Let us solo island expeditions

General Discussion
Sick of getting randomly kicked.... I'd rather have 2 npcs most of the time.
I've never been kicked on any of my characters. Not that random kicks don't happen, and people can't be jerks, but if it is happening that often, you might look at the common factor... you.
I agree, we should be allowed to queue with our AI teams until they figure out a way to stop that kicking issue

I haven't dealt with kicks yet, myself, but i know multiple friends who have, and i have also queued in a party frequently with one of my friends who gets an attempted votekick from the stranger in queue within the last 500 azerite on the meter kind of often.
This might be more fun and more unique.
11/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Walburgha
I've never been kicked on any of my characters. Not that random kicks don't happen, and people can't be jerks, but if it is happening that often, you might look at the common factor... you.

It happens on my geared toons (when I can solo mobs).
11/09/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Terranox
Sick of getting randomly kicked.... I'd rather have 2 npcs most of the time.

OR make a group in LFG and invite 2 like-minded players who want to do weekly or farm elites. Make it clear what your after.
ex·pe·di·tion
[ˌekspəˈdiSH(ə)n]

NOUN
a journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration, scientific research, or war.
11/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Swiftraven
I agree, we should be allowed to queue with our AI teams until they figure out a way to stop that kicking issue

I haven't dealt with kicks yet, myself, but i know multiple friends who have, and i have also queued in a party frequently with one of my friends who gets an attempted votekick from the stranger in queue within the last 500 azerite on the meter kind of often.

Here is a solution that will not be popular.

Anyone who agrees to a kick, should also get a 30 minute deserter buff! Makes kicks more meaningful and should slow down the jerk behavior.
As anti-social as it might sound, I would also enjoy doing solo expeditions with NPC teammates.
11/09/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Desombras
Here is a solution that will not be popular.

Anyone who agrees to a kick, should also get a 30 minute deserter buff! Makes kicks more meaningful and should slow down the jerk behavior.

i'd take that, tbh, but also inactives should be autokicked from any of these queued group events, to lessen the blowback. Kicking somebody who is contributing a notably smaller amount (maybe 20-30% less than the second lowest) to the azerite collection should also not trigger this debuff on kickers
I support this, largely because Blizzard designed them with mutually competing goals... which is super annoying.

Some people want to get them done fast (low loot).

Some people want to scour specifically for rares, especially late rares (high loot, takes longer).
11/09/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Wyler
I support this, largely because Blizzard designed them with mutually competing goals... which is super annoying.

Some people want to get them done fast (low loot).

Some people want to scour specifically for rares, especially late rares (high loot, takes longer).

This is me and like when I got 15 minutes before I go out I am not gonna wait to make a group (then get hit with a 30 minute lockout for no apparent reason and no communication with my team mates anyway).
So I just had an idea...what if we could bring our followers from all the expansions to help us with island expeditions in a solo version. That way we can customize the comps we want to run? Want your bodyguards to help you get treasure or azerite? I feel this would be cool. My problem with island expeditions seems to be more the teammates vs the actual content.
I agree we should be able to do these solo for those of us who rather run around exploring the islands and getting as much loot as possible.
Island expeditions are a joke. No one ever does them properly so as to get any of the good drops or mounts. Instead it's just zerg. If you don't zerg? Kick! So many people just can't comprehend how to do them correctly. The only solution at this point is to either delete them or completely overhaul how they work.
Never been kicked. That said, for any type of group content, I'd love to be able to use 120 alts as AI teammates.
11/09/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Terranox
So I just had an idea...what if we could bring our followers from all the expansions to help us with island expeditions in a solo version. That way we can customize the comps we want to run? Want your bodyguards to help you get treasure or azerite? I feel this would be cool. My problem with island expeditions seems to be more the teammates vs the actual content.
I like this idea. When we first had followers in WoD, I was super disappointed that we were just sending them out instead of doing stuff with them.
11/09/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Ajora
ex·pe·di·tion
[ˌekspəˈdiSH(ə)n]

NOUN
a journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration, scientific research, or war.

it would be with ai teamates
i dont do islands