Gold Seller on Thorium Brotherhood not being dealt with

Customer Support
There is a gold seller on Thorium Brotherhood [Removed by Moderator]. He is advertising continuously in trade. He has been on all day and reported repeatedly. Why is he still there? It is disturbing to realize that my reports and feedback are being ignored. I feel that I and the community as a whole is due an explanation as to why such a flagrant violator is not dealt with promptly.

Ghutz is here!
Calling out players on the forums is not allowed.

Did you report the gold seller by right clicking his name and reporting for spam?
There is a gold seller on Thorium Brotherhood (<removed> a DK). He is advertising continuously in trade. He has been on all day and reported repeatedly. Why is he still there? It is disturbing to realize that my reports and feedback are being ignored. I feel that I and the community as a whole is due an explanation as to why such a flagrant violator is not dealt with promptly.

Ghutz is here!

First off, calling out players here is not allowed.

You've done the right thing by right-clicking and reporting them (hopefully for spam). If enough people were doing that, the account would automatically be squelched. So while I have no doubt that you and some others have been reporting them, not enough people are.

That said, once your report is at the front of the line (of all reports made to Blizz), then it will be looked into and dealt with. These investigations take time as the account being used is likely also a hacked account.

They will indeed be dealt with though. And when they are, they'll hop onto another stolen account and start the process over. Unfortunately, until players stop buying illicit gold, these criminals will continue their craft.
Yes, over the course of hours today on multiple characters. Ghutz will edit out his name immediately.
Having played this game for many years, I am aware of the process for reporting violators. In this case it was the amount of time being taken to resolve the issue that was exceptional. If it is a case of not enough reports being made by players, I strongly suggest that you consider lowering the amount needed before action is taken.
Even if action was possible at the exact moment game violations were reported, these sellers have access to countless stolen accounts and stolen credit cards. When one account is silenced or shutdown, it's right on the next one.

You've done the right thing and reported it. Not having an immediate noticeable effect doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

Edit to address your most recent post. Like was said above, these are professionals. In addition to having eternal access to accounts and payment methods, they are also very good at making it look like nothing is being done, either in a timely manner or at all. Its purpose is to instill complacency so that people will think, "Well, reporting doesn't do anything, so why bother reporting?"
The odd thing I find here is that if you reported it via the right-click option, you should no longer see that character speak. So it is unclear how it continued to bother you to such a degree.

If you obsess over these things you will continue to be frustrated. Just report and move on.
11/04/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Ilyana
The odd thing I find here is that if you reported it via the right-click option, you should no longer see that character speak. So it is unclear how it continued to bother you to such a degree.
They change accounts and often use the same or similar character names (to make it look like nothing is being done to stop them. All part of their psychological tricks to dupe legit players).
They change accounts.

I saw the name before it was edited, on the Armory it showed a level 120 character. Even if they deleted that character, the name would be locked to that account for 30 days. So I do not think that is the case here.
11/04/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Ilyana
I saw the name before it was edited, on the Armory it showed a level 120 character. Even if they deleted that character, the name would be locked to that account for 30 days. So I do not think that is the case here.
Or similar.

If you saw me spamming as Leviathan and then Levíathan, it's not overtly obvious.

(Understand, that as part of making a point here, it may be easy to spot. But when running around the game world and glancing at names and name plates, it's not as easily detectable.)
A report only makes the person disappear for that particular character until you log. If you switch to other characters, or log off, when you come back you will get the spam again. Hope that clarifies why I would continue to be annoyed throughout the day.
It's the same dude, not a "similar name." Saw him last night before I went to bed, then this morning when I logged in for Emissaries. Since he's still at it, if you want - I can log back in and see if it's the same name. =p

Just right-click and report for Spam every time he advertises. At the very least, you won't see him until you log off that character.
11/04/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Ghutz
A report only makes the person disappear for that particular character until you log. If you switch to other characters, or log off, when you come back you will get the spam again. Hope that clarifies why I would continue to be annoyed throughout the day.

Then right-click and report it again and move on with your day. Again, you will only frustrate yourself if you focus/obsess on these things. Blizzard will get to the reports, but it will never be instant satisfaction.

Or get yourself an addon that filters these things out for you.
I've been reporting him since yesterday. He's definitely been hacked and is being used as a spam bot.

I have reported him 37 times and counting.

11/04/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Perl

Imo it's not really calling a player out since it's not the player doing it. He's pretty clearly been hacked. I put his name in the post I made earlier about this (different post) knowing it'd get edited. But knowing that Blues should be able to see the unedited version and hopefully lock his account before the bot gets him put on everyone's ignore list. I can't seem to find the "a player has been hacked" option in the new report options. Which have gotten pretty convoluted at this point.
11/04/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Kaylar
I've been reporting him since yesterday. He's definitely been hacked and is being used as a spam bot.

Imo it's not really calling a player out since it's not the player doing it. He's pretty clearly been hacked. I put his name in the post I made earlier about this (different post) knowing it'd get edited. But knowing that Blues should be able to see the unedited version and hopefully lock his account before the bot gets him put on everyone's ignore list. I can't seem to find the "a player has been hacked" option in the new report options. Which have gotten pretty convoluted at this point.

The problem with calling them out is what happens when they do get their account restored and there is a target on their back from a forum post.

That is why it is not allowed, despite the best of intentions.

That said, post the name, then put edited so mods can see original content. Then go back and edit the name out.
Imo it's not really calling a player out since it's not the player doing it.
it's a call out no matter what, and Blizzard says it's not allowed. End of story

Imo it's not really calling a player out since it's not the player doing it.

There is no grey space. Blizzard does not allow people to report over the forums with the person's name. For all we know, everyone who has said this person broke the rules are just people who are ganging up on him. Now people go and attack the person for being a gold seller in game.

Report them in game, and move on. Blizzard has to handle ALL reports that come in, and are not instantly handled. People can only work so fast, and they can only have so many employees.
Discussion here seems to be a bit circular so I'm going to lock the thread. Definitely report these in-game for review. Reporting them on the forums is not appropriate and even if they are indeed compromised, it's still a form of 'calling out'.

Thanks everyone for offering up advice and for all your constant vigilance!