was playtest extended past the 8th?

Classic Discussion
some people are saying Blizz announced that the playtest was going to be extended a week longer. is this true?

I was assuming it would end in about 4 hours from now?
Idk why but reading this brought it into my mind.
Not sure if you have the demo but if anyone who does sees this or sees this and knows someone streaming the demo before it ends with all this craziness with sharding and resources has anyone checked to see if nodes/chests/ rare spawns etc. are spawned and present and despawned when looted/killed by players in other shards?
I have the demo. there's not lots of people playing only 31 on my server. I don't think there's sharding but maybe someone has an official word on that.

I've seen no evidence of sharding.
I have not seen anyone with an asterix or note stating the other server they are on.
nobody has vanished or appeared out of nowhere either
during the big streamer event on server 11 sharding became an issue that i garentee as being fact
cool
I guess nobody knows when the demo ends.
Seems it has been extended somewhat, but no one knows when it will end. I think blizzard is testing a few more zones or something to extend it. Or maybe they will open wc/deadmines.

As for sharding, it certainly exists. Multiple streams have shown it in action on classic, it works nearly the exact same way as retail. When too many people get on one shard in one area it starts phasing them to the next shard. If someone invites you from that shard you will phase to their shard.
11/08/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Superbanker
I have not seen anyone with an asterix or note stating the other server they are on.
That’s not sharding that is cross realm. There has not been cross realm on the demo as far as I have seen.
cool thanks.

well maybe the demo got extended maybe it didn't. I have heard several things nothing official. Some said it was shutting down at 1pm some said at server reset like when dailies reset.

anyhow sharding is interesting and many people have strong feelings about it. I'm only interested in whether the demo is getting extended.
It's 15 minutes past when it was supposed to end, and we're still partying in the Crossroads. Here's hoping...
11/08/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Superbanker
well maybe the demo got extended maybe it didn't. I have heard several things nothing official.

I've heard 2 official things:
1. It will be available from Nov 2 to 8
2. The blizzcon forums will stay open for the 14 days the blizzcon demo is live
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22551243/bring-home-the-blizzcon-wow-classic-demo-with-the-virtual-ticket

That article says it would be available till 10am pst today, which has already passed, so who knows.
cool it's official https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769669442

it's running until 10 AM Pacific time on Monday, November 12