New players should get pwned

Battlegrounds
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks. People have been doing it since Vanilla. If you're a new player you're gonna stomped in PvP. Thats just how it is. Whether your a new lvl 25 or a new level 120. A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent. In a MMORPG a superior geared player should be able to "pwn a noob". Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.
I'll bite.

11/09/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Porwasil
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks.

No. Telling other people to shut-up is not an argument.

People have been doing it since Vanilla.

Status quo fallacy: Just because something has existed doesn't always make it right.

A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

Leave the "globalling" for the FPS bro-gamers. This is supposed to be an RPG with a little more depth and strategy.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent.

An experienced player should "pwn a noob" with the mastery of their class and knowledge of how to counter other classes. If you need a numerical advantage maybe your are not so experienced as you think.

Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

Ad hominem fallacy: Attack the argument not the individuals.
An experienced player should "pwn a noob" with the mastery of their class and knowledge of how to counter other classes. If you need a numerical advantage maybe your are not so experienced as you think.

This, just because you're geared doesn't make you experienced. Thinking better gear should always win is pretty asinine.
At the risk of making a useless post that I don't really care about...

I re-roll occasionally. I'm not a new player. I would trounce 90% of twinks (probably more) if we played on even footing (i.e. at max level/gear).

It has nothing to do with being a new player. It has everything to do with wanting to level out of those brackets ASAP because they're garbage - and wanting to level in BGs because questing/PvE is mind-numbing nonsense.
I agree with OP. If I want equal footing based on my knowledge of the class, I play Overwatch. WoW has always been about investment into your character and getting benefits out of that. This game is not only about the immediate actions in second-to-second combat, it's in character planning and development leading up to that combat. Bringing it to combat skill only drains the soul of the game for me.

I think, it's all influence of modern competitive games, like Overwatch, Fortnite, PUBG, and mobas. People just got used to instant participation and no time investment. WoW had always been about time investment.
I am divided on this topic, but I do want to point out that WoW has historically had more abilities per character than those in Overwatch and Fortnite. In my opinion, they're a little different. This is where I have always seen my time investment go and where learning your class should trump gear acquisition, but because of the pickup ease for FotM classes and the long term goal gratification from gearing up, I'm for a mix of both.
honestly they should. If a person whos never been in a fight before fights a 10 year MMA veteran that trains every day using the best equipment how do you think that fight is gonna go?
11/10/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Älíleí
honestly they should. If a person whos never been in a fight before fights a 10 year MMA veteran that trains every day using the best equipment how do you think that fight is gonna go?

The experienced fighter would probably destroy the inexperienced one, but the veteran doesn't need a pair of brass knuckles to do that.

Its more amusing thinking of the inexperienced fighter beating the veteran in an equal playing field. Talk about embarrassing. I think thats why twinks are so afraid of equal competition. If they lose to noobs who just pick up the game and are innately more skilled then them, it would be a hard pill to swallow. Gotta have a gear advantage to make sure the noobs don't beat them.
11/10/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Greyhide
I agree with the OP too. The guy who repeatedly failed the 3rd grade so he could be 30 years old and the biggest, baddest fighter at recess is clearly deserving of his victories. The other kids have access to the same gyms and steroids he does. They have no business complaining about it.

/highfive
I beat some new people, and I feel ok about it.
we have been playing for 14 years, and they just started. not sure what you expect to happen here

this is an mmorpg where gear matters just like it does at the level cap. get a set of enchanted heirlooms and you can compete too. you are probably losing to disc priests and blaming gear, but its really the spec
All things being equal, except gear.

Why shouldn't I have an advantage? I worked my !@# off for it. I earned it. You didn't. Why should you be entitled to equal ground when you have done nothing to earn it.

There's a reason no one fights naked.

I'm so tired of people $%^-*ing about gear. Blizzard has basically removed all disparity. They practically give it away. All you have to is get off your !@# and get it.
I don’t think anyone’s advocating for equal footing all around. We all want gear to matter, some more than others, and we agree that skill should be the first determining factor in a fight, right?

That being said, low level BGs are something of a mess and they are a lot of players first introduction to PvP. Gear advantages are one thing, getting pitted against players in BiS gear is another.

Steepening the gear disparity by allowing twinks back into gen pop does nothing to help. It’s fun for you (the twinks) and no one else at all.

Even experienced players leveling alts are discouraged from breaking up the mob grind monotony with a BG.
11/11/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Erelir
I don’t think anyone’s advocating for equal footing all around. We all want gear to matter, some more than others, and we agree that skill should be the first determining factor in a fight, right?

That being said, low level BGs are something of a mess and they are a lot of players first introduction to PvP. Gear advantages are one thing, getting pitted against players in BiS gear is another.

Steepening the gear disparity by allowing twinks back into gen pop does nothing to help. It’s fun for you (the twinks) and no one else at all.

Even experienced players leveling alts are discouraged from breaking up the mob grind monotony with a BG.

gear should matter in an mmorpg. any new player can run dungeons and get geared too btw

the real problem is that disc and arcane are stupidly OP and blizzard never gets around to low level tuning
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks.

No. Telling other people to shut-up is not an argument.

It's not an argument. It's fact.

People have been doing it since Vanilla.

Status quo fallacy: Just because something has existed doesn't always make it right.

Neither does it make it wrong. However, in this case, it's right.

Posted by Porwasil
A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

Leave the "globalling" for the FPS bro-gamers. This is supposed to be an RPG with a little more depth and strategy.

In reality, this doesn't exist. No one gets globaled any more.

Posted by Porwasil
In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent.

An experienced player does counter with knowledge. Part of that knowledge is using gear as an advantage. Sure, I can beat you with just skill. Better gear just makes it easier.

Posted by Porwasil
Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

Ad hominem fallacy: Attack the argument not the individuals.

As stated already. There is nothing to argue about. If you want your gear to be equal to mine, all you have to is work for it. It's not hard but it does take time. Why should my investment be diminished by someone who just reached max level?

We all play this this game knowing it's a gear grind. To think you are entitled is arrogant and disrespectful. It's like saying you just graduated college and deserve to the same salary as some who's been there 10 years.
11/11/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Tavlina

A fact is something that can be proven or disproven. So telling others to shut up can be proven or disproven?
This game is about getting the best gear possible to destroy everything. If you aren't geared then you should get farmed.
11/11/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/11/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Tavlina

A fact is something that can be proven or disproven. So telling others to shut up can be proven or disproven?

Yes. It was said in plain English. "Stop complaining"