Is MM going to be gabage this whole XPAC?

Hunter
Pronounced: ga- bidge

Just wondering because those band aids in the PTR just tell me that you don't want to put effort into fixing the only 2 specs in game that use a bow.
11/08/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Insanium

Just wondering because those band aids in the PTR just tell me that you don't want to put effort into fixing the only 2 specs in game that use a bow.

Most likely, maybe it will change at the end of the expansion. I already rerolled to mage so w/e.
11/08/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Pochecha
11/08/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Insanium

Most likely, maybe it will change at the end of the expansion. I already rerolled to mage so w/e.

I have a rogue sitting atm but honestly i'd rather delete all my items and characters again over believing that blizz has my best interests at heart.
I don't think they know how to fix it honestly, something about ranged physical damage class is too hard to figure out. They made Survival really fun, but ranged hunter is just too much.
11/08/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Brocksley
I don't think they know how to fix it honestly, something about ranged physical damage class is too hard to figure out.
Gee, if only the devs knew what a successful ranged DPS model that fit the hunter class fantasy looked like. But how will we find that when WOW has only been around for a decade and a half? Surely no spec design could have lasted for more than two years!
Its likely too late until the last patch before next expansion when they inevitably rework talents for whatever new design they come up with.
I know I came back to WoW and was all "I won't boost my old warrior, I'll use my boost on a fresh hunter I wanna range it up!"

BM and MM feel underwhelming and if 8.1 doesn't fix it I'm gonna shelf him and I hate the idea of doing that but I'll be damned if I play some pansy clothie-caster class.
I came back to wow to be a hunter but more specifically a RANGED dps. Not sure it was the right call considering how bad things have gotten over the years.
Blizzard will not be able to fix the MM hunter in this current BFA expansion. If you don't like how MM hunter rotations, play style, and damage just re-roll or quit the game completely.
Just getting back into things.

In a nuntshell, what is so bad about MM, hunter in general. Suck in pvp? Lagging in pve output?

I see alot of people say survival is awesome but hunter at heart is a ranged class. Wth would i want to pick surv when i can go play a plethora of melee classes?
The whole spec right now is about aimed shot, which even npc's LOS you...I still play MM and am not likely to change. It is good in pvp until they catch you. Epic bg's are where it shines most.
all we will get is bandaid fixes. remember legion? all they did was make vulnerable proc more and removed the crappy stacking buff. it still was the same spec. we will be stuck this way all xpac.
Its pretty frustrating how the devs seem to be unable to fix MM. Its one of the 3-4 specs I have any interest in. Its not that difficult, suggests have been handed to the devs since alpha.
You guy remember last xpac where they turned mm hunter around half way through xpac with 2nd to last raid come out... prolly same thing again
I wouldn't expect it to be better until 9.0 TBH. Learn to like survival or pick another class is really what comes down to now.
11/10/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Zaldren
I wouldn't expect it to be better until 9.0 TBH. Learn to like survival or pick another class is really what comes down to now.

Just play BM until then, nothing wrong with BM.
As of today i'm cancelling my subscription. I might consider coming back sometime later if hunter gets the attention it deserves.

It's a shame to see ranged hunter in such a weak state, casters are not really my type, but if you guys are interested mage is what comes closer to playstyle.

For those who like PVP and enjoy a hybrid melee/ranged with a pet (UDKish), SV is very strong now so give it a try, you won't regret it.

Otherwise, if you like ranged, 3x Steady Aim MM is viable for PVE (ST Only) and RBGs.

Overall, both MM and BM are underperforming compared to other specs, BM being somewhat ahead of MM.

Farewell.
sad but im stupid and i can tell them how to fix and have in 10 min, maybe a couple day's of programing. it's not complicated. there is no scenario that the current design will work in. you can't have mass movement + cast time. if you do you end up ether vary weak (like mm is now) or op. the simple solution is to make everything auto cast with global cool downs. just like every melee class in the game. i have said this many times but blizzard doesn't care they keep trying the same things that do not work. and will never work.
I did a H Uldir PUG last night, parsed 80%+ for my ilvl 368 and they were considering replacing me because the tanks were only 20% behind my damage on some fights. WTF
The problem is that I have a few MM Hunters who roll with me in Warmode/ WPvP and our AOE is already keeping up with or out pacing the other classes consistently every night.

Any changes Blizzard would make could tip WPvP MM Hunters into a ridiculously OP situation in 40 v 40 Warmode / WPvP encounters

I understand why y'all don't feel so hot in 2 v 2, 3 v 3, BG's, PvE raids or most other content, but mix up your talents and Azerite choices a bit before each encounter and you might find combinations that work for your playstyle.

MM theoretically should be really good at Mythic + with all this AOE it can throw down, but I prefer PvP > PvE so don't want to beat my head against a wall praying for gear to drop when I could be out in Warmode collecting Horde HK's and bounty bags.

Best of luck in 8.1