Professions

Classic Discussion
Hey guys. Can you think of good items that you crafted and lasted for several levels at least? I have played on private servers and with 1.12 itemization, there was barely anything that I could use for even 3 levels.

I have leveled up a leartheworker and only thing I remember using was Deviate Scale Belt. Yes, it's very decent and could last a few levels. But later, there are some blue gloves which are fine, but nothing brilliant. And "Guardian Belt"(+6 spirit, +6 stamina) is pathetic for a blue.

I remember trying to craft Robe of power as Tailor for a mage but it wasn't that brilliant either, maybe you digress. :)

Sure, at level 60, there are nice robes for tailors but before that, do you think using the 1.12 client diminishes the role of crafting professions for leveling?

Imagine ability to craft some brilliant item(for each profession) at level 30 that would last full ten levels just like Warrior's Whirlwind Axe, would be decent, no? Warlocks also have similar quest for Enchanted Gold Bloodrobe, but for classes that don't have such class quests would be an enormous boost.
Shining Silver Breastplate.

My old Paladin in BFA is still wearing SSB + Verigan's Fist. She seriously still has the weapon. It made me very happy to look back and see it there after I'd forgotten about it.

For the 3-4 times I played Mail classes I always busted my butt to create Shining Silver Breastplate and it was always so rewarding.
bags lol.
11/05/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Yefang
Shining Silver Breastplate.

My old Paladin in BFA is still wearing SSB + Verigan's Fist. She seriously still has the weapon. It made me very happy to look back and see it there after I'd forgotten about it.

For the 3-4 times I played Mail classes I always busted my butt to create Shining Silver Breastplate and it was always so rewarding.

Yes, Shining Silver Breastplate is very good. Imagine how good it could have been at 1.1, even 1.3, before the itemization changes. And it actually diminishes the need for Brutal Hauberk for warriors, which is a level 24 blue and requires to run level 30 dungeon.

Verigan's Fist - now that's beast. I hope that one day blizzard will add similar quests to other classes that let lack them.
As hunter, any gun you can make along with ammo.
The Deviate Scale Belt, kept that sucker for easily 20 levels.
11/05/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Nalal
As hunter, any gun you can make along with ammo.

True, I can't stress just how useful engineering is for hunters, even in 1.12 patch.

11/05/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Thraex
The Deviate Scale Belt, kept that sucker for easily 20 levels.

Ya that belt was awesome. I wish there were more items like that. :(
i seem to recall not being able to get a helm for sometime so maybe a crafted helm
11/05/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Kendamd
i seem to recall not being able to get a helm for sometime so maybe a crafted helm

Green iron helm was worn by pretty much every warrior and paladin. I have no idea what the stats are anymore, but I remember it being everywhere and lasting several lvls.
I still stand by my stance that Engineering is the most useful of all the professions for most classes. Although this is personal preference honestly, and it is also partly because I played a rogue and Flame Reflector is basically core to the fire resist gear for MC when you first get into raiding

Flame reflector is also hilarious in pvp against PoM Pyro mages
11/05/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Tastymanwich
11/05/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Kendamd

Green iron helm was worn by pretty much every warrior and paladin. I have no idea what the stats are anymore, but I remember it being everywhere and lasting several lvls.

yeah it appears to be the first crafted helm you can get and only at lvl 29
https://www.wowhead.com/item=3836/green-iron-helm
Crafts were a lot stronger in the early days, but after they upped the loottables and added DM or ZG, crafts became less useful.

Arcanite Reaper was once were strong, there was also a cape that we used a lot (Onyxia). With 1.12. you will have so many easier ways to optain gear, that you won´t invest into crafting that much sadly.
As a probable druid (eventual resto) I was leaning toward alchemy but should I consider leatherworking? Never leveled either. I can always level engineering again long down the road but I found healers were better off healing in BGs. Want to try something new (like the druid).
Pretty much anything blue will last several levels longer then a green
If you want to PvP in classic, you want to be an engineer.
11/11/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Vik
As a probable druid (eventual resto) I was leaning toward alchemy but should I consider leatherworking? Never leveled either. I can always level engineering again long down the road but I found healers were better off healing in BGs. Want to try something new (like the druid).

As a druid go enchanting or leatherworking. If you ever switch to feral enchanting gives you bis tanking trinket (heart of mountain) and leatherworking gives you a near bis shoulder (argent dawn). You never know what you may end up wantung to do so plan ahead :)
11/12/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Kaetliyn
11/11/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Vik

As a druid go enchanting or leatherworking. If you ever switch to feral enchanting gives you bis tanking trinket (heart of mountain) and leatherworking gives you a near bis shoulder (argent dawn). You never know what you may end up wantung to do so plan ahead :)

Just make the Trinket and drop enchanting (its a BoP and have no enchanting requirement to use).
Shoulders are BoE, no need to be a leather worker to use.
Professions help you fill in those spots where you don't easily get gear upgrades.
They are pretty helpful while leveling up.

In vanilla I did LW on my hunter. While ok for some upgraded gear it was really the weapon that I needed to keep up to level. (shoulda took engineering).

Playing on ND I took up LW for my rogue and it has helped a lot while leveling.
You can make greens early on.

Took mining/BS on my pally and that is a huge help while leveling..gear and weapons and I can make weapons for my rogue.
Typically I go herbing/alch on my main (Rogue, always)

I play on herding/skinning this time, and having enchanting on an alt for mats, and either having alchemy on my alt, or dropping skinning for alchemy at 60 on my main.
I'm in the Engi group

Gear, pots, enchants can mostly be purchased, looted or replaced for the most part.

Most engineering items can't and they're wildly useful for any class.