New players should get pwned

Battlegrounds
twinks chase out all the normal people from low level bg's

It was best back in the very old days where people could get better gear, but not godlike twink gear.

Godlike twink gear just destroys participation and ruins the game for too many players.

It was also balanced when twinks had to 'xp off' into a separate bracket, to avoid losing all the gold they invested into their twink.

Mixing twinks and casual players is just bad design.
11/13/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Greyhide
The first part of your response didn't even make any sense.

11/13/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Zezeall
No BFA is not a true RPG anymore.

Source?

11/13/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Zezeall
You do know your gear scales? Wait I am trying to explain why BFA is not an rpg to you. Yea..... sorry didn’t know you needed help.

You were giving your own opinion on what an RPG is, as if you were trying to reinvent the definition to better suit your situation.

I will try to break it down. Explain why BFA share more common with an adventure game than rpg.

A role-playing game (RPG) is a game in which each participant assumes the role of a character, generally in a fantasy or science fiction setting, that can interact within the game's imaginary world.

Character or toon :player takes on the persona of a fictional character and
emphasize character advancement more than collaborative storytelling.

Action adventure game.
They are faster-paced because they include both physical and conceptual challenges. Pure action games have gameplay based on real-time interactions that challenge the reflexes. Hybrid of sorts

Action adventure toon: The story is heavily reliant upon the player character's movement, which triggers story events and thus affects the flow of the game.

Vanilla = casual RPG MMO
Why?
You have connection with your character/toon. Your characters advances and it doesn’t truly effect the main story. You are but an adventure. Can take months to level to 60.

BFA= casual action adventure MMO
Why? Your actions in the game effect the story, your character gear at lvl 120 scales and lvl scaling as well for lower level. Your character is not advancing on all aspects of the game.
It takes 12 hours to reach 120.
Reliant on reflexes more than gear/level of character.

Ask about ilvl scaling it is in the game. Only time you will not scale is in dungeons and raids.

I assume you never played the true RPG D&D and yet some how come at me like I don’t know.

Please young go educate yourself on games and quit being a lamb.
11/13/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Kugsneak
twinks chase out all the normal people from low level bg's

It was best back in the very old days where people could get better gear, but not godlike twink gear.

Godlike twink gear just destroys participation and ruins the game for too many players.

It was also balanced when twinks had to 'xp off' into a separate bracket, to avoid losing all the gold they invested into their twink.

Mixing twinks and casual players is just bad design.

Twinks back in bc or wrath (iirc) were pretty godly..as you had to plan very carefully how you twinked and hope you were lucky with certain rng drops before you got too much xp, i mean back then it was good because there was NO INCENTIVE to bg other than the love and want for actual pvp, so twinks were people who put effort in. Then they added experience in and everything went down hill. People will !@#$% about anything, remove twinks, they'll still find ^-*! to complain about because it isn't fair or balanced. Low lvl pvp will never be balanced.

Fact of the matter is, the power discrepancy isn't as bad as it used to be way back when.
11/13/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Zezeall
Please young go educate yourself on games and quit being a lamb.

I'm not even sure what any of that means but to the rest of your post, I literally quoted what you were doing and you turn around and did it again. You do not get to reinvent what World of Warcraft is, just because you feel it plays different now.
11/09/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Porwasil
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks. People have been doing it since Vanilla. If you're a new player you're gonna stomped in PvP. Thats just how it is. Whether your a new lvl 25 or a new level 120. A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent. In a MMORPG a superior geared player should be able to "pwn a noob". Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

Yes, new players coming into BGs should be "pwned", then when they don't queue again and player participation suffers, and queue times get longer, how will that feel?
11/09/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Porwasil
You guys need to stop complaining about twinks. People have been doing it since Vanilla. If you're a new player you're gonna stomped in PvP. Thats just how it is. Whether your a new lvl 25 or a new level 120. A geared twink or a mythic raid geared 120 is gonna global your character.

In both instances the experienced player has put in time to obtain superior gear to their opponent. In a MMORPG a superior geared player should be able to "pwn a noob". Y'all need to stop being so thin skinned.

when I was new I got pwned and I loved it, made me aspire to get better.

If you lose in this game and complain instead of aspiring to do better, you'll just stay a loser.

An experienced player should "pwn a noob" with the mastery of their class and knowledge of how to counter other classes. If you need a numerical advantage maybe your are not so experienced as you think.

This person forgot what game they're playing: an mmo-RPG. Gear matters in rpgs. get over / play a different game if you cannot
11/14/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Solanar
This person forgot what game they're playing: an mmo-RPG. Gear matters in rpgs. get over / play a different game if you cannot

Wow is so not an rpg.. we have little to no player agency to drive story

I've seen ccg's where players choice decided storyline out come more