Cross Realm Mythic Raid Locks

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Once a Mythic raid goes cross realm can we please have it like heroic where you can only get loot once from a boss but are not locked to a raid ID?

Keeping the 20 man requirement is fine but having this raid ID lock is very cumbersome.

What is the rationale for keeping the raid ID lock once cross realm has been enabled?
The intention of X-Realm Mythic raiding is so that established groups can bring in people they know from other servers and run with them. It is not really intended to facilitate being able to PUG, hence the Instance ID is still locked. So if you have a friend that wants to raid with your guild but doesn't necessarily want to transfer you can bring him in every week to join your raid, but he won't be able to run it with anyone else. If they unlocked it we would see a lot more PUG Mythics and a lot more complaining on the forums because its too hard etc etc. Mythic raiding is extremely difficult if not impossible in most PUG groups (some bosses are the exception, Mythic Taloc and possibly Mother) It takes a level of group cohesion that typically doesn't exist in a fresh PUG.
11/06/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Jalenoth
Once a Mythic raid goes cross realm can we please have it like heroic where you can only get loot once from a boss but are not locked to a raid ID?

Keeping the 20 man requirement is fine but having this raid ID lock is very cumbersome.

What is the rationale for keeping the raid ID lock once cross realm has been enabled?

This is such a bad idea. In mythic raiding you are expected to wipe. If you implement this system few will stick around after a few wipes. Current system locks you into the instance, thus providing the incentive to stick around until the boss dies or the raid disbands. What you are suggesting sounds fine on paper but really is not compatible with how high end raiding works.

Edit: spelling (thanks auto correct)
11/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Fierytaint
If they unlocked it we would see a lot more PUG Mythics and a lot more complaining on the forums because its too hard etc etc.

Why does that matter? People complain about everything. I'm complaining about having a Mythic raid ID lock once it goes cross realm, therefore they should unlock it so I don't complain about it.

11/07/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Kalcifer
In mythic raiding you are expected to wipe. If you implement this system few will stick around after a few wipes.

That already happens with heroic pugs, but they don't raid ID lock heroic.

I don't see the need to force people to stay in the same group once it goes cross realm.
11/07/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Jalenoth
11/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Fierytaint
If they unlocked it we would see a lot more PUG Mythics and a lot more complaining on the forums because its too hard etc etc.

Why does that matter? People complain about everything. I'm complaining about having a Mythic raid ID lock once it goes cross realm, therefore they should unlock it so I don't complain about it.

11/07/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Kalcifer
In mythic raiding you are expected to wipe. If you implement this system few will stick around after a few wipes.

That already happens with heroic pugs, but they don't raid ID lock heroic.

I don't see the need to force people to stay in the same group once it goes cross realm.

From strictly PUG point of view you might be right. But most mythic groups are guild groups that are missing one or two people for that night and need to fill those slots for progression. That means, after the first few loot pinatas, wiping for 2 to 3 hours. No one going to stick around if the group isn't already very close to killing the boss and if they don't have to. This is not even comparable to heroic raiding where kills are all but guaranteed - and you can see how easily people drop groups once the group gets to "harder" bosses like G'huun. From raider leader perspective this is a nightmare.

Another thing to consider is that this will have negative implications in attendance because it allows people to be completely free agents (to their detriment to be honest). Why show up for progression if you can find a pug that's already killed the boss and just need a warm body.

