Selling Horde GB With 30 Million in Transmog

Wyrmrest Accord
Selling Horde Guild Bank (approx 125 items) worth 30 million (according to TSM4).

I'm asking 5 million, which is a steal for the right Goblin. Transmog sales are SLOW, but selling just a couple items and you've made your gold back and the rest is pure profit.

I'm going to unsub until Classic and want to convert the gold to my BNET balance, hence the sale.

Please message me on Unopercent (StaySalty#11773) or send an in-game mail and I'll invite you to the guild so you can look at the tabs.
This seems pretty fishy, especially with this character having only this as their single post ever.
Ah the ol' "Support the guild" then g kick when the bank's full routine.

The reason I say this is if the bank's contents really are worth 30 million gold, no way in hell would someone settle for 5 million. If you unsubbed the day of posting, you still have 30 days to sell with auctions lasting 48 hours maximum. You could easily turn that into at least a 15 million sale independently.

I wonder how long before former guild members start popping up with stories?
I'm the only toon in the guild (always have been) and I transferred the GB over here when I transferred my main Genysis.

What's sad is that people are so conditioned to think that ANY good deal is a scam. ANYONE that sells transmog knows that sales can take upwards of months to sell just one piece. I do not want to have to keep subbing just to post auctions every 48 hours...just want to cash out to my BNET balance, go play No Man's Sky and wait for Classic to be released.

Still looking for a buyer. Willing to negotiate on a fair price. Send me an in game message or in-game mail.
11/08/2018 03:35 AMPosted by Unopercent
What's sad is that people are so conditioned to think that ANY good deal is a scam. ANYONE that sells transmog knows that sales can take upwards of months to sell just one piece. I do not want to have to keep subbing just to post auctions every 48 hours...just want to cash out to my BNET balance, go play No Man's Sky and wait for Classic to be released.

1) Conditioned? It's common sense. An offload from a one-time poster of that sort of "profit" is shady at best to literally anyone, especially considering you've provided no details of the trade.
Your TSM data could also be completely bogus when comparing actual bi-annual data and rarity/offload frequency of your mystery 30M haul.

2) "Anyone" that sells transmog also knows that a 48hr auction is only a good flag on items you know aren't going to turn over quickly (Chromatic Sword, for instance), and with an average of 280k an item (assuming 125=30M), 24hr checks would likely yield better results.
It doesn't take months to sell one piece - if you were that desperate to offload, so desperate you'll take a 25M loss, there's nothing saying you can't slash the offload by 25-40% on the AH and take that as you will.
Even at 50%, a 15M profit. It sounds totally bogus from a buyer's PoV.

3) Barring all that, the shadiness, the lack of information, the lack of credibility in post history, the completely dead/private guild?
..Eh. I hope you at least find someone interested. Anyone looking at a haul like that's done their homework and will happily take it off your hands, it's more in respect to the outside perspective here.
11/08/2018 03:35 AMPosted by Unopercent
What's sad is that people are so conditioned to think that ANY good deal is a scam.

That's called being reasonably suspicious, given the amount of guild banks scams that occur often I think we're all inclined to agreed, especially after how defensive you're getting. You also say that you transferred the bank from another realm, which means it'd be easier for one to hide the trail.
Edit- I didn't see the part where they made the offer to let people peek at what they had before buying sight unseen, which makes this entirely fair. I mean it isn't like they are hiding anything and honestly as far as I am concerned, if they can work it out with someone willing to spend that kind of gold then it isn't really anyone else's business.
To be fair, OP did say in the beginning that interested parties are welcome to have an alt invited to look in the gbank, so it's not as if you'd have to buy blind. On top of that, moving transmog--especially more rare and pricey pieces--does take a very long time; speaking from my own experience.

I did something similar, except I liquidated for cheap a ton of transmog items, so I could quickly buy tokens before my time expires. I didn't have nearly as much as OP probably does, if taking their estimation on worth at face value, it would be a long, tedious process to get your gold's worth from that much stock.

That said, the transmog market ebbs and flows harder than most anything else I've seen, so trying to ascribe a specific value to a haul would be most difficult.

I would personally like to know how many of the items are the no-longer-available types. Those sell BIG, but take FOREVER to offload.
11/08/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Borgg
Edit- I didn't see the part where they made the offer to let people peek at what they had before buying sight unseen, which makes this entirely fair. I mean it isn't like they are hiding anything and honestly as far as I am concerned, if they can work it out with someone willing to spend that kind of gold then it isn't really anyone else's business.

As usual, it takes an orc to see reason in a situation ;P
I completely get the skepticism. It's warranted, especially with the amount of gold that I'm asking for. With that said, I am trying to be as transparent and upfront as possible.

I came to this server a couple years ago with 7 guild bank tabs full of transmog because RP servers traditionally buy more transmog gear and I've never played on a RP server before. I've been buying/selling transmog off and on since then and am sick of it. I don't have the patience anymore to keep posting items over and over with a few sales per week...hence why I just want to sell what I have left and be done with it.

I posted to this forum because someone over at /r/woweconomy suggested it to get more visibility....never have been a part of these forums and besides this post, never will again.
I have literally never seen a "guild bank sale" that wasn't shady, usually by way of how the guild bank was obtained. Allowing people to take a peek is all fine and good. We're still going to have to take him at his word he didn't obtain it by scamming control of a guild. It's especially dubious when he admits to transferring over to the server with it.
I don't think it's really fair to make accusations like that without any proof.
11/08/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Unopercent
I posted to this forum because someone over at /r/woweconomy suggested it to get more visibility....never have been a part of these forums and besides this post, never will again.

I'm sorry you had this experience. I hope you're able to make a good sale, and do have fun when Classic drops!

Sorry, buddy. WrA forums have mob mentality sometimes. I don't frequent them for that very reason. Good luck with your sale, hopefully it goes over well somewhere. Happy trails!
11/09/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Coltrane
WrA forums have mob mentality sometimes

Didn't know posting skepticism was a mob mentality.
I only came into this thread to hug Dawnsky.

That's all.
To be fair, WrA definitely has a mob mentality, but there's nothing wrong with the questions being asked in this thread.
Have fun in Classic OP!
11/08/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Borgg

Sure, I have no solid proof. I have no proof that the watches the guy tried to sell me out of his coat are fakes. I have no proof that the "call this number to fix your infected computer" is really a scam. I have no proof that the guy who emailed me isn't really a Nigerian prince.

But I have the track record of similar events always ending up being shady. So I'm going to be dubious.
11/09/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Dineran
11/08/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Borgg

Sure, I have no solid proof. I have no proof that the watches the guy tried to sell me out of his coat are fakes. I have no proof that the "call this number to fix your infected computer" is really a scam. I have no proof that the guy who emailed me isn't really a Nigerian prince.

But I have the track record of similar events always ending up being shady. So I'm going to be dubious.

You can be dubious. But again- I don't think it is fair to condemn people without evidence. That's all. I also feel like if OP can work it out with someone, then it really doesn't concern anyone else.