Resto Sham Buffs/Hpal Nerfs Incoming

Arenas
8.1 changes to Rsham and Hpal are as follows:

Restoration Shaman:

Ancestral Gift (New) You become immune to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 sec after using Spiritwalker's Grace. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

Cleansing Waters (New) Your Chain Heal and Healing Rain spells have a 20% increased chance to critically heal, and when they critically heal the target is dispelled of all harmful magical effects. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

Holy Paladin:

Blessed Hands Your Blessing spells all of Protection and Blessing of Freedom spells now have 1 additional charge. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Paladin. Requires level 40+.

So basically they are taking double sacrifice away and giving resto shams an aura mastery effect and an extra dispell for all magic abilities on every chain heal crit.

Who at blizzard is smoking crack?
they changed cleanse the weak to work similarly to the chain heal talent except on holy light and no crit required

which in my opinion is a nerf with how strong spriest is gonna be
yes I too like ignoring the fact that rsham lost rippling waters
Restoration shamans are currently the strongest.

Given the buffs to sham/nerfs to Hpal, wouldn't the gap only get larger?
11/07/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Felryn
yes I too like ignoring the fact that rsham lost rippling waters

this literally

I don’t think the 5 second AM is even a buff if they move rshams healing off riptide and earthen wall and move it appropriately
this if anything is a fix and a better mechanic overall for the game than rshams current setup

I don’t knkw why anyone would expect zunit to know that though he exploited to miss glad like 5x in legion
not many people can say they’ve done that
Okay but healing rain dispels on crits? And it's an AOE heal that sits there so if your team sits in it, they are permanently being dispelled every crit from ALL magic/poison???
Yeah, that is a low key (HUGE) buff targeted to shamans.Now they'll run towards the target with ease to AM hex him or immune to heal their ally or as Zunit pointed out spam dispel their entire group with critical strikes of healing rain.They're already the best healer in the game by a far margin, and now they're further being buffed, someone in Blizzard Entertainment is a biased thug that is probably a Cdew fanboy or something.
What an original and creative thread just the the 6 others iv seen today.
you shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums unless you are extremely high rated

like 1550+
Loving the huge buffs to Rsham, now I can run my PvE triple chain heal azerite traits!!! Woohoo 1 set of armour for PvP and PvE.

We can all just stack and I can use AM and chain heal twice In that time! On top of Healing rain, such great strats.

Luckily players never move in arena, we can just all be turrets, I heard in 8.1 they will also remove any pillars from arena and make arenas the same size as my healing rain and chain heal distances.

Don't know what all these people are complaining about tbh!!
11/07/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Zunit
8.1 changes to Rsham and Hpal are as follows:

Restoration Shaman:

Ancestral Gift (New) You become immune to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 sec after using Spiritwalker's Grace. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

Cleansing Waters (New) Your Chain Heal and Healing Rain spells have a 20% increased chance to critically heal, and when they critically heal the target is dispelled of all harmful magical effects. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

Holy Paladin:

Blessed Hands Your Blessing spells all of Protection and Blessing of Freedom spells now have 1 additional charge. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Paladin. Requires level 40+.

So basically they are taking double sacrifice away and giving resto shams an aura mastery effect and an extra dispell for all magic abilities on every chain heal crit.

Who at blizzard is smoking crack?

So let me get this straight... You mean to tell me I'm about to be get the nerf bat.... And now RSham gets immunity ability? On top of them having an interupt, stun, and hex?.... Wtf I don't even have Rebuke. I'll trade this wack Light of Martyr BS for something useful. Oh, and would like a better mastery because current is garbage...
Didn't mention the Rippling Waters removal? Heavy nerf to R sham along with moderate buffs.

A PvP talent that give a silence immunity isn't insane, most other heals have one.

Cleansing Waters might be really good against dot comps... and we all know how dominant they've been lately. Now Resto Shaman can counter all the affi locks that aren't playing, while having a harder time fighting burst melee cleaves without Rippling Waters.

What a buff!
11/07/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Halo
Didn't mention the Rippling Waters removal? Heavy nerf to R sham along with moderate buffs.

A PvP talent that give a silence immunity isn't insane, most other heals have one.

Cleansing Waters might be really good against dot comps... and we all know how dominant they've been lately. Now Resto Shaman can counter all the affi locks that aren't playing, while having a harder time fighting burst melee cleaves without Rippling Waters.

What a buff!
Indirectly causes a major disruption in case you haven't thought hard enough.RPS will be decimated by it, they are a comp that is heavily DoT reliant with rogue poisons, shadow priest dots, and flame shock from the shaman.
Restoration Shamans are currently #1 in meta.

They are being massively buffed with a moving Aura Mastery and a dispel for all magic/poison and people are defending it.

Imagine my shock (no pun intended)
11/07/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Fathermike
11/07/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Halo

What a buff!
Indirectly causes a major disruption in case you haven't thought hard enough.RPS will be decimated by it, they are a comp that is heavily DoT reliant with rogue poisons, shadow priest dots, and flame shock from the shaman.

Shamans can't dispel poison or disease bud.

Curse and magic only

And the new talent says magic only, not curses.
Shamans already have a "hidden" ability which reduces lockout durations by 33% as well. Shamans are going to be SO far ahead it isn't even funny.

@Halo, just hop on your shaman main. No need to post on your lowly 110 priest alt.

Also, Halo, it's a MOVING aura mastery that lasts 5 seconds.

Earthen Totem
Grounding Totem
Wind Shear
Purge
AOE Chain Heal and Healing Rain dispel on crits
Aura Mastery effect while moving
33% reduced lockout duration (hidden)
Ghost wolf to prevent polymorph/repentance

Shamans have, inarguably, the best toolkit in the game and it's being buffed.
11/07/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Zunit
Restoration Shamans are currently #1 in meta.

They are being massively buffed with a moving Aura Mastery and a dispel for all magic/poison and people are defending it.

Imagine my shock (no pun intended)

Shamans can't dispel poisons

A moving aura mastery that can be dispelled
zunit you have to be trolling... There is so many bad facts in here and misconceptions its unreal.
11/07/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Zunit
Shamans already have a "hidden" ability which reduces lockout durations by 33% as well. Shamans are going to be SO far ahead it isn't even funny.

@Halo, just hop on your shaman main. No need to post on your lowly 110 priest alt.

Also, Halo, it's a MOVING aura mastery that lasts 5 seconds.

Earthen Totem
Grounding Totem
Wind Shear
Purge
AOE Chain Heal and Healing Rain dispel on crits
Aura Mastery effect while moving
33% reduced lockout duration (hidden)
Ghost wolf to prevent polymorph/repentance

Shamans have, inarguably, the best toolkit in the game and it's being buffed.

Ghostwolf doesn't prevent Polly or hex, rofl

Any proof on the "hidden lockout reduction" ??
Just login a shaman and test it. Rsham have 33% reduced lockout duration. I know, I made an addon designed to track lockout durations on enemy/friendly players.