can we do classic-only sub for reduced rate?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
11/09/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
11/09/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Shendalar
No. Then Blizzard can't claim how well Live is doing - because the players who only sub for Classic couldn't be included in the actual number of people who play Live.

It's better to force the Live subscription so they can say all those people are playing Live.

Except they can tell who is playing what...

...I think you missed the point.

Blizzard can say "5 million people are subscribed to WoW".

Those numbers do not tell us how many people are playing classic vs live - and Blizzard isn't going to tell us those numbers; they're just going to use them to make WoW look like it is doing better than it is.
11/09/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Shendalar

Those numbers do not tell us how many people are playing classic vs live - and Blizzard isn't going to tell us those numbers; they're just going to use them to make WoW look like it is doing better than it is.
And since only the nerdiest of nerds really care about something like this, no one's concerned.
11/09/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Derka
11/09/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Shendalar

And since only the nerdiest of nerds really care about something like this, no one's concerned.

Not sure what your reply has to do with anything. The point is that Blizzard is using the Live subscription to play Classic as a way to boost the numbers so they can boast Live WoW and talk about how great it is doing. Whether you're a 'nerd' who 'really cares' is besides the point. The point is still the point.
Pay the Blizzard price and enjoy the game! They earned it!
Blizzard has set the price, as it should be. If one has an issue with the price, the logical response is to not pay it.
Not sure what your reply has to do with anything. The point is that Blizzard is using the Live subscription to play Classic as a way to boost the numbers so they can boast Live WoW and talk about how great it is doing. Whether you're a 'nerd' who 'really cares' is besides the point. The point is still the point.
And you have no point. Let me help point out what you said:

You're contradicting yourself and using strawman arguments as to why "same sub is bad". Until actual records are printed out in who's playing what, it doesn't matter what Blizz says about their WoW (could be LIVE OR Classic, they're melded together, whether people like it or not) numbers because it's just WoW numbers! You said it earlier that it can mean EITHER LIVE OR Classic. People like YOU are the ones ASSUMING (without evidence) that those numbers means LIVE -_-
11/09/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Mellga
And you have no point. Let me help point out what you said:

You're contradicting yourself and using strawman arguments as to why "same sub is bad". Until actual records are printed out in who's playing what, it doesn't matter what Blizz says about their WoW (could be LIVE OR Classic, they're melded together, whether people like it or not) numbers because it's just WoW numbers! You said it earlier that it can mean EITHER LIVE OR Classic. People like YOU are the ones ASSUMING (without evidence) that those numbers means LIVE -_-

I didn't contradict myself at all or make a strawman argument (perhaps you should look up the definition). I said why Blizzard won't separate the sub fees - which, if you bother to look at how companies run, is exactly why they're doing what they're doing.

You seem to be overly aggressive and agitated by a simple post. You OK, man? Did you have a bad day? If so, that sucks... Hopefully tomorrow is better.
I didn't contradict myself at all or make a strawman argument (perhaps you should look up the definition). I said why Blizzard won't separate the sub fees - which, if you bother to look at how companies run, is exactly why they're doing what they're doing.

You seem to be overly aggressive and agitated by a simple post. You OK, man? Did you have a bad day? If so, that sucks... Hopefully tomorrow is better.
Exactly. Nothing more to say, now we're on the personal level stage. This is ALL irrelevant, stay focused.

Back to what you said earlier, it is strawman, and you're creating mass hysteria over hypotheticals.
11/09/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Ashief
Pay the Blizzard price and enjoy the game! They earned it!

The ones who “earned it” left blizzard a long time ago. The ones profitting currently from the success of vanilla, via propping up the corpse of bfa with it have F-All to do with what originally made vanilla great.
farm gold on retail to pay for classic

dont get rid of this possibility people
11/09/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Mellga

Exactly. Nothing more to say, now we're on the personal level stage. This is ALL irrelevant, stay focused.

Back to what you said earlier, it is strawman, and you're creating mass hysteria over hypotheticals.

Hey - you're the one who's getting all agitated and berating people. I'm just asking why you're doing that; the only thing I can imagine is that your day has been sucky.

And no, it's not straw man. Read this over: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man And get back to me on which part of that I'm using.

I'm simply stating a reason why they're not going to separate the fees. That's not being a straw man.

p.s. - Mass hysteria? Who is being hysterical and where are the masses that are doing it? Talk about going overboard.
Hey - you're the one who's getting all agitated and berating people. I'm just asking why you're doing that; the only thing I can imagine is that your day has been sucky.

And no, it's not straw man. Read this over: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man And get back to me on which part of that I'm using.

I'm simply stating a reason why they're not going to separate the fees. That's not being a straw man.

p.s. - Mass hysteria? Who is being hysterical and where are the masses that are doing it? Talk about going overboard.
Stop talking about me, on a personal level. It's irrelevant to the conversation.

Anyhoot, it is strawman for BOTH sides. Both sides consisting of those who want separate subs and those that say it'll remain as is.