The point is if they remove the lock out element, mythic raiding (which is already on life support compared to BC or wrath days) will become even more difficult. Just be more mindful which group you join, and maybe join a guild instead.
most mythic grps are guild grps just because the lock out. As an avid pugger this has hurt me for years. E.g cleared Antorus heroic with in 4 weeks then had to wait over six months to do any type of progression. really only about 4 guilds on my server that do decent mythic progression on alli and most times they dont need a healer. So only real option i have is to server change which is just a money grab + plus i dont want to leave the server i have friends on for last 10 yrs. saying this would hurt mythic raiding is so wrong u dont know the skillful ppl u are missing out on (e.g me). It only hurts the kids who want to keep mythic to themselves and their bull!@#$ self percieved importance on their server. More ppl doing mythic means bigger chance they will not b (special). saying that puggers cant cope with mythic is just typical sterotyping, i was raiding heroic(current mythic standard) icc when it was current. I always join grps with food pots flasks etc. Yes ppl forming grp would have to take more care who they invite but its mythic thats understandable. I love the ppl in this post they think us puggers dont want to wipe or come prepared bet u most of thm have never pugged in their life or are just really bad at screening ppl. Pretty much 1 of the reason i dont join a big mythic guild is to avoid this type of leetism. so keep it up and watch the subs keep declining douches.
11/08/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Livinlife
most mythic grps are guild grps just because the lock out. As an avid pugger this has hurt me for years. E.g cleared Antorus heroic with in 4 weeks then had to wait over six months to do any type of progression. really only about 4 guilds on my server that do decent mythic progression on alli and most times they dont need a healer. So only real option i have is to server change which is just a money grab + plus i dont want to leave the server i have friends on for last 10 yrs. saying this would hurt mythic raiding is so wrong u dont know the skillful ppl u are missing out on (e.g me). It only hurts the kids who want to keep mythic to themselves and their bull!@#$ self percieved importance on their server. More ppl doing mythic means bigger chance they will not b (special). saying that puggers cant cope with mythic is just typical sterotyping, i was raiding heroic(current mythic standard) icc when it was current. I always join grps with food pots flasks etc. Yes ppl forming grp would have to take more care who they invite but its mythic thats understandable. I love the ppl in this post they think us puggers dont want to wipe or come prepared bet u most of thm have never pugged in their life or are just really bad at screening ppl. Pretty much 1 of the reason i dont join a big mythic guild is to avoid this type of leetism. so keep it up and watch the subs keep declining douches.

Do you feel better now?? What a rant!
11/08/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Livinlife

I have several 120s and I pug too. I pugged 3 mythic bosses on my hunter this week. You really have no excuse. If you remove the lock out that will end up killing so many guilds that organizes raids you can join as pug with. You are thinking 1 dimensionally which is what brought us LFR and theses 4 difficulty raids nonsense. Stop trying to ruin the game.
11/10/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Kalcifer

If you remove the lock out that will end up killing so many guilds that organizes raids you can join as pug with. You are thinking 1 dimensionally which is what brought us LFR and theses 4 difficulty raids nonsense. Stop trying to ruin the game.

Why do you believe this? By removing the raid ID lock you'll have even more guilds organizing raids because they'll have access to a much larger pool of players.

I joined a Mythic pug last night and in discord people were talking about how several people before me were invited, but didn't understand they were already locked to another Mythic raid ID, so they couldn't join.

They were also saying it sucks that they have to invite people and lock them to the raid when they know they are only going to have a few more attempts.

I don't get the resistance to change on this.
11/10/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Jalenoth
11/10/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Kalcifer

If you remove the lock out that will end up killing so many guilds that organizes raids you can join as pug with. You are thinking 1 dimensionally which is what brought us LFR and theses 4 difficulty raids nonsense. Stop trying to ruin the game.

Why do you believe this? By removing the raid ID lock you'll have even more guilds organizing raids because they'll have access to a much larger pool of players.

I joined a Mythic pug last night and in discord people were talking about how several people before me were invited, but didn't understand they were already locked to another Mythic raid ID, so they couldn't join.

They were also saying it sucks that they have to invite people and lock them to the raid when they know they are only going to have a few more attempts.

I don't get the resistance to change on this.

This is a nonsense that only someone who hasn't run and recruited for mythic progression guild would say. If you are going to kill the first few bosses only maybe it doesn't matter. No one out there is going to pug mythic fetid or g'huun so mythic raid being cross realm does not impact actual progression guilds except that you can bring in trials without transferring. This however will incentivize more people to go free agent, which will affect attendances. The groups that YOU can join for mythic are never fully pug. Instead they are guild organized. Such change will kill those guilds because attendance will get worse, and even if they can find more pug you are VERY unlikely to actually kill hard bosses with pugs. This will severely negatively impact semi-hardcore raiding guilds. They kept the lockout for a damn good reason.