California Should Learn a Lesson from WoW

General Discussion
California has been attempting to get some bullet train thing going for a while. The cost so far is astronomical, with delays and cost overruns galore. California should look at the WoW model when it comes to trains or any kind of rail system.

Consider Deeprun Tram. This was at a huge expense to the Alliance, and it does create a convenient connection between their two most popular cities. Yet, hardly anybody uses it, and it is infested with rats on the Ironforge side.

People would rather fly between the two cities, either by their own mount or by the flight master services.

Consider the Ulduar Tram. Unlike Deeprun, it was financed and managed privately, so the cost wasn't as high as if some municipality managed and paid for it. It is nicer than Deeprun, and it's also safer.

This California Bullet Train is going to end up just like Deeprun Tram. Unsafe, neglected, and hardly used. California should heed this example and cut their losses before it's too late.
Also, WoW can learn a lesson from California and let all the NPCs just crap on the sidewalks of Stormwind.
I'm not from Cali so I really dont know the transit situation, but I'm wondering if they have any "train" or subway at all?
I know its been a great addition to my hometown. They installed a transit rail back in the '80's and its expanded to include most far reaching communities and I cant imaging the traffic problems if it wasn't there today.
11/04/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Khëmical
I'm not from Cali so I really dont know the transit situation, but I'm wondering if they have any "train" or subway at all?
I know its been a great addition to my hometown. They installed a transit rail back in the '80's and its expanded to include most far reaching communities and I cant imaging the traffic problems if it wasn't there today.

The Bay Area has BART, CalTrain, and Light Rail. I don't know about SoCal. There's also AMTRAK.
California needs to just go away like Wildstar….
They should have a train system like here in Japan.
California is getting ready for the big one. They are having problems with a geyser at that stench dead fish lake going out towards Hollywood famous valley what is that place Salton Sea found the fault straight down the middle. Whee I am kinda safe out here in the Sacramento Valley.

Ocean front property might be a reality for Nevada and Arizona. Now that's ok family cabin built in 1922 Mt Lemmon outside of Tucson, at least I have a place to go.
11/04/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Therothe
Also, WoW can learn a lesson from California and let all the NPCs just crap on the sidewalks of Stormwind.

If you wanted to make that comparison, I would say its more like Stormwind paid to shuttle all the NPC's to Ironforge to crap on the sidewalks there.
11/04/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Nekrosh
11/04/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Therothe

If you wanted to make that comparison, I would say its more like Stormwind paid to shuttle all the NPC's to Ironforge to crap on the sidewalks there.

Well now you're talking about Oregon. In which case, we should have a bunch of masked Defias people blocking the streets of Ironforge and screaming at everyone about Dwarven Privilege.
They could also elect competent politicians.

lol what the hell am I saying it's California we're talking about.
In all honesty I'm just waiting for California to fall into the ocean.
So Cal has the Metro link system, I guess? basically like half a dozen rail lines centering in LA and extending out....a few dozen miles in each direction?

at least it has seats, which is more than the Bronzebeards or Mimiron can boast.

:P
11/04/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Khazlei
at least it has seats, which is more than the Bronzebeards or Mimiron can boast.

Deeprun goes underwater... so does BART (under the bay) but there's no glass to view the underbelly of the bay.
Cut myself on the edge this post contains...
if something happened to california who would carry the rest of the country??? noobs! cali has more people than canada , love it when people try to stereotype...

go watch joe rogan talking to elon musk about his project underneath LA . e z
Cali needs to just hurry up and split off the US and go float in the ocean somewhere.
I live in Las Vegas. I am all for building a wall along the California border so we can keep all of that crazy penned up.
i thought you were gonna say put it on a mobile device.
The jealousy that people living in !@#$ hole red states have of California is always amusing.

Don't worry, it probably won't exist in 50 years because of your policies. You'll kill it just like you always wanted.
Jerry brown is an idiot. Nuff said