can we do classic-only sub for reduced rate?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
Meh.

$15 for a WoW sub, just as it's been since inception.

You're not paying a Classic sub or a Retail sub.

You're paying a World of Warcraft sub. Your subscription will grant you access to two types of servers: Modern and Classic.

They aren't being treated as two separate games (since they aren't), just two different server rulesets.

Makes 100% perfect sense.
The 2 for 1 model just insures private servers will continue to grow. I've never played on a private server. I am now looking for one. Any suggestions?
11/08/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Bettyxboop
The 2 for 1 model just insures private servers will continue to grow.

They were going to anyway. They've been around since Vanilla.

People are too cheap to pay for a sub. Of course they were going to play for free if they could.
11/08/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Fallanaa
Meh.

You're paying a World of Warcraft sub. Your subscription will grant you access to two types of servers: Modern and Classic.

They aren't being treated as two separate games (since they aren't), just two different server rulesets.

You are a disingenuous troll. They are completely different games in both content as well as overall gameplay. BFA is closer to diablo than classic.
The 2 for 1 model just insures private servers will continue to grow. I've never played on a private server. I am now looking for one. Any suggestions?

The one I have heard is the best is sadly closing down due to classic.

11/08/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Fallanaa
The 2 for 1 model just insures private servers will continue to grow.

They were going to anyway. They've been around since Vanilla.

People are too cheap to pay for a sub. Of course they were going to play for free if they could.

There is that irony again.
11/08/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Thermiss
Of course not, and it gets shouted down by retail players every time it is brought up.
The irony is not lost on me.

Basically everything that follows this post is either blizzard shill or entitled BFA player
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Nah, I think a classic only cheaper sub would be a great thing, just have to deal with a couple things though, the combo will most likely stay no matter what, and the cheaper price means more gold farmers.
WoW has always been $15/month. Now you get access to 2 games for $15/month - Classic and Current. From a business perspective it makes sense as it allows people to go try or play the other version during a content drought of their main version.

It improves sub retention because it widens the WoW ecosystem.

If you decide to only play 1 that's fine it's up to you, but they are still maintaining the servers, providing services, they will have customer support. They will have stagnated content, maybe it's not "newly developed" but it's still work on the dev side to make it active and monitor it afterwards.
11/08/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Syllvester
there any mention of a classic-only sub which might lower the sub fee down?

There should be, but they wont do it because they would consider it creating a competitor to current wow.

I am one who thinks you just do the right thing and charge less and let the cards fall where they may, but blizzard is too near sided $$ anymore. Thats all they can think with.

I will probably come back for a few months but at $15 I won't stay even though its not much money. It just feels like paying too much for the product. Even if it was like $10 I would be happier.

Also I do not think they want it to be so blatantly obvious that a lot of people are not paying for their current work. Would make how badly developed this game is really obvious.

This current dev team would rather hide the bad than let the thought of failure light a fire under their butts.
11/08/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Thermiss
You are a disingenuous troll. They are completely different games in both content as well as overall gameplay. BFA is closer to diablo than classic.

You are the one being disingenuous. They are both World of Warcraft. One IP. "Game experiences may change over time" and all of that.

Blizzard isn't treating them as two different games, so they aren't.

You're just unhappy with some perceived slight.

Get over it, or don't play. It's that simple. Also, reported for harassment.
11/08/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Thermiss
11/08/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Fallanaa
Meh.

His point is accurate. Blizzard are treating them as different versions of the same game. They are going for a WoW ecosystem where you pay 1 sub for WoW. They are probably thinking long term when they have Classic, TBC and wotlk people won't want to pay $5 for each game... but they'll still pay $15 for 4 versions of the game.
11/08/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Mogar
adly, after watching Tips' pvp tournament my fears were confirmed: losers with nothing else to do in BfA will absolutely troll Classic. And it's not going to be a rare thing.

Sure it is, irrational fear based on hatred of the current game, only focusing on the SMALLEST player source and trying to place blame on them alone for all the ills that existed back in Vanilla with a full sub then and ignoring the tens of millions of former players who are going to by far make up the bulk of the population. NO sub plan is going to change any of that.
I will use the same rationalization today as I did back then when I decided to pay for a subscription for WoW in the first place.

For $15 I get to play as much as I want for an entire month. I could spend almost that much to watch a movie at the theatres, especially today. I know at my local theatre I can bump to a moving theatre seat (for maximum immersion) but that ticket in $20, and that is before concessions.

Arguing against $15 a month today is much harder than it was back then.

The worst thing is that we may get some trolls from the current game, but if they have the drive to actually level a character to 60, they have earned that troll pass.

An actual DEALBREAKER would be a level 60 boost at any time!
Hmm I dont mind paying 15 for a classic exclusive sub, I have no intention to play retail ever nor do I wish to support it. They suckered me in to play that expansion with the demon class, big mistake. For me personally, retail went to [removed] when they started that panda expansion but thats just my opinion.

[Edited for language - Forum Moderator]
11/08/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Ésuna
Hmm I dont mind paying 15 for a classic exclusive sub, I have no intention to play retail ever nor do I wish to support it. They suckered me in to play that expansion with the demon class, big mistake. For me personally, retail went to [removed] when they started that panda expansion but thats just my opinion.

Every Blizzard purchase you make supports whatever they want.
11/08/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Ésuna
nor do I wish to support it

If you pay for any Blizzard game, you are potentially supporting World of Warcraft: BfA.

Buying a card pack in Hearthstone doesn't mean your money goes into an account that is used to develop ONLY Hearthstone.
Just don't buy any future expansion packs? This really doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless im missing something.
11/08/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Phront
11/08/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Lawthegrey
Classic: $10.00
Retail: $15.00
Both: $20.00

This, I think, would be the smart move, but...

Not a chance. Adding a larger fee to current BfA players (such as myself) would be a fantastic way to reduce engagement in Classic. We want more players, not fewer.

If its players that we want an only classic smaller subscription would be ideal. Forcing people to sub to retail to play classic is just not cool
Paying 15$ for a World of Warcraft subscription is #NoChanges, though.
11/08/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Notprimal
Just don't buy any future expansion packs? This really doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless im missing something.

Imagine the new sub for retails gore up to 25$ because of classic development and stuff.
But you cant pay 15$ just for retail and you are forced to pay for both games wouldnt that piss you off ?
No go away.