Is MM going to be gabage this whole XPAC?

Hunter
11/11/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Spaventoso
The problem is that I have a few MM Hunters who roll with me in Warmode/ WPvP and our AOE is already keeping up with or out pacing the other classes consistently every night.

Any changes Blizzard would make could tip WPvP MM Hunters into a ridiculously OP situation in 40 v 40 Warmode / WPvP encounters

I understand why y'all don't feel so hot in 2 v 2, 3 v 3, BG's, PvE raids or most other content, but mix up your talents and Azerite choices a bit before each encounter and you might find combinations that work for your playstyle.

MM theoretically should be really good at Mythic + with all this AOE it can throw down, but I prefer PvP > PvE so don't want to beat my head against a wall praying for gear to drop when I could be out in Warmode collecting Horde HK's and bounty bags.

Best of luck in 8.1

I don't thin being forced to change spec, traits and keybinds for every encounter just to be below average in any of it; is okay.

I know it can be done to help out but this is NOT acceptable.
11/11/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Insanium
tanks were only 20% behind my damage

Tanks have been doing DPS class damage for longer than just this one expansion, after Blizz decided to tie threat into DPS output... Brilliant move, dummies.
Usually the guys complaining about quitting or rerolling are grey and green parses who think rerolling will fix anything. You will just grey and green parse on whatever you reroll.
Im loving MM atm. I dont get all the hate. Fab stuff. Not kidding.
11/08/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Insanium
Pronounced: ga- bidge

I find this fun and amusing.
11/12/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Moonuredps
Usually the guys complaining about quitting or rerolling are grey and green parses who think rerolling will fix anything. You will just grey and green parse on whatever you reroll.

For some of us, it's not a matter of numbers, but just the fun of the spec.

Like back in Cata and MOP, I just enjoying the hell out of SV because it's the hunter equivalent of running into a pile of leaves. I wasn't taking first spot of DPS, but the spec was fun enough that I kept practicing and climbing my way up on Recount (remember that?) and just happy that I was getting better and better at understanding my spec and putting it into action.

By comparison, this iteration of MM is purely technical: it lacks soul because it doesn't give me any sense of satisfaction. With SV or MM back in the day, I couldn't wait to hit that Explosive Shot, Aimed Shot, Chimera Shot, or Kill Shot: the sound of LNL going off was music to my ears. With BFA's Aimed Shot, it's just another long cast on a Lethal Shots proc so I can go back to my two-button rotation.
As long as Trick Shots exists, MM will always be garbage.
I havent seen someone advocate keeping a spec down because of Wpvp balance, thats a mini game at best, making the spec suck at actual endgame because of wpvp is a terrible idea, who actually thinks blizz should balance around 40v40 wpvp encounters?
I look at this situation similar to how I view the rampant Horde favouritism from the writing team; the class design team is full of people who just enjoy melee more than ranged and it shows across their design decisions. I don't think there's anything malicious going on, I just think they are incapable of coming up with good ideas for most of the ranged specs; especially the Hunter specs.

MM's core issue is that they are intent on making it a standstill high-damage turret but are both neglecting the "high-damage" part while also excessively punishing ranged for movement on all current boss fights. 8.1 changes are nice but they don't come close to fixing this, especially when they seem to be unaware of which specs are underperforming and are bending over backwards to make sure any spec they are changing ends up exactly the same number-wise even though they are often in need of buffs (Elemental Shaman has the same problem).
It's just sad. I ran a few mythics with an MM hunter who had 15 more iLVL gear then I, better bow... I out DPSed them be a rather healthy amount. AOE, single target, didn't matter.

It's just wrong. MM should be the pure DPS build.

Of course, survival should be the PvP RANGED build, imho...

Best days for the hunter were 1.2. Been all downhill ever since.

Blizz has always had an issue with this class. I know back in vanilla not a SINGLE dev played one... wonder if that is still true...
Thanks for the replies all. Wish wed get another blue post.
https://raider.io/characters/us/illidan/Nicoyazawa

6th hunter in the world on raider.io plays MM. I ran with him last night and he beat my BM damage. Not by much, but he did. He was able to average about 18.5k for overall damage. Survival and MM damage scales better than BM. It comes down to a L2P thing.

I don’t enjoy the rotation and I’ve been MM since the game came out. So rotation and play style I’ll agree, damage issues I won’t because it’s not true. It’s just a more difficult spec to master at its current state / probably won’t yield you better results until you hit the 375 mark.
11/13/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Pillów
https://raider.io/characters/us/illidan/Nicoyazawa

6th hunter in the world on raider.io plays MM. I ran with him last night and he beat my BM damage. Not by much, but he did. He was able to average about 18.5k for overall damage. Survival and MM damage scales better than BM. It comes down to a L2P thing.

I don’t enjoy the rotation and I’ve been MM since the game came out. So rotation and play style I’ll agree, damage issues I won’t because it’s not true. It’s just a more difficult spec to master at its current state / probably won’t yield you better results until you hit the 375 mark.

anecdotal
The only thing Blizz is going to do to make specs feel slightly less bad is implement new mandatory azerite traits that you'll spend half a patch farming for, only to have Blizz nerf them into uselessness in the following patch.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Enjoy BfA.
11/13/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Signey
The only thing Blizz is going to do to make specs feel slightly less bad is implement new mandatory azerite traits that you'll spend half a patch farming for, only to have Blizz nerf them into uselessness in the following patch.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Enjoy BfA.

Too real man.
11/14/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Oakttg

Repeat ad nauseam.

Enjoy BfA.

Too real man.

To a real man? Or too real, man? PUNCTUATION MATTERS!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, MAN!?!?!!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?!?!!

Repeat ad nauseam.

Enjoy BfA.
I'm not a big fan of making such predictions in general, but I think this might be true.

This problem, along with most balance issues and many past, present, and future nerfs would go away if you couldn't stack Azerite Traits. Worst gear design ever.