How do you beat MW?

Arenas
From my perspective MW are just casting 3 soothing mist and topping off their teammate from 5%. They have the best mobility of any healer. They have the best BURST damage of any healer. They have Life cocoon (Basically Paly Bubble) . What do you guys do vs MW teams to win.

By the way I know MW is probably more complex than from the outside looking in. Would love some advice from any Disc out there that know how to deal with them.

FYI I am playing in 2s
Mobility, yes. Burst, yes. Their cocoon isn’t even that strong. It’s perfectly fine, however, their healing output is high.

What I would I do is go on healer when his trinket is down and our stun is up or just cc the monk.

I havent play priest since cata so I dunno what to do but from my perspective. You and your partner needs to go ham af. Or try to stall till high dampening and destroy them.
Force their trinket, and then kill them in the next stun. MWs flop incredibly hard unless they prewall your go.

If they somehow survive the stun, you dispell that !@#$% and there's nothing they can do if you dispel their soothing. Bonus points if you spam dispel during their aura mastery.
11/05/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Glowrss
Force their trinket, and then kill them in the next stun. MWs flop incredibly hard unless they prewall your go.

If they somehow survive the stun, you dispell that !@#$% and there's nothing they can do if you dispel their soothing. Bonus points if you spam dispel during their aura mastery.

Thanks!
My dude how dare u say cacoon is basically pally bubble
11/05/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Ambergrís
They have Life cocoon (Basically Paly Bubble

10/10 troll post
They have Life cocoon (Basically Paly Bubble)

Hahahaha. That couldn't be further from the truth. What you meant was "cocoon, basically one power word shield crit"
I personally struggle with MWs too, but they're not nearly as bad as Resto sham or hpals with their million defensives.

MW excels at high throughput far away which can be tough to secure a kill through cc.

As others posted, you need to press the i believe button. Get their trinket with blind/poly/cc.

Get them away from their far away pillar. Know where transcendance is. Hard swap with a coordinated stun into burst. As a rogue I find it necessary to vanish garrote at the end sometimes for the silence to secure.

Even if the first go doesnt work, the second go 30 seconds later will. Just dont fruitlessly chase themin between. Keep the pressure up.
11/05/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Glowrss
Shhhhh, dispel doesn't work on soothing. This won't work. Just leave the monk alone.
MW is least mana efficient healer atm. Can always go the route of playing defensively and outlasting, then potentially swap when hes low on mana to avoid drinks.
They have Life cocoon (Basically Paly Bubble)
LOL OMG... YOU DID NOT JUST COMPARE COCOON TO PALLY BUBBLE... HOLY RNGESUS.... I'm... SO tempted to flame... but I'll resist and simply say, that could not be further from the truth.

From my perspective MW are just casting 3 soothing mist and topping off their teammate from 5%.
Currently you can purge soothing mist and basically have a cooldownless interrupt on mistweavers. His partner at 5% life? Spam purge and he's either going to have to cocoon, or his partner is going to die unless he starts hardcasting.

They have the best mobility of any healer. They have the best BURST damage of any healer.
We're actually less mobile than ever before. In the past we've had iterations where we could cast while moving, where we had 3 chi torpedos, where port was a 25 second cd... where we had mistwalk (a 20 second cd port to our friends with a 40 yard range and 2 charges)... Currently I honestly think we're probably less mobile than R druids atm. 2 Chi torpedos and a 45 sec cd port, and we can't generally spec for freedom roll anymore.

By the way I know MW is probably more complex than from the outside looking in. Would love some advice from any Disc out there that know how to deal with them.
Have your rogue stun them, and kill them in the stun. That's where we're most susceptible, is being hard swap killed. Mind control our crane to make us just essentially waste our mana on it. If we blow the trinket on the rogue stun with vendetta, have him blind sap us and kill our partner during that time... Or even just stun us and try bursting us. Plenty of outplay potential.

11/05/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Bluntgirl
MW is least mana efficient healer atm. Can always go the route of playing defensively and outlasting, then potentially swap when hes low on mana to avoid drinks.
This isn't exactly true. Mistweavers can hold their mana pretty well if they don't press the crane button, and surging's mana cost / high healing out put can keep someone up for a while even when we're oom. I'd say druids oom faster than we do, assuming you aren't craning without mana tea.
Yeah they top quickly with soothing but kicks and purges put them way behind. And cocoon is a joke Fire/assa usually just kills thru bubble in the opener if its clean.
From my perspective MW are just casting 3 soothing mist and topping off their teammate from 5%.
......................what?

I think you mean surging mist not soothing mist. You should learn the abilities of a class before asking for help.
I think Fox was offended
Yea, cocoon is basically pally bubble except you can interrupt, CC, or just burst through it.

But it's basically a pally bubble.
11/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Lafs
I think Fox was offended
I'm pretty easy going, but man.. that comparison tilted me a bit, not gonna lie lol.
MW is the only healer I can solo as Prot but maybe cause I hard counter them. They are super squishy in CC chains so just kill them in that and try to stun their roll.
11/05/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Reqy
......................what?

I think you mean surging mist not soothing mist. You should learn the abilities of a class before asking for help.

Meh, I can see the mistake - an opponent is often gonna see the MW casting soothing mist while pumping out surging mists. So that big green beam is gonna make the player think it's soothing mist going out to do all those heals.
11/05/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Selenora
11/05/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Reqy
.........................what?

Meh, I can see the mistake - an opponent is often gonna see the MW casting soothing mist while pumping out surging mists. So that big green beam is gonna make the player think it's soothing mist going out to do all those heals.
yeah man with its rng proc to put up enveloping and a surging buff and aoe heal the entire team.

Even if you dont know whats going on reading the "100% increased healing from surging mist" should give you a decent idea of whats happening.
in addition to purge like people have said you can mc to deny cocoons and healing