It IS mass hysteria 'cause there's so many threads talking about this. Is it not? -_-
11/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Mellga

Stop talking about me, on a personal level. It's irrelevant to the conversation.

Anyhoot, it is strawman for BOTH sides. Both sides consisting of those who want separate subs and those that say it'll remain as is.

It IS mass hysteria 'cause there's so many threads talking about this. Is it not? -_-

No - it's not mass hysteria. It's just pointing out something fairly obvious. I'm also being personal because I care; I may be a faceless Internet person in your world, but I realize everyone behind the screen has a life and sometimes crappy things happen that make people angry. I'm not here to put you down or call names (as you have); as it's not how people should treat other people.

I'm just pointing out something obvious. There will not be a separate sub fee because Blizzard wants the sub count to all go into a single pool so that they can use the numbers however it benefits them (which is likely going to be pushing at how Live is getting better - even if it's not; and also being able to boast about having a second game for free!).

It's just obvious business.
11/09/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Shendalar
No - it's not mass hysteria. It's just pointing out something fairly obvious. I'm also being personal because I care; I may be a faceless Internet person in your world, but I realize everyone behind the screen has a life and sometimes crappy things happen that make people angry. I'm not here to put you down or call names (as you have); as it's not how people should treat other people.

I'm just pointing out something obvious. There will not be a separate sub fee because Blizzard wants the sub count to all go into a single pool so that they can use the numbers however it benefits them (which is likely going to be pushing at how Live is getting better - even if it's not; and also being able to boast about having a second game for free!).

It is mass hysteria, as I already expressed with the plethora of threads about the subject matter. If it's just pointing it out, we would have less threads about. I mean that's just "obvious" isn't it?

We're not here to talk about me/have a therapy session. It's "obvious" my life and orter peoples' lives are irrelevant to the subject, at hand.

We're being repetitive, here. Anything new you'd like to add?
11/09/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Mellga
11/09/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Shendalar

It is mass hysteria, as I already expressed with the plethora of threads about the subject matter. If it's just pointing it out, we would have less threads about. I mean that's just "obvious" isn't it?

We're not here to talk about me/have a therapy session. It's "obvious" my life and orter peoples' lives are irrelevant to the subject, at hand.

We're being repetitive, here. Anything new you'd like to add?

Your life is never irrelevant to the subject. Our personal experiences are always a part of the conversation. Why do you feel yours doesn't matter? Can I help in some way?

So... I'm going to post this video here that described what Mass Hysteria is. If you give it a watch, you'll realize this is nothing even close to that. You are, unfortunately, being overly dramatic about the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKdQfsqpQ0
<span class="truncated">...</span>Exactly. Nothing more to say, now we're on the personal level stage. This is ALL irrelevant, stay focused.

Dude, he/she has done this same strategy in the past. She will shortly begin saying you are attacking/harassing her personally and will melt down. You've been warned.
I really don't mind, I've been waiting for a long time for this. You're going to get your money's worth.
11/08/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Thermiss
Of course not, and it gets shouted down by retail players every time it is brought up.
The irony is not lost on me.

Basically everything that follows this post is either blizzard shill or entitled BFA player
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

any time i mention classic wow anywhere especially on youtube i get massive flaming from BFA players and then if i fire back they say classic players r toxic
11/09/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Gattz
11/09/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Tohopkhan
Haven't we done this argument before?

Like, way WAY back?

$15 has always been the constant rate, no more, no less.

Stop penny pinching.

Haven't you not added anything to these conversations before? Sit down before you hurt yourself trying to come up with something new.

There is literally nothing to add that hasn't been already said.

You're getting a 2-in-1 option of having access to both Retail and Classic that are arguably two different games just for $15. That is beyond a steal for any subscription-based MMO.
11/09/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Tohopkhan
11/09/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Gattz

Haven't you not added anything to these conversations before? Sit down before you hurt yourself trying to come up with something new.

There is literally nothing to add that hasn't been already said.

You're getting a 2-in-1 option of having access to both Retail and Classic that are arguably two different games just for $15. That is beyond a steal for any subscription-based MMO.

I smell a red herring. Just because you're getting two for the price of one doesn't mean you're getting anything for free. It's a trick companies play on you to make you think you're getting something for nothing. Everything in the world has a cost. The cost is always offset making you pay for both items.

The most likely event is blizzard realizes that only a small minority of players are likely going to use both classic and retail at the same time. They "bundle" them together as a "deal" to make people think they are getting a deal when in fact blizzard is going to be getting 15 from classic only players, and 15 from retail only players. With a very small minority using both platforms.

I'm still in favor of the model
$5-10 for classic only
$15 for the bundle

There is no reason to pay $15 dollars for a game that is almost 15 years old that could be run in my grandmas basement on current technology. (She doesn't actually have a basement).

Blizzard is very intentionally trying to swindle the classic community, and you're all just to shrill to admit it.

This is what bugs me with people what is so wrong with admitting you're getting screwed over but you acknowledge it because it serves your vested interests.