scared to be walking around Night Elf territory. Like finding corpses of people who fell victim to ambushes, with their bodies mangled with claw marks and their throats choked by living roots & thorns.

Oh man, as a Night Elf fan I would love to see this around Darkshore for some flavor. +1
11/03/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Blasco
malfurion scares me
Definitely hyped after seeing the Terror of Darkshore video.Glad to see a little savage return to the Night Elves.Nice job Blizzard.

For the Kaldorei!!

Terror of Darkshore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKS0Jq9U_E
11/03/2018 04:43 AMPosted by Tyriellais
11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Greenmagexx

Que the "Along comes Debbie Downer" song from SNL

“Data mining”.

Try actually playing the PTS. He mind controls her and laughs at her. She has to be rescued by Malfurion, and after Nathanos is done resurrecting our dead, who immediately swear fealty to the lich queen, he literally strolls to a bar and leaves while they look on and do nothing.

Ok, that actually pisses me off, Blizzard are not only belittling the strength of the night elves in their own home ground to some zombie ranger, they are belittling the power of a deadly ritual of Elune (like they did with ol' king Rastakan's deal with Bwonsambi) to some zombie ranger.

Regardless, I am still happy to see Night Elf spine. Hopefully they stick with that for the rest of WoW this time...
Around 2:11 in the cinematic I started to get chills and am SO excited to see the elves get vicious on the horde.
I’m all for more night elfs to kill, and let’s be honest you guys only need one leader it’s time one of them dies.
11/03/2018 03:19 AMPosted by Midare
People will rather overlook the fact that Nathanos will barely make it out alive while losing an important tool for the Forsaken after a cinematic that makes Malfurion like a total BA in oder to be miserable.

Mind you, these are the same Valk'yr that are killed by level 30 Alliance nobodies in Andorhal. Back in Cata.

So killing one now is hardly a victory. Or even a challenge.
11/03/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Matildâ
Hate to break it to you. But the cinematic just leads to Nathanos soling both Tyrande and Malfurion with the aide of a Valkyr. Then taking two Alliance heroes to join the horde side and go kill their former people.

They actually reworked that fight. He is now mortally wounded in the fight, while being empowered by the two Valkyr. One of them still dies and the grab his body and flee the engagement. Same result but instead it is more of a victory for the NEs then before. How quickly the newly risen NEs turn upon their people is a bit surprising but I am sure Blizzard has an explanation down the road for that (like she is selectively enslaving some forces she brings back).
11/03/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Matildâ
11/03/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Mergo

This takes place after that.

Want to bet on that?

Sure, the fact she is the night warrior in this proves it anyway.