New players should get pwned

Battlegrounds
11/11/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Greyhide
I'm being stupid? I'm not the one calling "stop complaining" a "fact."

Just saying.

Yes, you are being stupid. You are taking part of sentence out context and then twisting it to suite your need.

Here is the complete sentence: "You guys need to stop complaining about twinks."

That is a fact, there is truly a need. A need for people to stop complaining about twinks.

I don't know what else to say. You will eventually have to come to terms with it.
11/11/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/11/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Tavlina
Yes, you are being stupid. You are taking part of sentence out context and then twisting it to suite your need.

How did I take it out of context? You're calling something that isn't a fact a "fact" and when someone pointed it out to you, you called them "stupid."

Your sentence example is not a fact, it's an "order." You're giving instructions, not making a claim.

Either you really don't know what a fact is or you're a very bad troll.
'

You quoted the text. They didn't call you stupid, they said you were being stupid. Either you really don't know the difference or you're a very bad troll.
Drink vs beverage
11/11/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/11/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Tavlina

How did I take it out of context? You're calling something that isn't a fact a "fact" and when someone pointed it out to you, you called them "stupid."

Your sentence example is not a fact, it's an "order." You're giving instructions, not making a claim.

Either you really don't know what a fact is or you're a very bad troll.

You are claiming, "stop complaining" is not a fact. In and of itself, it's not. However, it is only part of the complete comment, "You guys need to stop complaining about twinks."

It is this complete comment which I and many others claim to be fact. It is a factual statement of how we feel. You might feel differently. But that's ok.

So, to be clear, I am claiming as fact the complete comment, "You guys need to stop complaining about twinks." That is what I quoted. That is what I defended.
11/11/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Greyhide
Drink vs beverage

Soda or Pop
11/11/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Tavlina
You are claiming, "stop complaining" is not a fact. In and of itself, it's not. However, it is only part of the complete comment, "You guys need to stop complaining about twinks."

It is this complete comment which I and many others claim to be fact. It is a factual statement of how we feel. You might feel differently. But that's ok.

So, to be clear, I am claiming as fact the complete comment, "You guys need to stop complaining about twinks." That is what I quoted. That is what I defended.

Still not a fact. Saying "you guys are complaining about twinks" would be. You're giving an order and your opinion, no matter how you try and twist it around. But anyway, meaningless debate to go 2 pages on. You're not going to admit you're wrong. Have a great day.
There is a personal need of the rogue for you to stop complaining. That is a fact.
Cool
11/11/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Tavlina

Still not a fact. Saying "you guys are complaining about twinks" would be. You're giving an order, no matter how you try and twist it around. But anyway, meaningless debate to go 2 pages on. You're not going to admit you're wrong. Have a great day.

You need to take your hand out of the fire.
Is that a fact or a command?

You are arguing that "take your hand" is a command not a fact. It's neither until you view it in the context of the complete sentence. In this case, the complete comment is indeed a fact. Once you grasp the concept of a complete thought, it makes things much easier.
https://study.com/academy/lesson/facts-vs-opinions-examples-games-activities.html

I apparently cannot help you and you apparently cannot let it go. So here is a link that may give you solace.
11/11/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Greyhide
https://study.com/academy/lesson/facts-vs-opinions-examples-games-activities.html

I apparently cannot help you and you apparently cannot let it go. So here is a link that may give you solace.

The denial is real, take the L man.
gotta gear for the games
11/09/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Porwasil
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks. People have been doing it since Vanilla. If you're a new player you're gonna stomped in PvP. Thats just how it is. Whether your a new lvl 25 or a new level 120. A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent. In a MMORPG a superior geared player should be able to "pwn a noob". Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

This is exactly the reason this game is dwindling, elitist attitudes scaring away a new and fresh player base. Personally, because of people like you I would never recommend this game to any of my friends.
11/12/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Stryper
elitist attitudes scaring away a new and fresh player base.

You're gonna get that with and without twinks lol
11/09/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Yirris
I'll bite.

You guys need to stop complaining about twinks.

No. Telling other people to shut-up is not an argument.

People have been doing it since Vanilla.

Status quo fallacy: Just because something has existed doesn't always make it right.

A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

Leave the "globalling" for the FPS bro-gamers. This is supposed to be an RPG with a little more depth and strategy.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent.

An experienced player should "pwn a noob" with the mastery of their class and knowledge of how to counter other classes. If you need a numerical advantage maybe your are not so experienced as you think.

Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

Ad hominem fallacy: Attack the argument not the individuals.

You don’t understand RPGs do you?

Toon = character

Character levels/gear = character skill/experience that said character has acquired. Reference D&D, FF, and pretty much any rpg. A lvl 1 rat is not going to smash a lvl 20. Sorry.

Player is just part of the equation not 100. You just have brains to out smart the big enemy. If you die get your character stronger and get better. That is all.

Vanilla = casual mmo rpg

BFA = casual mmo action/adventure game.

It’s a big difference trust me.
11/13/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Zezeall

Toon = character

Character levels/gear = character skill/experience that said character has acquired. Reference D&D, FF, and pretty much any rpg. A lvl 1 rat is not going to smash a lvl 20. Sorry.

Player is just part of the equation not 100. You just have brains to out smart the big enemy. If you die get your character stronger and get better. That is all.

Vanilla = casual mmo rpg

That really doesn't have anything to do with the response you quoted.

The rest of what you said just seems like cherry-picked excuses. Yes, this is an RPG. Yes, progression is an aspect but doing it where you're roadblocking yourself and parking your rear where levelers are, then using the absolutely ridiculous answer that they are to blame? I really don't know who you're trying to fool. RPG progression (at least in all the others I've ever played) were to max out your level, then gear up. How many famous MMA fighters do you know who choose to stay in the beginner course at the YMCA and blame the new people for not beating him?
11/13/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/13/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Zezeall

Toon = character

Vanilla = casual mmo rpg

That really doesn't have anything to do with the response you quoted.

The rest of what you said just seems like cherry-picked excuses. Yes, this is an RPG. Yes, progression is an aspect but doing it where you're roadblocking yourself and parking your rear where levelers are, then using the absolutely ridiculous answer that they are to blame? I really don't know who you're trying to fool. RPG progression (at least in all the others I've ever played) were to max out your level, then gear up. How many famous MMA fighters do you know who choose to stay in the beginner course at the YMCA and blame the new people for not beating him?

How many ppl do see care what happens to a bug when you step on it?
Do you think bar fights happen?
Do you think an army SF sm care when he eliminates the enemy care how much training he received?

It happens...

No BFA is not a true RPG anymore.

You do know your gear scales? Wait I am trying to explain why BFA is not an rpg to you. Yea..... sorry didn’t know you needed help.
The first part of your response didn't even make any sense.

11/13/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Zezeall
No BFA is not a true RPG anymore.

Source?

11/13/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Zezeall
You do know your gear scales? Wait I am trying to explain why BFA is not an rpg to you. Yea..... sorry didn’t know you needed help.

You were giving your own opinion on what an RPG is, as if you were trying to reinvent the definition to better suit your situation.